+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Tales of Link     submit to reddit submit to twitter

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Was doing that 1st anniversary thing with the 50 floors. Got to 45 but that thing seems to wipe me with its multicolor target...

Been floating between 550-600 in Milia's arena. I'm hoping they actually keep up with the split idea, since it'll better guarantee some rewards for the not-whales even if they do split 50/50. Otherwise, last few draws have been meh. Party has 3 arte healers now, think I've got +20 starting LC, and Sync as an all tile changer. What I really need is a stronger finisher and some other abilities to sync with them so I can do the double boosted stuff. Some of the harder bosses still give me shit, though, especially with the 3+ tile FU moves.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Doing better on Milla's Soul Arena, but this one's definitely a "RNG is gonna RNG"

Barbatos's stats are pretty awesome, so I'm going to buckle down after Soul Arena (At about..200k. Maybe I can get 400k by the end if I burn through gels), then really try to finish these Ares realms.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm at 1 mil in Luke's SA casually using spare stamina here and there, mostly have been doing Sara's BD for the 1 mil clears.

Get Barbados if you can. Guy is fucking broken as all shit.

Ygdrassil has been my cockblock there. Part of the issue is I don't have a guardian to reduce light damage.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

About 450k in SA right now, then I'm going back to Ygg. Yeah, I hear how broken Barbatos is. His Soul Arena closes after. I'm stuck on the light element Cerberus.

I actually think I can clear it; the Global Milla I pulled is Dark Element and once I have her MA it's just a matter of RNG being nice to me.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Well, my friend got Barbatos, which I'm glad for.

I'm stuck on the Agria fight; I swapped in my relevant water units where I could and even equipped a few people with that, but it just seems like straight up RNG.

I do Sorey lead + another 1.4 or 1.5 booster (occassionally a Barbatos when a friend shows up), but surviving the fight's just a pain.

How'd you all make it past this fight?

Edit: Nevermind. Barbatos friend too strong.

Edit #2: Now I'm stuck on Yggdrasil. Basically need two MA's to take him down it seems, or slowly whittle him down to around 50%, while hoping that RNG procs nicely with your healers.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Sara's BDay has reached 1 Million clears!

Free 5* Milla and 5* hawks for everyone!

Ive cleared Dhaos Ares entirely, still have the final battle to do for Yggdrasil. Feels good to finally have Ygg since I was nowhere near being able to tackle him before. So once I break all the passives down that will leave me with:

3x8 LC from Barbatos
    1x8 LC from Ygg
    2x5 LC from GE Judith

So 42 Starting LC, plus anything else from friends (max 24), so 42-66 starting LC. Just have to grind out all those kills on 3 Barbatos and Yggy.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Congrats on Dhaos!

Barbatos get! FINALLY.

I'm on the last stage of Yggy and a few stages away from Dhaos (on an earth centaur). I'm tempted to go for Dhaos just to have the shothawk for Edna, but Ygg might be more doable.

As for me, I have (assuming I unlock everything..), my LC boosters so far are..

Christmas Milla
    Maid Milla
    GE Judith (2 of 'em)
    Barbatos

I *think* I might be able to get Yggy tonight if I luck out.. but I'm not sure if I should go with Team Barbatos or go with my team that actually let me beat Barbatos's SA (Parka Asbel; multiple MA's).

I did a test run and I think just a double boosted with Barbatos's leader skill active took off a little over half of his health, so if my Stahn friend shows up again, I might even be able to one shot him. Might need to unlock Maid Milla's Link Finisher with my Malik key. Quick math question for you, though: What's going to do more damage to Ygg:

Global Milla (Dark Element) wielding a dark weapon, god eater weapon (with the passive unlocked)? Or Maid Milla (Dark Element) with the God Eater passives (light, sadly)?

Pulled fractured Millia to find she can't use MAs. Sad face.

Not quite up to snuff to beat the realms yet. Just barely got to the first Cerberus stage on Barbatos, but have been stuck on the respective stage bosses in the others. Guessing at this point I just need to farm more SR++ weapons. :/

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Annd Ygg down!

I dunno, I thought that and managed to clear 'em.. what's your lineup look like?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Ayn View Post
    Annd Ygg down!

I dunno, I thought that and managed to clear 'em.. what's your lineup look like?
    That's great! Congrats!

Sure am glad to have these done. Yggy gave me all the headaches.

Arus, the Cerberus are the start of "kill it one hit" as they only have a few mil hp. Even one SR weapon with a matching finisher and an UR mystic arte should be able to take care of that unboosted. Keep trying and see what you can get done. There's 3 more weeks for Barbatos, so focus on him.

