Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
Results 161 to 176 of 176
  1. #161
    We wear wine red on Wednesdays

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,241
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    735 show tomorrow night. GF and i gotta find some cringe ass shirts and shit idgaf I'm so excited for this shit.

  2. #162
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,291
    BG Level
    9

    Just finished. Not terrible but something you'll only enjoy if you're a fan of Pokemon. Other than that thr story was pretty hit or miss, but Reynolds and the CGI were really enjoyable I thought.

    Spoiler: show
    Few people in the theater cheered seeing Reynolds on screen

  3. #163
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,114
    BG Level
    10

    Spoiler: show
    A lot of highs, quite a few misses. It really is a movie for the fans, and for kids. I'll probably sit on it for a day but I liked it


    Movie is great for BG nerds and their kids. Go see it, maybe even rewatch the original movie for good measure.

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  4. #164
    Brokage
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,322
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Movie was awesome. Pretty much what you can expect from a Pokemon movie.

    Spoiler: show
    I liked how they referenced Mewtwo being the same one that escaped from the lab that created him 20 years ago in the original movie. But the villain saying "he's the most powerful Pokemon ever" while standing in front of statues of Arceus, Palkia and Dialga was like "uh... come on buddy."

    I kind of wish they had a few more little winks and nods to the original anime for the older crowd. And the whole Mewtwo thinking "humanity is awful... but you showed me some can be good", like, bruh, ASH AND A DIFFERENT PIKACHU ALREADY SHOWED YOU THIS BUDDEH!

    RR being the dad was predictable but totally fine.


    The movie is a prime and amazing example of how to properly CG and create a live-action version of a videogame world. Other franchises (Sonic and beyond) should seriously take note.

  5. #165
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,291
    BG Level
    9

    Out of all the CGI pokemon I think next to Pikachu the Bulbasaurs had to be my favorite. They were too damn cute.

    I think my favorite part.
    Spoiler: show
    Mr. Mime's interrogation and "death".

  6. #166
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,114
    BG Level
    10

    Spoiler: show
    pouring gasoline in the mr.mime was fucking dark lmao, I loved it


    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  7. #167
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,291
    BG Level
    9

    Spoiler: show
    Especially when they dropped the match. Mr. Mime's face before the cutaway was priceless.

  8. #168
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    903
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Lrak Sevenspears
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Took my nephew to see this earlier, both enjoyed it for different reasons. Think I’m going to have to watch it again as there’s lots of little things and detail I missed

  9. #169
    Hyperion Cross
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    8,916
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Spoiler: show
    pouring gasoline in the mr.mime was fucking dark lmao, I loved it


    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Spoiler: show
    Nah he deserves it lol. I hate that pokemon XD

    So I also went to see it...

    - The introduction/use of Mew Two early was a surprise to me, I originally thought it was just a bait to attract people in
    - The world building was fantastic, the use of Pokemon and such. Like the Lickitongue on the train, the Squirtle spraying water on the floor, the Charmander cooking
    - The intro showing the trainer aspect of the Pokemon was really amazing, as well as the knock-off Ash/Red shown. The Gyrados looked amazing and I really wish for a movie in the same style to be made
    - I love the psuedo London shots. The city is like a smoothie mix of London, Tokyo and other cities that I probably don't recognise but some others might
    - I can't stop staring at the animations, it just looks so good and attractive to look at, some bits were questionable like the final battle where Mew Two looked really obviously pasted on top of footage, in my opinion
    - The magikarp scene, LOL. And Ryan Reynolds randomly [badly] singing the Pokemon theme, it's almost like they had several takes of that scene where he just ad-libbed and they picked the best one
    - I was hoping to see a cameo of Ash (unless the dude at the beginning intro was him). Even if it's just brief, but I think it would've been funny especially if Ryan drops a few truth bombs
    - This Mew Two and anime/kanto/movie 1 Mew Two is linked, so I hope there to be other bits

  10. #170
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,095
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Great movie. Very predictable, but thats 100% OK and I got exactly what I wanted from this movie. I had fun. Wife and the kids all loved it.

  11. #171
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,291
    BG Level
    9

    So a bit off topic but did anyone else's theater show the Sonic trailer before the movie? The contrast between that model and the pokemon models is amazing.

  12. #172
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,906
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    So a bit off topic but did anyone else's theater show the Sonic trailer before the movie? The contrast between that model and the pokemon models is amazing.
    Yes.

    Speaking of which, this appears relevant:
    https://twitter.com/Geeky_Girl75/sta...35306669215745

  13. #173
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,291
    BG Level
    9

    Not exactly a high bar but Detective Pikachu broke the record for highest opening for a video game adaptation movie

  14. #174
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,829
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    And still 2nd to Endgame on its third weekend. That shit is wack.

  15. #175
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,291
    BG Level
    9

    Damn that's insane. I can't remember what was all playing but didn't expect it to top Captain Marvel/Shazam

  16. #176
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    70,482
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries
    9


Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Similar Threads

  1. The King of Fighters (Live action movie)
    By 6souls in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 2010-08-30, 20:06