Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 336
  1. #241
    Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,841
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Just got back in.

    This movie was excellent. Very different from all the other Batman movies, in a good way. I want to honestly see the 4 hour cut of this. Not really going to say much else until others here get the chance to see it. That Batmobile though. GOD DAMN the engine.

  2. #242
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,720
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    I feel like it could still be shorter then it was, it's 3 hours long and you definitely feel it by the end. Takes itself a little too seriously, but a fantastic experience.

    Really enjoyed Pattinson's Batman, he absolutely kills it in this role (to be fair he has absolutely killed it in everything he's done post-Twilight)

  3. #243
    AoE
    AoE is offline
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    7,117
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Pattinson was a good Batman but a cringey Bruce Wayne. Doesn't take away from his performance at all though. Pretty great movie although long.

  4. #244
    Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    18,842
    BG Level
    9

    Kept me solidly entertained for 3 straight hours, I would say that's a good movie.

    Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

  5. #245
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    12,621
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    Can’t believe I’m going to say this about a Batman movie…. But it was really good. The darkest one for sure, but I ate it up. I had to pee about 1/2 way through and didn’t want to leave incase I missed anything

  6. #246
    Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    18,842
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by AoE View Post
    Pattinson was a good Batman but a cringey Bruce Wayne. Doesn't take away from his performance at all though. Pretty great movie although long.
    2 years into his career was before Batman had really developed the "Bruce Wayne" persona. If they make more of these I'm hoping that's part of the story.

    Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

  7. #247
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    28,619
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    Can’t believe I’m going to say this about a Batman movie…. But it was really good. The darkest one for sure, but I ate it up. I had to pee about 1/2 way through and didn’t want to leave incase I missed anything
    Same, bit the bullet and ran. Thankfully the men's room was right next door, so didn't take me long.

    My only complaint is I wish they just went all the way and gone Rated R. Definitely want to see more though.

    Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

  8. #248
    Kevin Chang
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,685
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    Can’t believe I’m going to say this about a Batman movie…. But it was really good. The darkest one for sure, but I ate it up. I had to pee about 1/2 way through and didn’t want to leave incase I missed anything
    Did you not like Nolan's Dark Knight?

    Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

  9. #249
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    12,621
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    Did you not like Nolan's Dark Knight?

    Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    I liked the first and the second a lot. I still think I enjoyed this movie more. Granted it’s been a while so I might need to rewatch the Nolan films.

  10. #250
    Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,841
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    I think of the Nolan films, Batman Begins is my favorite. TDK is great too just as it's amazing movie all around, but something about Begins is just one of those movies that I can go back to and still be thrilled to watch every time.

    The thing that did it for me in this movie was how human they made Batman. He's not some unstoppable machine that doesn't experience fatigue and pain, and I feel like this movie portrayed that really well.

  11. #251
    Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    18,842
    BG Level
    9

    I'm glad to see there's a consensus that Rises was garbage nonsense.

    Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

  12. #252
    Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,995
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    I think people are too eager to shit on rises casue they had impossible expectations coming out of the dark knight. It's easily the weakest of the three but It's still fine and despite only watching it twice when it was in theaters I can still remember every plot beat which is not something I can say about 75% of MCU films.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

  13. #253
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,903
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrbeansman View Post
    I think people are too eager to shit on rises casue they had impossible expectations coming out of the dark knight. It's easily the weakest of the three but It's still fine and despite only watching it twice when it was in theaters I can still remember every plot beat which is not something I can say about 75% of MCU films.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    You mean the plot that repeated itself with Batman having to learn to be Batman again and miraculously escaping a nuclear blast? That plot?

    Pretty easy to not miss those plot beats when you can catch them through the holes and circular logic.

  14. #254
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,824
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    TDKR just had too many "that doesn't make any fucking sense" plot points. Fixing Bruce's back?? wtf.

    I still enjoy a lot of individual scenes and segments because they are done really well.

  15. #255
    Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,995
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    You mean the plot that repeated itself with Batman having to learn to be Batman again and miraculously escaping a nuclear blast? That plot?

    Pretty easy to not miss those plot beats when you can catch them through the holes and circular logic.
    I was talking about how the film had staying power in my head while the MCU films didn't but sure go off mr janitor.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

  16. #256
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,903
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrbeansman View Post
    I was talking about how the film had staying power in my head while the MCU films didn't but sure go off mr janitor.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    I'm a doctor, not a film critic.

  17. #257
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    28,619
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    I'm a doctor, not a film critic.
    Thought you were a janitor.

    Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

  18. #258
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,903
    BG Level
    10

    I do clean up a lot of messes.

  19. #259
    Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    18,842
    BG Level
    9

    TDKR is a film only possible in a universe where the rules of time and space have no meaning.

    Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

  20. #260
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    936
    BG Level
    5

    Movie was good but I made a huge mistake and only ordered 1 ICEE for my and my fiancé and ended up getting SUPER THIRSTY like half way through which was very distracting. Recommend filling up on the drinks and snacks and using the bathroom beforehand lol

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast