Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 82
  1. #41
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1,829
    BG Level
    6

    Nightmare Evrae Altana: That was considerably easier than I thought it would be. I've been preparing since..whenever... out of fear of its difficulty.
    Throughput and stuff:
    Selphie: 402 mnd, 5281 HP, 287 Res, precious watch (shared cure all SB) giant's ring (VIII) Curaja R4 Arise R1, White Mage Adept
    Eiko: 334 MND, 4966 HP, 365 Res, candle rod (mending flame), veil of adel (VIII), esuna R3, renewing cure r4, Mako Might
    Lenna: 469 MND, 320 Res, 4323 HP, diaga r4, curaga r5, witch's hat (witchcraft), healer's prayer II
    tyro: 406 AMG, 263 Res, 6186 HP, dispel r3, swift bolt r5, sentinel grimoire, dr mog's teachings
    yuna; 461 MND, 361 Res, 5039 HP, holy rod (VI), protectra r2, diara r5, hymn of the fayth, aurora of destruction, summoner's prayer
    RW: divine guardian (IX)
    Strategy: T1 shellga off eiko, protectra off yuna, sent off tyro, selphie or lenna nukes; get everyone to high HP before phase change, using eiko as the esuna and emergency heals bot; P2, after poison lense use RW and raise/nuke mirrors 3 and 4; selphie and eiko aoe heal (priority to eiko because she'll be on standby all of P3), use sent as needed; P3, eiko standbys for esuna and everyone nukes/dispels. Ran out of the diaga and I think diara, but had soul break bars remaining (thanks, photon spray!).

    I could have gone with diara R5 over diaga R4, but I figure I have some potential use for diaga down the road whereas diara is a total waste. But diara's much cheaper. Not sure what the next whm abyss is like.

    Overall I actually thought it was pretty straightforward. Having time to prep is a huge boon.

  2. #42
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1,829
    BG Level
    6

    Tiamat: I put fat chocobo on tyro with magic breakdown R4 and aside from some disablega shenanigans (yes I DID want 3 party members Stopped!) it was pretty easy. If you're on the edge then give your healer fat choco/quake and a heal.

  3. #43
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,411
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Broke Vanille's MCII from the blank MCII Had her RM drop in the first battle at Fabul Castle trying to refresh RW for Garnet's.

    Yay!

    Doing the Tyro as a nuker strat for the mirrors Lightning Rod + Swift Bolt), made a copy of Raise at R1, otherwise Diara is R4 and Diaga R3. Hopefully my new Vanille toy will restore enough uses on the Dia spells and give me enough to take out the Guado for Phase 3 without having to hone it. As soon as Garnet's RM pops ill see how it works.

  4. #44
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,950
    BG Level
    10

    Having AoE cures on each mage made using cures as damage spells so much easier. In an emergency I was able to toss one out for cures but for the most part everything was used for damage.

  5. #45
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    994
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Mastered with 3 medals lost (1 action + 2 damage) first try without s/l with:

    Yuna - Diaga r4 / Protectga r3 / Summoner's Prayer / The Sending
    Lenna - Diaga r4 / Shellga r3 / Healer's Prayer II / Princess's Favor
    Tyro - Swift Bolt r5 / Dispel r3 / Hardened Assassin / SG
    Penelo - Curaja r5 / Faith r2 / Cetra's Destiny / War Dance
    Vanille - Curaga r5 / Esuna r3 / Mako / Oerba's Boon

    RW - Divine Guardian

    I originally wasn't going to bother with this fight until I actually needed the crystals since I knew this fight would come back and the crystals aren't useful yet, so not much sense in honing a bunch of stuff that will be useless to me after, but then I realized I already had basically everything I needed to have a realistic shot at beating this thing. The sending definitely trivialized phase 2, as 2 shots of that + 2 swift bolts quickly wiped out the mirrors without triggering any explosions, and definitely eliminated the need for honing stuff like raise or more dia variants.

  6. #46
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,411
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Mastered, 2 medals lost for damage 1 for actions because I really just wanted to be sure mitigation was current heading into the last phase and I may have used wall and Protectga/Shellga a few times.

    Only orb casualty was a R1 raise, which I figure I may as well keep now. I feel like instincts would tell you "Oh Shit, my HP is falling so fast" but just trust in your Medica's and use your cure spells to target Evrae. I had plenty of uses of Diara and Diaga left even after using Vanille's staff twice.

    Mehnelo wrecked shit with Intercession. I can see how Yuna's Sending is easy mode for the mirrors. Selphie was hitting ~7.5k on Diara and Mehnelo was maxing dmg on Diaga, which probably meant I could have switched their RM and given Selphie more dmg. Yshtola and Vanille were hitting in the 5-6k range with Curaga/ja's and Tyro was breaching 4k with Swift Bolt.


  7. #47
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    255
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Ikuni Kuni
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Managed to clear Evrae, lost 2 medals to damage and 1 for actions but he decided to charged Nightmare Poison Breath as soon as the animation for Poisona ended and I lost those 3 medals too. Only thing I honed was Poisona, and I don't think I'm going to bother with the mastery crystals because I won't be using them anytime soon. Maybe in the future if I get better SBs or have excess orbs.

    Spoiler: show





    SBs: Wall on Y'shtola and Tyro, Mending Flame on Selphie, Royal Devotion/Mass Regen on Lenna, and Divine Favor on Rose

    RW: The Sending

  8. #48
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37,887
    BG Level
    10

    Redid my strat and went overboard

    2 medals for dmg taken lost

  9. #49
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,351
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    Mastered... was pretty easy... though then again, I literally went in with 4 AoE cures and SG.

  10. #50
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37,887
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirbyprime View Post
    Mastered... was pretty easy... though then again, I literally went in with 4 AoE cures and SG.
    "This exam was really easy, but I had all the answers on another copy so"


  11. #51
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,856
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Yeah same here. I had so many AOE heals I was just using them at the end without need because I ran out of damaging moves on Rosa lol

    Spoiler: show


    RW was Sending for Yuna. It made the Lens phase a joke.

  12. #52
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,950
    BG Level
    10

    That's pretty much what I did, though easy is pushing it.

  13. #53
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37,887
    BG Level
    10

    Any fight in the future will require multiple dia spells and 2 cure spells?

    Or can I dissemble the diara and curaga?

  14. #54
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,653
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Any fight in the future will require multiple dia spells and 2 cure spells?

    Or can I dissemble the diara and curaga?
    White Magic Nightmare #2?

  15. #55
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37,887
    BG Level
    10

    Yeah but that's in like 5
    Months ;(

  16. #56
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,653
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Well I think you can get rid of Curaga at least, will need more Diara/ga for the second one.

  17. #57
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37,887
    BG Level
    10

    Need to make ability space, don't wanna buy slots

  18. #58
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,654
    BG Level
    9

    Mastered this afternoon, but the RNG was pretty annoying. Had one fight in third phase where guado poisoned boss, it prepped nightmare, I esuna'd, then the boss itself prepped and got it off before I could esuna again even with haste on. Others usually involved photon spray focusing too much on someone, especially with SG down.

  19. #59
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,950
    BG Level
    10

    I kept a poisona in case that happened (and it did).

    RNG was bullshit on that fight. Anyone who went 1/1 either had godly synergy or was lucky as hell.

  20. #60
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37,887
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    I kept a poisona in case that happened (and it did).

    RNG was bullshit on that fight. Anyone who went 1/1 either had godly synergy or was lucky as hell.

    Or lies for internet fame

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FFRK - Abyss Dungeon - Combat Event & Strategies
    By Robertfb in forum Square-Enix Titles
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 2016-04-28, 16:45