1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 33 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 26 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 17 hours, 33 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 2 days, 16 hours, 26 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 83
  1. #21
    Hyperion Cross
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,096
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Wait, why don't you want it? You seem to be playing!

    I have an EU account, I don't think these are region tied.... right?

    I can reimburse you with something.

    edit: (in the event they don't work, you can choose a fellow US guy)

  2. #22
    She Shoots For The Stars
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    739
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    I'm planning on seeing if there's a PS4 game I want in a bit so I can get this code. There's a lot of good ones coming out, so should not be hard to find 20 bucks worth of game to get this with.

    I assume it's any game, even if it's not square related, right?

  3. #23

    Quote Originally Posted by mistmonster View Post
    Can I give my code away from? US/Amazon. Anyone want it?
    You can, friend of mine gifted me the butler/fat bird and the masks.

  4. #24
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,285
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

    Quote Originally Posted by Elizara View Post
    I'm planning on seeing if there's a PS4 game I want in a bit so I can get this code. There's a lot of good ones coming out, so should not be hard to find 20 bucks worth of game to get this with.

    I assume it's any game, even if it's not square related, right?
    I pre-ordered Zelda last night and got the code, roommate got one for Persona 5 as well. Looks to be anything shipped and sold by Amazon in the video games department. People were posting keyboards, mice and battery attachments with the bonus, too. Look just under the product description for "Special Offers" and there should be a blurb in there about FFXIV.

  5. #25
    New Odin
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,520
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    People say you can just order, get the code and cancel the order before you're charged.

  6. #26
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    373
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    I have an EU account, I don't think these are region tied.... right?
    Pretty sure they are.

  7. #27
    Hyperion Cross
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,096
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    I am willing to try. If it works I can reimburse him a bit via paypal or something!

  8. #28

    Quote Originally Posted by 3.141592 View Post
    Pretty sure they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    I am willing to try. If it works I can reimburse him a bit via paypal or something!
    If reddit is to be believed... EU got the shaft, and these are region locked.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...t_play/d4aakef

  9. #29
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    871
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Mist Monster
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Wait, why don't you want it? You seem to be playing!

    I have an EU account, I don't think these are region tied.... right?

    I can reimburse you with something.

    edit: (in the event they don't work, you can choose a fellow US guy)
    I haven't been competent in a rotations based game since my brain aneurysm/stroke so I'm not playing anymore and I'm pretty sure I won't in the future. I sent you a PM but I doubt it will work and I don't want anything in return

  10. #30
    The Fucking Voice of Actually
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,003
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    6

    I may need to use the preorder thing, because $20 is basically my budget for the coming Steam sale, and I'd rather not blow it on a single item off amazon instead.

  11. #31

    Honestly if a lot of people are using the preorder/cancel scheme I hope they get some sort of punishment. If anything, its just gonna make SE straight up put this shit on the mog station rather than risk getting scammed.

  12. #32
    Hyperion Cross
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,096
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh





    @mistmonster: Thank you for trying. I'm sorry to hear about your condition that prevents you from playing, I hope you're enjoying other games. Please provide the codes to someone in need of them!

  13. #33
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    871
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Mist Monster
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post




    @mistmonster: Thank you for trying. I'm sorry to hear about your condition that prevents you from playing, I hope you're enjoying other games. Please provide the codes to someone in need of them!
    Sorry that didn't work. So, I don't really peruse this section of BG, if anyone wants the codes, please PM me.

    EDIT: Codes gone

  14. #34
    Impossiblu
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,608
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by Luthia View Post
    Honestly if a lot of people are using the preorder/cancel scheme I hope they get some sort of punishment. If anything, its just gonna make SE straight up put this shit on the mog station rather than risk getting scammed.
    That isn't how these promotions work, if anyone is going to be pulling the promotion or punishing people who do this, it's Amazon.

    When I worked for a similar company that handled these promotions, there were two types:

    A) The company offering the items/digital goods were given a lump sum of money in addition to an advertisement deal (branding, special cardboard cutouts, digital banners, blurbs on the site, etc.) but did not receive any of the money related to the purchase of goods (i.e. someone buying a $60 PS4 game on Amazon would not entitle SE to money from that $60 PS4 game just because they have item codes attached to it)

    B) The company offering the items/digital goods paid the company that was distributing the promotional items as a part of an advertisement campaign. Advertisements are not free, promotional deals are generally treated as advertisement ones when it comes to money changing hands. In this case, the company that the promotional materials are linked to either get a small percentage of the money made on the promotional items themselves (branded mugs, drinks, food, whatever) or receive only the advertisement itself.


    Chances are SE falls under one of these two, as a corporate entity who is taking part in a promotional/advertisement based event is unlikely to simply be given the rights to an affiliate-based program.



    tl;dr SE already has their money, you should be more concerned about Amazon flipping their stance on it

  15. #35
    New Odin
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,520
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Didn't see any source, but someone said Amazon doesn't care.

  16. #36
    The Fucking Voice of Actually
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,003
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by mistmonster View Post
    EDIT: Codes gone
    Got codes, they worked, much appreciated.

  17. #37
    She Shoots For The Stars
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    739
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Well, i plan on buying a actual game. I have been slowly collecting a few PS3 and PS4 games, so I'm sure I can find one of them that's 20 bucks or more.

    I think my choices just by looking are Bravely Second, Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon, and Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth, tho I'm waiting until after my birthday (that's tomorrow); I could preorder something like KH 2.8 too. (Just so you know, I don't order or preorder unless I want it, but then I'm honest.)

  18. #38
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    123
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    I've heard some people are just buying the 60-day time card (digital) for $30 and getting the code but haven't heard any confirmation. Anyone try this yet? The time card's page doesn't have the promo displayed on it (spoiler). I...guess I don't mind just buying 2 months of play time. I'd rather not risk Amazon getting pissed at me, however slight the risk.

    Spoiler: show

  19. #39

  20. #40
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,399
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyuudo View Post
    I've heard some people are just buying the 60-day time card (digital) for $30 and getting the code but haven't heard any confirmation. Anyone try this yet? The time card's page doesn't have the promo displayed on it (spoiler). I...guess I don't mind just buying 2 months of play time. I'd rather not risk Amazon getting pissed at me, however slight the risk.

    Spoiler: show
    Unless you only do the Standard 30-day subscription plan the game time cards aren't really worth it. An Entry 30-day subscription runs $0.43 per day, Standard 90-day subscription is $0.47 per day, Standard 180-day subscription works out to $0.43 per day as well and a Legacy 180-day subscription costs $0.27 per day. Game time cards or the Standard 30-day subscription cost you $0.50 per day.