+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 114 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Aside from DEF / HP / mitgation buffs from character skills, summons and weapon skills, it's really the base multiplier from your weapons and summons that go into stats. And then there are healers obviously.

The story Catalina (blue chick with a sword) has both a heal, and a 50% flat mitigation skill. Use the mitigation when a boss is about to use his skills (diamonds filled up and flashing), and that should keep you going for a bit.

Here's a list of all the jobs and their skills (missing the newer classes, but still useful). I made a beeline for the Tier 3 thief to get the treasure up ability, but there are a lot of choices for progression. Do note that JP acquisition slows down considerably when you get to rank 40ish and leveling up takes longer, so don't blow all your JP thinking that you'll get lots more. You have enough to go straight for a tier 3 job quite easily, but your 2nd tier 3 will take an extra week or so.

You have to fill the 750 points to keep your event character, otherwise he'll go away after the event ends. These screenshots are for the previous event character (which needed 1,000 points), but this is what you need to track. I think it's tied to exp, so just run the usual dungeons, and it'll go up.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Anakron View Post
    Aside from DEF / HP / mitgation buffs from character skills, summons and weapon skills, it's really the base multiplier from your weapons and summons that go into stats. And then there are healers obviously.

You have to fill the 750 points to keep your event character, otherwise he'll go away after the event ends. These screenshots are for the previous event character (which needed 1,000 points), but this is what you need to track. I think it's tied to exp, so just run the usual dungeons, and it'll go up.

Oh THAT'S what that was. I had no idea. Thanks. I got it to 100% but had no idea what it was.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

So now that I'm done rerolling, I'm trying to get logged into the account I want to use on my actual Android phone, however when I download and install the APK, I don't actually see any option to log-in or use an existing ID. Does anyone know if I'm overlooking something?

Edit: Nevermind, found it. The option to log-in with an existing ID was hidden behind two other menus and thrown into a tiny corner with tiny text that I didn't see at first.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Got Catherine SSR and some ridiculous giant-boobed SR spear girl. All F squad is a go.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

anyone know who this is? my ssr pull today. I'm at work and thus can't really browse the wiki or tier lists or anything, stupid firewall. second ssr on my account, she's water and my last one was wind but it's a start. got a couple SR characters in this roll too.

10 more accounts to roll when I get home, I'm excited :D

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Sochie:

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

double post

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Any way to log out of this game properly? I got the https://ssl.sp.mbga.jp/_logout to work once, but it keeps logging be back into Salt +2 when I want to go to salt +3.

Looks like closing the browser could be the key, or maybe it's a time thing?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

You can always try incognito mode, or clear cache / cookies.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Incognito is the way to go; when you're done with one account, just close the Incognito browser entirely and open a new one.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

thanks Anakron! looks like a decent healer/debuffer. although she doesn't jive with eagleman but that's ok.

and +1 vote to incognito. incognito mode + developer mode is why I'm able to reroll in 4 minutes.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

So I did another pull with crystals and I got a dupe of Catherine's fuzzy punchy gloves. Is there any point to having two? Can I do anything special with them?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I believe you break them down into materials, use in fusion for something else; dunno the exact details.

Used Incognito + Dev to do todays rolls, but I still had to log out and then close the browser down. After I went through all of my accounts, I was able to create one more salt account, and got shut down after that one..... Sounds like Yuri-G is able to make re-roll accounts still, so I dunno what's up now.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    So I did another pull with crystals and I got a dupe of Catherine's fuzzy punchy gloves. Is there any point to having two? Can I do anything special with them?
    You can also use them to limit break your first. But for now, I'd keep it around and use it as a stat stick. I'm not making any irreversible decisions until English comes out and I know exactly what I'm doing. I'm even keeping all my gacha R weapons for skill up fodder later.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    I believe you break them down into materials, use in fusion for something else; dunno the exact details.

Used Incognito + Dev to do todays rolls, but I still had to log out and then close the browser down. After I went through all of my accounts, I was able to create one more salt account, and got shut down after that one..... Sounds like Yuri-G is able to make re-roll accounts still, so I dunno what's up now.
    Nah I should clarify - I was able to reroll in 4 minutes yesterday. Today, I tried a few times and get a moon runes error message. So I think they're onto me :/ When I say that I'm rolling today I mean that I'm taking advantage of the gacha reset at 3:00 PM CST on the accounts I already made, not creating new accounts.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Probably going to have to wait for the English patch. Tempting as it is I just don't have the time to dive in right now anyways.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    Nah I should clarify - I was able to reroll in 4 minutes yesterday. Today, I tried a few times and get a moon runes error message. So I think they're onto me :/ When I say that I'm rolling today I mean that I'm taking advantage of the gacha reset at 3:00 PM CST on the accounts I already made, not creating new accounts.
    ah, gotcha.

Well, two of my accounts have two SSR on them:

Altair + Yoda +Suetra (SR but considered SSR tier)
    Jean D'Arc + Metera F.

Two others have one SSR: Altiar on one and Lennah on another

So far, the first one seems to have more synergy & power but Jean & Metera are easier on the eyes.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Jeanne is a great support character, but Yoda will completely carry you through early and mid game with his Ougi ability. I'd go with the first account without question.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I occasionally see something about all human pt or all dowarf (dwarf?) but I don't really get what they are saying. I seem to be able to put humans and non-humans, in the same part, so I'm guessing there's some sort of bonus for having all element teams or of the same race?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Skills from your weapons and summons are usually element-aligned, so a mono-element team will generally be stronger than a mixed.

Dunno about the race part.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag