
Originally Posted by
Marootsoobutsu
Straight up: This election cycle has reminded me of all the things I've hated about Hillary for the last 20~ years, and I find her a repugnant personality. I find her politics abhorrent.
With that said, I'm voting for her without a second's hesitation, because in every metric by which I find Hillary lacking, Donald is not only worse, but proudly, gleefully worse. Hillary's policies and mine clash on a fundamental level so extreme that there's likely no real reconciliation between the two, but I've little doubt she comes by them as honestly as she is able. But while I believe that her policies are destroying the very people she wants to lift up, Donald isn't trying to lift anyone up-- he's fleecing the poor for as much as he can, and he's *PROUD* of it. He *BRAGS* about it.
Hillary is, perhaps, mildly in bed with Wall Street-- she has more endorsements from major Fortune 500 companies than Donald has-- but really, that's not proof of anything. If nothing else, even the most strident Hillary-hater has to concede that playing the game of, "I can't give you this, because I promised it to him, but I'll give you that even though he really wants me not to" while all-the-while doing exactly what she wants is the easiest thing in the world. She has so many supporters of so many different viewpoints and perspectives and political leanings (including Buffet and Gates), that access doesn't give you pull; at best, it gives you the opportunity to present information she hasn't had yet, but as long as she's been in the game, and as solidly left-ward as her politics have been for 35 years, you're willfully delusional if you think she pushes policy anywhere except where *SHE* thinks is best.
Donald, we know, doesn't care about what's best, except what's best for The Donald. He'll buy the bank that holds the mortgage on your home, and then foreclose the second you're late if it would give him a mild chuckle, and then he'll run the business you work for into the ground, pay the fines for illegal practices from his "charity", fleece other charities to foot *that* bill, and then use what's left to bribe the DA not to prosecute. *AND THESE ARE THINGS THAT ARE KNOWN*. This isn't guesswork-- *THIS IS WHAT HE DOES*.
There is literally, in no objective view of reality, any possible situation in which Donald Trump is not *even more* of an insider than Hillary. There is literally, in no objective view of reality, any possible situation in which Donald Trump is not *even more* beholden to the greed of Wall Street than Hillary. There is no possible viewpoint which holds him as less corrupt, as less violent, as less self-serving, as less dishonest, as less power-hungry, as less hateful, as less destructive, or as more qualified than Hillary. Literally the only possible case that anyone could make is the Supreme Court, and as someone who would like a moderate, olde-timey-Constitutionalist court (rather than Warren-Court styled-activists), even that's no where near enough to even give me pause in unquestioningly supporting Hillary over Trump. And I am still proud of my two Bush votes, of my McCain vote, and of my Romney vote.
I honestly cannot fathom how anyone to the left of me-- or most people to the right of me-- is not enthusiastically behind Hillary. The *ONLY* possible metric in which Trump is preferable is the one area where almost everyone to the left of me sees that as arguably the biggest reason *TO* support her.
My mind is utterly blown that Gred should still have to be trying to coddle your delicate sensibilities.