So to further add to the Ambuscade thing. My strat lately has been to throw 2 autos on Taurus at the start then run to opposite side and have tanks + healing trusts hold the demon until Taurus dead then hope the autos run back fast enough to start hitting it before dread spikes but not a huge deal if not as 2 skillchains kill it from full.
Anyways a few runs lately I've noticed even at 50' away from the Taurus sometimes I'd still somehow get enmity and it would come to fuck my world up. Seemed kind of random at first but I noticed it started happening when I started trying to outdistance the demons initial cast on me since it would often use absorb attribute taking a good buff and triboxing and all wouldn't notice until I'd be like why Taurus not dead yet.
Anyways did a little playing around and seems like that little delay I got from messing around like that was what was doing it. As far as I can tell it is because the demon would end up landing a spell on me before my autos got on Taurus. So like I would hypnotize that just aggroing them puts everyone on an aggro list but not the hate list but either of them acting on you or you them puts them both on the hate list of everyone if unless pets are on them.
XI Wiki