Next SA is Colette/Lloyd. Colette may be the easier one, since Lloyd is the better finisher.

There's some above average units in the pop up Halloween banner and a rainbow Meowna in the Link Banner. Think I've resigned myself to just save for new years though, as these banners guarantees are terrible.

http://imgur.com/a/d03NV

My current party composition and then my 4-5* chars. Would've BG bucketed, but it seems to be malfunctioning atm.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm working on Dhaos as we speak. Good god, Mint was a bigger jerk than Agria in some ways.

Your lineup actually isn't bad Arus, depending on what MAs you have to finish. You could definitely do Cerberuses with that lineup and the right friend partner.

The only suggestion I have..hm. If you can spare a few more, I'd put Parka Asbel as lead and throw in a few more shot or thrust units if you have 'em. But understandable if not. I ran a 2.0 lead forever (Edna) so I had the same struggle as you for a bit. Alternatively, you probably have Global Sorey, so you could work with him and another strong friend leader. You have two arte healers that I can see. (Unless I'm mistaking the Kanono there..). I think I posted my friend info earlier and I'm running a Barbatos with 1 arte healer and another turn delayer, if that helps things. I have no issues swapping back to Parka Asbel for a bit if that'll help.

Sorey's only broken once or twice since I just started the game at the tail end of his giveaway. Otherwise, my thrust and MA selection probably isn't the most cooperative. Spells have been my best luck, with Slash slowly building up of late. Out of Malik keys, though, which has slowed my unlocking of Millia's traits there. As for MAs, I have hers from this recent SA, Edna' up to SR, then... uh, I think the Luke one they gave away with assists and someone else I'm forgetting, but might not have a good applicable character for.

Blew a lot of stamina on HoH Slash weapon farming today. Wins aren't 100%, since sometimes I chug around the centaur if tile RNG blows, but my sword collection got a bit better.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Sorey's only broken once or twice since I just started the game at the tail end of his giveaway. Otherwise, my thrust and MA selection probably isn't the most cooperative. Spells have been my best luck, with Slash slowly building up of late. Out of Malik keys, though, which has slowed my unlocking of Millia's traits there. As for MAs, I have hers from this recent SA, Edna' up to SR, then... uh, I think the Luke one they gave away with assists and someone else I'm forgetting, but might not have a good applicable character for.

Blew a lot of stamina on HoH Slash weapon farming today. Wins aren't 100%, since sometimes I chug around the centaur if tile RNG blows, but my sword collection got a bit better.
    If you don't mind spending a few hawks just for the stats on the Sorey, it may be worth it.

Otherwise, I would actually try to build the team around your Reala in the tried and true Splash team. It really is an understatement how small a 1.5 HP boost sounds like compared to how tremendously it helps you clear harder content. Also, Weapon + Armor on any arte healers, 2x weapon on your finisher, and 2x armor on everyone else can be an easy 6-7k HP after taking into account leader skills.

Pulled a light Yggdrasil with the Ares summons today. So happy! Also got a fire Dhaos to go with my wind one.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Fire Ygg. Don't remember what element Dhaos was. Gotta grind LP to level them.

One of these days I might beat an Ares Realm. :/

Presently stuck on 27 with Kratos. I have earth Nobleman Lloyd as my finisher with his MA from the recent arena, which I've been pairing with the Asuma-Milia buff to double its damage. If tiles cooperate, I can use Fractured Milia's tile change to get all triangles, otherwise I have to rely on Sync. Don't have any skills to boost Slash specifically and if I use an Edna friend, I simply don't have the HP to last more than 2 hits. Even then, building 70 LC can prove challenging since my artes healers never seem to want to trigger when I need them, even if they are 25% and I try reloading the game mid-attack.

If the fight had prep mobs, I'd probably be okay, but it's just tiring getting my face pounded in and missing out on units like Barbatos. Can't even do the hardest difficulty of the Asuna fights for similar reasons, which puts me in ingot farming hell to upgrade SR versions of armor to at least get the wind resist. Hoping to complete at least 2 more before that ends, but they've been stingy today.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I can't kill Asuna reliably either. Her tile attack doesnt have a trigger (like 4+ of the same tile on the board) and her regular attack is pretty strong too.

On top of that, she won't drop the gear for me hardly ever. Its being reported as 50% on Extreme but im clocking 20% easy. I'll be lucky to finish 2 of each item by the time the event is over.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Did Asuna nonstop at HoH, not seen 1 ingot and have 30+ of useless gear of each type and only 2 copies of Asuna.