• Navigation
Page 127 of 253 FirstFirst ... 77 117 125 126 127 128 129 137 177 ... LastLast
Results 2521 to 2540 of 5046
  1. #2521
    Kevin Chang
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,695
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybar View Post
    Cyberpunk 2077, resolution 1080 or better, but I do not have a 4k monitor at this time (that might be a goal for Xmas or next year spring), settings prefer high quality but I am not sure my budget would match that for the target game.
    1080 on ultra won't be difficult. I think a 2070 could do it. 4k with high or above will be expensive.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

  2. #2522
    Electric Six groupie
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,451
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

    Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    1080 tomorrow ultra won't be difficult. I think a 2070 could do it. 4k with high or above will be expensive.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Thanks dude. Any manufacturers better than another? MSI, ASUS, EVGA? I can do that research on my own but would also like other's opinions as well.

  3. #2523
    Kevin Chang
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,695
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    EVGA customer service is the best if you ever have issues, but I think most people think ASUS build quality is top.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

  4. #2524
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,782
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    ASUS customer service has historically been an absolute nightmare, which is something to consider.

    Reliability and performance on their products is spectacular, but if something goes wrong prepare for an experience akin to a root canal.

    I've always liked EVGA and Corsair solely because of their customer service, always been really easy to deal with.

  5. #2525
    Electric Six groupie
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,451
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

    Sound advice thank you.

  6. #2526
    I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    17,539
    BG Level
    9

    MSI scalping their own cards


  7. #2527
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,782
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    I was reading about that earlier today, it's so fucking scummy but I won't lie that I kinda respect the hustle

  8. #2528
    I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,270
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

  9. #2529
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,782
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Borderlands 3 is about the same as a 3080 I think?

    But the other two are like... noticably worse. CoD is like 20 fps less* then the 3080 and Gears 5 is 13ish fps lower.

    Price will matter but seems like AMD is gonna be competing with xx70 range as their top end again.

    The CPUs look good though. That performance in comparison to the TDPs seems fantastic.

    * - I wrote that down wrong initially, had 40 when it's like half that

  10. #2530
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,946
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    nb4 3070ti

    50$ price increase stinks but I've already sold my 3900x. Probably go 5900x.

  11. #2531
    Been Here Longer Than you
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,926
    BG Level
    10

    I'll be selling my 3900x and getting either a 5900x or 5950x.

  12. #2532
    Impossiblu
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,445
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Same, ready to roll on a 19% IPC improvement

  13. #2533
    Kevin Chang
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,695
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    I'm tempted to upgrade my processor when I upgrade my GPU, but I got a steal (bought a 3600 and they accidentally gave me a 3700X) and I feel like my CPU doesn't bottleneck me anywhere.

  14. #2534

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    22,003
    BG Level
    10

    wonder if they'll finally clear the last hurdle and unseat Intel for single-core/gaming performance

  15. #2535
    Ze NinjaSYXX
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,899
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    wonder if they'll finally clear the last hurdle and unseat Intel for single-core/gaming performance
    Possibly not, but the closer they get to it the better. This is overall the best bang for the buck. But fuck me with that release date, it’s a week apart from the ps5... lol

  16. #2536
    Impossiblu
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,445
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    wonder if they'll finally clear the last hurdle and unseat Intel for single-core/gaming performance
    Very good chance of matching the 10900k, and considering the utility of Ryzen 7 and Ryzen 9 compared to even an i9 that's big news if you dabble in any type of production at all. Rocket Lake (intel 11000 series) will pull away again though by another 10-20% I'm sure. Zen3+ and Zen4 are going to be the death knell for Intel if they don't innovate in the next couple years though. DDR5 is potentially going to be able to scale Ryzen systems up to another level.

  17. #2537
    Been Here Longer Than you
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,926
    BG Level
    10

    Until AMD has some kind of slip-up, I'm never going back to Intel.

  18. #2538
    Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    7,075
    BG Level
    8

    Intel, like nvidia, have perfected the atomic recipe of their semiconductors. Amd caught up because intel got too cocky, or simply didn't care. They've been pushing their line of fpgas (embedded architectures) for a few years. You can get them for $60 bucks or several grand. It's actually pretty cool stuff and big companies love that type of experience in your cv.

  19. #2539
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,946
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    I'll be selling my 3900x and getting either a 5900x or 5950x.
    I picked up a new ram kite 3600 16-16-16-36. My last kit was bdie but bad bin. Ram was no where to be found during the ryzen2 launch. So similar to you I'm going from 3900x/2080ti to 5900x/3090+ram upgrade. Now I just have to wait since I sold my stuff in advance.

  20. #2540
    Ze NinjaSYXX
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,899
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Likely going to stick to my 3200 ram and going 5800X or 5900X w/ an X570 or B550 mobo, either way it’s a major upgrade from a 2700X. Still trying to get my damn 3080...

Page 127 of 253 FirstFirst ... 77 117 125 126 127 128 129 137 177 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. PC Build Advice/Review Thread
    By BerenTebogo in forum Tech
    Replies: 3324
    Last Post: 2016-04-17, 21:26