• Navigation
Page 114 of 253 FirstFirst ... 64 104 112 113 114 115 116 124 164 ... LastLast
Results 2261 to 2280 of 5043
  1. #2261
    Cyn
    Cyn is offline
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,104
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    I quit FFXIV when I finished the main ARR storyline honestly. And have literally never played WoW. I like indie games as much as the next guy, but most of my gaming is AAA stuff like CoD, Monster Hunter, etc. Coming from a 1080 should be a pretty noticeable jump for games like that, and frames are important in competitive FPS.

  2. #2262
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,112
    BG Level
    10

    Gonna have to replay control with rtx on, on top of cross play apex

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  3. #2263
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,946
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Sold my 2080ti ftw3 for what I paid for it 30 days ago. Even with that $1300 recoup its hard to justify the price/perf for the 3090.

  4. #2264
    Impossiblu
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,445
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    3090 is absolutely not worth it and any of us saying we are going to try to get one are not good role models

    On paper the 3080 is the big value this gen with the 3070 as a good buy if you can't save up for the 80. We'll see what benchmarks say for real world performance. Good shit getting your money back on the 2080ti tho with everyone panic dropping them for 500-600 bucks

  5. #2265
    Been Here Longer Than you
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,827
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    3090 is absolutely not worth it and any of us saying we are going to try to get one are not good role models
    I see this as a challenge and will now be purchasing multiple.

  6. #2266
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7,181
    BG Level
    8

    Meh, if you have the money, TREAT YO SELF!

  7. #2267
    Been Here Longer Than you
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,827
    BG Level
    10

    EVGA has some photos of their 30X0 lineup, including hydros:

    https://www.evga.com/articles/01434/...rtx-30-series/

    Based on forum posts, it sounds like the 3090 will *not* be part of the step-up program, but it is still unclear.

  8. #2268
    Been Here Longer Than you
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,827
    BG Level
    10

  9. #2269
    I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    17,539
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    yall are gonna buy these cards, load up overwatch/valorant once to screenshot your 200+ FPS on your 120hz display, and then go back to farming shit out on ffxiv/wow
    I mean I rode my last GPU for 7 years. I'm not someone who upgrades frequently. May go for the 3080 because who knows when I'm gonna buy another gpu again.

    though this time around, I'll probably only be playing consoles for exclusives since I did just build a new rig (sans GPUs since I knew new ones were coming out)

  10. #2270
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,544
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Azull Abaddon
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    On a 1070 right now since I built in spring waiting for the 3000 cards. Very happy with what I see. I was expecting to have to go 3060/70 depending on announcements.. but am def goin for a 3080 now.

  11. #2271
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,021
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

    3070Ti is heavily rumored. Would round out the mid range of offerings and probably be more reasonable for your average gamer. 3080 is a lot of card for anyone not playing bleeding edge games.


    ...still getting one though.

  12. #2272
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7,181
    BG Level
    8

    I've been on my 980ti FOREVER. So glad to see this stuff and at this price range. Time to upgrade.

  13. #2273
    Been Here Longer Than you
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,827
    BG Level
    10

    A whole lot of people are going to be disappointed later this month. Almost no sites are taking pre-orders and there is no limit on the quantity you can buy. Bots are going to dominate these releases instantly, like shoes. Aftermarket prices are going to be 2+x the retail.

    Someone correct me if this has changed, but as of yesterday this was accurate.

  14. #2274
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,112
    BG Level
    10

    I've been looking and I cant find pre-orders anywhere. I'm assuming there will be scalping, but I have my card saved and ready to go to try and buy asap

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  15. #2275
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,021
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

    Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    A whole lot of people are going to be disappointed later this month. Almost no sites are taking pre-orders and there is no limit on the quantity you can buy. Bots are going to dominate these releases instantly, like shoes. Aftermarket prices are going to be 2+x the retail.

    Someone correct me if this has changed, but as of yesterday this was accurate.
    100% with you. The prices are generating a LOT of buzz. And with everyone stuck at home and holidays coming? Fuuuck. Good luck.

  16. #2276
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    320
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Eragon Mcdohl
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Y'all think there will be a 3080ti somewhere between the 3080 and 3090? Maybe next year? If I upgrade I would probably want to wait for that.

  17. #2277
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    714
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    The prices are generating a LOT of buzz.
    Why? Because they DIDN'T increase over last gen's huge increase? These are still the same pricing points as 20XX that everyone bitched about. The 3080 is the same price as the 2080 at launch, $699. Same for the 3070/2070 at $499. The only price drop was effectively the 3090 ($1499) which is equivalent to last gen's Titan ($2499) having 24GB VRAM.

    Am I happy the price didn't increase? Yes.
    Am I happy with the price? No.

  18. #2278
    Been Here Longer Than you
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,827
    BG Level
    10

    The prices on like the last 4 generations of GPUs are only suggested retail price. They *ALWAYS* adjust and almost immediately. People are happy because they see a 2080 TI selling for $1400 on the reg and a 3080 is supposedly 15-20% better for half the price. The thing is, that half price-point won't stick. Never has, likely never will.

    You can try your best to get lucky with founders, or by some miracle Nvidia has produced 10x more than the expected amount. Given covid and and other known foundry issues, this is highly unlikely.

  19. #2279
    Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    21,329
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    Yoooo msi might be king this time around can't wait to see Strix vs msi temp/db. I'm all about that db.

    Also 3070ti is super interesting considering the vram it may have. 3080 is my go to unless the 3080ti hits around 1k.

    Currently looking at getting a Samsung G9 or a LG 38GN950 so gonna need all the card I can get non-3090.

  20. #2280
    Straight Ca$h Homie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    10,942
    BG Level
    9

    I think people are hype over the price to performance compared to last gen. Linus already claimed that this might be biggest leap we're taking in price/performance since 2004. I'm happy with that news, I just don't think any AAA titles will utilize that power for another 2-3 years
    tt th

Page 114 of 253 FirstFirst ... 64 104 112 113 114 115 116 124 164 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. PC Build Advice/Review Thread
    By BerenTebogo in forum Tech
    Replies: 3324
    Last Post: 2016-04-17, 21:26