Even if people think KS is turning Red yet again this year, there's huge talk that they might lose the Senate/House and that if Trump wins, it won't be by much.
Even if people think KS is turning Red yet again this year, there's huge talk that they might lose the Senate/House and that if Trump wins, it won't be by much.
"94,609,000 not in labor force" is trending on twitter as the idiots respond to the positive jobs report.
Of course, they ignore the fact that 44 million of that number is retirees and most of the rest is CHILDREN.
"not in labor force" only counts 16 and older. So unless you think "children" 16-17 year old make up a good 1/6 of our population ( considering the most recent census I could find puts total under 18 as only around 24%) I'm somewhat dubious about the second half of your statement. Now if they were to include the entire population including all children not in the labor force (which is pointless but for the sake of seeing what it would be) the number would be ~ 159 million.
Good recap of the report
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/11/05...ww.google.com/
I'm trying to get a bead on that number and it seems like it DOES include retirees, so they wouldn't be in the work force anyway (which makes sense to include in the report for economic reasons), but it still seems high.
The 94,609,000 comes straight from BLS website
If you click around the BLS defines not "Not in labor force" As
Totally forgot (though obvious now that I think about it) that they don't include unemployedOriginally Posted by BLS
I voted early on Tuesday, I got there at 735am, doors opened at 8am, I wad 3rd in line and first out.
ITT, people who don't understand the difference between "not working" and "unemployed". They sound so similar, yet there are so many differences that aren't semantic.
I'd put at least a $50 down that I and GF could get into Canada. Show me a FWC that doesn't want applied mathematicians or astrophysicist and I'll show you a stalled society.
I could get into Ireland. Hm...
yes yes yes. No no. Yes
Unemployed defined as
are considered part of the labor force since the expectation is it's just a temporary thing (in theory) and they are in process of being employed again. Should note that employed counts basically anyone who did any work for pay (in theory could be an hour) or at least 15 hours unpaid for a business in the week referenced or have a steady job but were unable to work so doesn't really give a full picture on employment.Originally Posted by BLS
To add on to your exceptions I believe it also counts institutionalized population though that and military are factored out of the employed to population ratios.
Statistics are great tools and BLS is an amazing resource with a lot of stats tables etc. But if you don't take the time to read what they actually mean you are going to look like a complete idiot... well at least to those that did read lol. Others you might be able to convince of whatever
i guess if trump wins my phd applications could see some international action
The Eichenwald piece is out now.
http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump...-europe-516895
It's interesting and paints a damning picture of how Western allies view Trump, but there are no salacious bombshells that will get attention (though it alludes to one that may be coming). Time's running out though.
I read that Eichenwald piece earlier, it's pretty damning even without some major bombshell. Basically every intelligence agency is saying "Russia is interfering with this election," Trump says none of them know what they're talking about, and Russia has even backed off at times because Trump's so erratic it's made them say "maybe it's not worth it."
Pretty crazy that even Medvedev thinks the operation got out of control.
It's stunning how specific some of the information is -- it's like reading a spy novel considering how much is revealed about Putin and various actors involved here.
I just hope we get the payoff (in the tape) so we can get some closure on this.
the nation's leading conservative columnist Charles Krauthammer wrote a piece that for the first time flat-out stated Trump is a worse option than Hillary. probably won't change any minds but he crystallizes the realpolitik objection to Donaldo as well as anyone ever has.
http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/c...icle-1.2857335At a time of such tectonic instability, even the most experienced head of state requires wisdom and delicacy to maintain equilibrium. Trump has neither. His joining of supreme ignorance to supreme arrogance, combined with a pathological sensitivity to any perceived slight, is a standing invitation to calamitous miscalculation.
Two generations of Americans have grown up feeling that international stability is as natural as the air we breathe. It’s not. It depends on continual, calibrated tending. It depends on the delicate balancing of alliances and the careful signaling of enemies.
It depends on avoiding self-inflicted trade wars and on recognizing the value of allies like Germany, Japan and South Korea as cornerstones of our own security rather than satrapies who are here to dispatch tribute to their imperial master in Washington.
It took seven decades to build this open, free international order. It could be brought down in a single presidential term. That would be a high price to pay for the catharsis of kicking over a table.