+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Tales of Link     submit to reddit submit to twitter

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

What kind of crew do you have to farm HoH? I only managed to win it by using stones.

Also, fuck the randomness of the pulls. Did another GE pull after plowing through storymode. Got another Judith (not salty about that). What I am salty about? Had 3 tickets, needed 2.

..Only got one.

I'm currently sitting on one UR+ weapon and one UR weapon.

To my understanding, HoH and Chaos are the best bets for farming.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Chaos is hands down best for farming: No SR phase, upped weapon drop rate, and only 2 material items to contend with.

HoH is a hair less efficient with regards to stamina, but also has to deal with the SR upgrade phase (lot more orbs used to upgrade) and more upgrade items in the drop pool which means youre relying on RNG to upgrade to UR++ stage.

I was fairly lucky with pulls up until this GE banner. I have 2x brides (Spell and Bash) and 2x Kratos for arte healers. On higher end fights like that you tend to go more for HP leads vs attack ones and rely on boosting a high level Mystic Arte to take out 80-90% of the mobs HP in one strike.

I am in a weird position though where HoH isn't very challenging, but I can't quite tackle Chaos difficulty just yet. Very annoying.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Hey, at least you can FARM HoH, but I do kinda get it: I'm like you but one tier lower as I said. Can do unknown pretty reliably, but HoH is a dicey one.

Did get lucky and beat Yggdrasil in Ares realm, which netted me 10 hero stones, so.. About 5 more away from another 10 pull. Even if I don't get one from the actual pull, there's still a guaranteed GE pull. Just hope I don't get yet another Judy..

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Unfortunately can only play once a week now during this D: but i'm with Ayn, can only comfortably do Unknown, HoH requires luck/stones and Chaos is impossible.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

10 pull got me jack and shit.

But, got enough tickets for another God Eater pull and have Reid. I'm only missing Veigue, but hey, I'm pretty freaking happy with this squad. I can't *completely* farm HoH the way I can faceroll unknown, but things got a lot easier.

For those that do decide to put in my friend code, my top 3 are Edna, Reid, and Raven (sorry about him.. he's only in mine because of cure). They'll get a bit more power once I get their weapons up.

Also:

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Ayn View Post
    10 pull got me jack and shit.

But, got enough tickets for another God Eater pull and have Reid. I'm only missing Veigue, but hey, I'm pretty freaking happy with this squad. I can't *completely* farm HoH the way I can faceroll unknown, but things got a lot easier.

For those that do decide to put in my friend code, my top 3 are Edna, Reid, and Raven (sorry about him.. he's only in mine because of cure). They'll get a bit more power once I get their weapons up.

Also:

Congrats!

Took the dive on Chaos myself, AND I WON!

Sporting about a 50% success rate. If I get a Stahn 3x Square lead then it takes me 2 Mystic Artes with V Sara, if I get an Ivar 2x Triange lead it takes me three. Sadly most of my fails are when im one MA shy of winning and V Sara will not pop on the tile I need.

Weapons havne not been good to me on clears, but I have enough UR++ cores for a 5 weapon set atm. May get enough for 2 full sets then go back to HoH for a spell. A bash weapon would really help out on Bride Sara for extra heal oomph.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Thanks!

Man, I keep getting unlucky on HoH. Got a SR weapon, but ugh. Just want at least 3 Aragami Cores..but one would be nice at this point to clinch the Edna wep.

Oh god, Bride Sara with the Bash weapon would be beast tier for sure.

And grats on clearing Chaos! Oddly, these fights have been pretty fun. But don't you hate it when the panel RNG is like "NOPE" right at the start of the fight?

Gotta say man -- if you can snag a partner that has a turn delay, it helps. Reid's really bailed me out. If I can max out his passives, it's going to be a great time.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Spoiler: show

First Chaos clear!

Huzzah!

Now that this is getting better, I may try and burn through Dhaos arena to get his turn delay on the team.

Next Soul Arena is Edna (at this point the next few arenas may be Lailah and Dezel just to finish Zestiria, would be nice to get a fire spell finisher in Lailah though.) I may just sit this one out like i did with Alisha...not up for a 4mil Top 500 and my gel stock certainly can't handle it right now.

Man, how do you have so much HP? D:

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Man, how do you have so much HP? D:
    1.3 HP/Atk all units leader with a 1.5 HP/Atk all units friend unit. I have a weapon+armor on all my arte healer units (2x Kratos, 2x Brides), double armor on everyone else except my MA finisher with 2x weapons.

