Page 347 of 667 FirstFirst ... 297 337 345 346 347 348 349 357 397 ... LastLast
Results 6921 to 6940 of 13329
  1. #6921
    Day
    Day is offline
    IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    21,547
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Aerin View Post
    Quoted 3x in case you missed it.
    I guess I dont know what you are trying to say. Might I remind you that you started this discussion about doctored emails specifically on wikileaks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aerin View Post
    I'm glad to see some discussion about the possible doctoring of emails from WikiLeaks. Nothing definitive in the article but still a little interesting.

  2. #6922
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,901
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    I'm saying I think you have a confirmation bias when it comes to these emails, because you're so willing to believe everything that's in them. I'll admit as I've said before, I think that most of them are legitimate but I take it all with a grain of salt. Because I have to admit, I have no way of knowing where these came from or what the bias is of the party that obtained them.

    Niiro was the one that pointed out the "pay to play" folder, which if you bothered to read the whole article, or even the quote I posted after about it, explicitly says that it was from a hacker who released documents.

  3. #6923
    Day
    Day is offline
    IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    21,547
    BG Level
    10

    I read the article. I read the article yesterday when it came out. I posted an article on how the emails are verifiable on wikileaks, Niro quotes me followed by some shit not on wikileaks and a gif.

    I think you are falling for the narrative, but we can agree to disagree.

  4. #6924
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,901
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    I read the article. I read the article yesterday when it came out. I posted an article on how the emails are verifiable on wikileaks, Niro quotes me followed by some shit not on wikileaks and a gif.

    I think you are falling for the narrative, but we can agree to disagree.
    His quote is to show you an example, from the article, showing that you should always be wary of information obtained through hacks via a 3rd party you don't know. Next time maybe we'll draw you a map that gets you from A to B because clearly you have to be lead by the nose.

  5. #6925
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,629
    BG Level
    10

    Which site is gospel and which site we take with a grain of salt?

  6. #6926
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,293
    BG Level
    9

    I was just remarking on the ridiculousness of the "Pay to Play" folder thing because it was funny, wasn't trying to make any other insinuation.

    I agree with the article and Aerin in that the vast, vast majority of this stuff is probably completely legitimate.

  7. #6927
    Day
    Day is offline
    IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    21,547
    BG Level
    10

    I don't know why you are so up my ass about this. I'm not defending all random hacks and leaks on the internet by defending one source, and nor should you discredit all sources because some jack ass forged something. I am saying the leaks on the website wikileaks.org are most likely not doctored based on past track record and the fact not one single person has come forward with an example out of the 20,000+ already released. If someone can provide evidence otherwise I will stand corrected, linking me some other hackers stuff not on wikileaks is not a good example. It's also why that article is stupid by the way.

  8. #6928
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,901
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Be wary of != Discredit. Also, as others have pointed out, WikiLeaks isn't what it used to be. Does a hackers content need to be on WikiLeaks for it to be a good example?

  9. #6929
    Day
    Day is offline
    IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    21,547
    BG Level
    10

    For it to be a good example of a forged leak on wikileaks? well that would only make sense yes.

  10. #6930
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,901
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Not a good example of a forged leak on WikiLeaks, a good example of why you should be wary of any information obtained by a 3rd party that you have no way of verifying. You really don't see the difference?

    Let me put it this way. Let's say there was an email on WikiLeaks, that explicitly said there was pay to play going on. There's a difference between:

    • This is outrageous. This deserves an explanation. This needs to be answered.


    and

    • CHECKMATE, GUILTY

  11. #6931
    2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,467
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck




  12. #6932
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,901
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffes View Post


    The original WikiLeaks.

  13. #6933
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,081
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Yeah ill wait until nate phosphorous and politifact filter all these petty emails for me

  14. #6934
    Day
    Day is offline
    IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    21,547
    BG Level
    10

    There's a difference between:

    • This is outrageous. This deserves an explanation. This needs to be answered.


    and

    • CHECKMATE, GUILTY


    When have I done either of those things?

    I may have linked some things of interest, but you don't see me going "BOMBSHELL REKT GG", You're complaining about shit that has never happened.

    Wikileaks is the best source I have for verified leaks. I don't have access to leaks all over the place or the means to vet and/or verify. I was very critical of O'Keefe for good reason, I'm not as trusting of other sources by any means.

    You want me to say there is a possibility something on wiki leaks may be doctored? Sure. I have no evidence of that and all past history says otherwise so I wouldn't put a lot of my money on it. Seems like an easy thing to prove with the original emails. I'll continue to believe they are legit until I see evidence to the contrary. Until then I'm all good on a semantics debate over the possibility of them maybe being doctored. You do you babe.

  15. #6935
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    7,328
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Aerin View Post
    Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if it was all genuine. Wouldn't surprise me either if some were doctored to a point. But being so willing to believe in anything that looks bad and so unwilling to believe in things that disprove an already perceived narrative is straight up confirmation bias.
    The problem with WikiLeaks isn't that it wasn't real, it's that it wasn't that important. Nothing stated by clinton, nothing horribly salacious. Just sausage being made, and for some (even some republicans) see it as tainted by Russia. In a post-snowden world, it's just meh, and might actually just confirm the norm of politics for the non-conspiracy middle.

  16. #6936
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,901
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    You want me to say there is a possibility something on wiki leaks may be doctored? Sure. I have no evidence of that and all past history says otherwise so I wouldn't put a lot of my money on it.
    Yeah, I'm happy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    Seems like an easy thing to prove with the original emails. I'll continue to believe they are legit until I see evidence to the contrary. Until then I'm all good on a semantics debate over the possibility of them maybe being doctored. You do you babe.
    It would be, but if they release an original email to disprove what's on WikiLeaks (or anything else) then they'll have to do that for everything. And then after, if they ever don't release an original, then it makes them look guilty. Not to mention the precedent it would set for the future.

  17. #6937
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,726
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Has anything on wikileaks ever been proven to be wrong/doctored? Even if it was just one single thing, it would be a blow to their credibility.

  18. #6938
    Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    9,049
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    Yeah ill wait until nate phosphorous and politifact filter all these petty emails for me
    Odd.. I had thought I lost the ability to feel this triggered.

  19. #6939
    Day
    Day is offline
    IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    21,547
    BG Level
    10

  20. #6940
    Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    9,049
    BG Level
    8

Page 347 of 667 FirstFirst ... 297 337 345 346 347 348 349 357 397 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Do We Have A 'Silly Shit Politicians Say' Thread? If Not, Here We Are
    By Callisto in forum Politics: Advanced Shitposting
    Replies: 2380
    Last Post: 2026-03-31, 10:47
  2. 2016 USA Presidential election thread I: The warm-up
    By quannum in forum Politics: Advanced Shitposting
    Replies: 15067
    Last Post: 2016-08-03, 01:11
  3. Internet Regulations/ ITU meetings - Here we go again
    By Tyrath in forum Politics: Advanced Shitposting
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 2012-12-14, 16:32