Starting to get aggravated with GE weapon drops. I can clear chaos, but my rate is hovering at only 75% (my mechanics are fine, all my losses have been to being tile screwed and unable to recover). That means its much more efficient for me to clear HOH 100% of the time and pray for a 20% rate than Chaos 3/4ths of the time and hope for the 34% rate.

Of course with HoH all I get are S+ and S++ materials.

I have finished 1 bash and 1 spell GE weapon to U++ and max broke it.

Current Progress:
    Slash - 2/6 U++
    Bash - 6/6 U++
    Thrust - 1/6 U++
    Shot - 2/6 U++ 0/6 U
    Spell - 6/6 U++

My goal is 2 sets fully LB'ed weapons. I don't know if ill get there.

Still have to find time to finish the last 3 stages of Ares Arena for Dhaos in the next 2 days and get 600k mana for Soul Arena.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Started soul arena, but have you noticed anything weird? On hard mode, any of my characters can one shot the crystals, wind ele or not.

On Mania, they all take one damage; I always figured it was an elemental thing or something..but am I missing something?

Casually grinding Soul Arena in the past got me to about..100k mana, but I guess if I do it nonstop with some refreshes, I can potentially hit that glorious 600k..but we'll see.

Lord knows I'm not gonna freakin' rank for a damn.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Ive done Mania grinding to hit 600k, i don't think I used any gels but I did abuse Sunday and Friday for rank up refreshes (run SA 2-3 times, spend the rest of stamina in Bewitching Thickets or Corina Mountain final stage for level up, repeat).

Hard mode Mana Eaters and Mania and above Mana Eaters have different HP caps before damage dealt isnt all 1's. Mania is 12k while hard and below is 5k.

For people who are capable of doing Mania and above but aren't quite capable of mindlessly doing it, a few tips can help a lot. Units with "Do 'X' amount of set damage to all targets" ignore that cap, and AoE artes that target a normal mob will damage the Mana Eater normally because of how the game calculates AoE damage.

Also for people who cant quite hit 12k often, if you use an AoE arte on a regular mob the damage ignores other units defenses and damages Mana Eaters normally. The tradeoff being not gaining the LC to tile flip to use a Mystic Arte to one shot the dragon at the end.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yeah, knew that about the one target mob, but the rest has been very helpful. The thing that screwed me over was 3 crystals showed up at once before the boss.

Though wait, I'm puzzled..has SA been going on longer? Because it just showed up for me today.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Re-edited my initial reply because I realized you were talking about the mana eater forms themselves and not their general mechanic.

Edna's SA started today at noon. SA's themselves have been going on forever. We've had Alisha, Sorey, and Mikleo over the past 2 months or so.

I've had pretty good luck on weapons dropping today for GE event, but all I seem to get are Bash and Spell. I'll look at doing 600k in SA once I get my first set complete.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Oh yeah, I remember the past ones.

I am kicking myself so hard for not doing Sorey's. I think I was just burned out on grinding it.

..And now I have a level 99 Sorey. Sigh.

I've managed to get a few GE weapons to level 80, but fights over Hard seem to be too much of a RNG-fest for me. Mix of low HP and not the proper units, I suppose. Managed one of the beach units with a chance to heal on arte, but my recovery is also fairly meh. Been doing more double weapons on people as going more defensive doesn't seem beneficial just yet.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Ayn View Post
    Oh yeah, I remember the past ones.

I am kicking myself so hard for not doing Sorey's. I think I was just burned out on grinding it.

..And now I have a level 99 Sorey. Sigh.
    Could be worse, could only have access to the game once a week the very second GE starts so you end up only having one GE weapon at 80+ and unable to do SAs as well like me

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Spoiler: show

Won against Dhaos with like 30 minutes remaining. Was about 1/10 and the winning run basically gave me a free red tile board that easily let me double boost for the win.

The hero stones went toward gels for GE weapons. Finally have one whole limit broke set, and already have another maxed out Bash and Spell weapon because that's all that will drop for me.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Lucky bastard; congrats!

Maybe by the time this rolls around again my crew will finally be strong enough. This might be the first soul arena where I get enough mana to get all the unranked prizes. Turn delayers and heal artes are game changers.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Boy are these rates shit. Rerolled for about 3 hours with each run taking maybe 5 minutes depending on how much I was paying attention. 3 rolls per account and got zero 5*.