Page 578 of 667 FirstFirst ... 528 568 576 577 578 579 580 588 628 ... LastLast
Results 11541 to 11560 of 13329
  1. #11541
    Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    9,049
    BG Level
    8

    Man, this chick is hype as fuck. I want whatever she got in that starbux cup.

    https://twitter.com/calmsnbc/status/796909844225736704

  2. #11542
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,293
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Quicklet View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, Republicans are not going to be passing reponsible legislation that benefits the majority of Americans anyway, so it's a moot point.

    I will say this -- I do think there is a line to be drawn in terms of basic governance. I don't believe that the debt ceiling should be held hostage for political purposes. I don't think that the government should be shut down because you can't enact your legislative agenda. But I don't think Republicans should be given political victories as a reward for destroying the way government works. If they want to pass policies that actually benefit the working class and poor of all parts of the country, great. I don't believe they're going to do that.
    I have my doubts as well, but I chose my words carefully. Obstructing legislation for political gain should not be tolerated, blocking what is believed to be truly harmful legislation is very different.

  3. #11543
    Renegade Philosopher
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,439
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by thetruepandagod View Post
    Man, this chick is hype as fuck. I want whatever she got in that starbux cup.

    https://twitter.com/calmsnbc/status/796909844225736704
    First thing I thought of when I saw this:

    http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-li...ristmas/n30774

  4. #11544

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,646
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    I think it's amazing how people are trying to leave the country over something as stupid as an unfavorable President so quickly. I've been planning my move for about 8 months to be with my lady. These people trying to do it in days. Must be nice, I guess.

  5. #11545
    I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    17,539
    BG Level
    9

    There are 2 anti-trump protests in my city this weekend.

    Kinda wanna go just to see a fight break out and/or some ignorant ass violence/police brutality

  6. #11546
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,775
    BG Level
    6

    You should show up with a bucket of popcorn.

  7. #11547
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,901
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by Quicklet View Post
    I think the name of the bill would be the "End The Offshoring Act" (EOTA/EOA?). It would be a new bill he wants to pass through Congress.
    You are correct, I suppose if it was the end it it'd say "Repeal" instead of "End" thanks.

    A few more in here:

    Repeal and Replace Obamacare Act. Fully repeals Obamacare and replaces it with Health Savings Accounts, the ability to purchase health insurance across state lines, and let states manage Medicaid funds. Reforms will also include cutting the red tape at the FDA: there are over 4,000 drugs awaiting approval, and we especially want to speed the approval of life-saving medications.
    The GOP Congress has already demonstrated its willingness to repeal the insurance tax subsidies and Medicaid expansion portions of the Affordable Care Act, along with the requirement that all Americans have health insurance, using a fast-track legislative maneuver known as “reconciliation” that prevents a Democratic filibuster. President Obama vetoed that measure, but President-elect Trump would presumably sign it. The Congressional Budget Office predicts that could strip health insurance coverage from more than 20 million people -- although the change would most likely be phased in over a couple of years. Trump’s replacement plan is less clear. Health savings accounts would allow more people to buy insurance with pre-tax dollars, and selling insurance across state lines might increase competition and reduce prices. But coverage will very likely remain out of reach for many. The requirement that insurance companies provide coverage to people with pre-existing conditions cannot be repealed through reconciliation. But preserving that requirement without the individual mandate to purchase insurance could create a costly situation in which people wait until they’re sick to buy coverage.
    I didn't realize that Republicans were willing to remove that leg of the stool. That would really make insurance premiums skyrocket.

    End Illegal Immigration Act Fully - funds the construction of a wall on our southern border with the full understanding that the country Mexico will be reimbursing the United States for the full cost of such wall; establishes a 2-year mandatory minimum federal prison sentence for illegally re-entering the U.S. after a previous deportation, and a 5-year mandatory minimum for illegally re-entering for those with felony convictions, multiple misdemeanor convictions or two or more prior deportations; also reforms visa rules to enhance penalties for overstaying and to ensure open jobs are offered to American workers first.
    I remember reading somewhere that this is actually a huge cost not even counting the wall. The cost to house people in prisons over 2-5 years is pretty huge, anyone else remember that or know how much?

    EDIT: Looks like it costs ~$31,000 per year for each person jailed. Costs vary by state but that's the average. Gonna do some math based on this 2014 Ice Immigration Removals Report

    There were 17,772 Level 1 offenders, 19,733 Level 2 offenders. Level 3 offenders have only been convicted of misdemeanors so they don't apply for the manditory minimums. That's 37,505 people that would be given a 5 year mandatory minimum sentence in that year. Plus those captured from the Office of Field Operations which bumps up the numbers by 1,490 and 866 respectively, which brings the total to 39,861.

    Assuming no overlap, the number of people caught for a repeat immigration violation 54,115 (Office of Border Patrol) plus 995 (Office of Field Operations) is 55,110 for a mandatory of 2 years.

    So, ballparking this (because there's always tons of details) that's $1.7 Billion for the people caught just that year serving 2 years ($3.4 Billion over the lifetime of the sentences), and $1.235 Billion for the people serving 5 years ($6.18 Billion over the lifetime of the sentences).

    THIRD, cancel all federal funding to Sanctuary Cities
    I live in one of the sanctuary cities (Seattle), Mayor Ed Murray said Seattle will remain a 'sanctuary city,' despite Trump. I'm glad he took that position.

  8. #11548
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,133
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Titan

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/...ury-secretary/

    Trump considers JPMorgan boss Jamie Dimon for Treasury Secretary

  9. #11549
    Corwens a slot
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,115
    BG Level
    7

    Glad Trumps ridding the government of corruption. Maybe he should add the wells fargo guy instead.

  10. #11550
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,133
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Titan

    Register to see the NSFW content

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/davidh..._12899016.html

    Electoral College Can Stop Unfit Trump — With Another Republican

    Tuesday’s election has produced a mixed result. Donald Trump won the voting in enough states to put him over the minimum 270 electoral vote threshold; with Michigan, Arizona, and New Hampshire still undecided, Trump is at 279 to 228 for Clinton. Hillary Clinton appears to have won the popular vote; at this hour she’s up about 230,000 votes over Trump.

    Clinton has conceded, and the Trump transition is moving ahead.

    But the election isn’t over, under our Constitution, until the designated electors of the Electoral College meet on December 19 at their state capitals to cast their votes and then, on January 6, Congress meets to affirm that result.

    It would be an extraordinary measure for the electoral college to select anyone other than Donald Trump to be our next president.

    This is an extraordinary situation.

    Donald Trump is unfit to be president. Our current president has said Trump is unfit, as have many Republicans. Trump has a remarkable record of bigotry, misogyny and sexual abuse, dishonesty, predatory business practices, misuse of charitable entities, and apparent pronounced narcissism. He has advocated for torture, bombing civilians, and other reckless acts that no conscientious military officer could carry out. Polls during the campaign showed that the vast majority of the public believe Trump is unfit and lacks the appropriate temperament to be president.

  11. #11551
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    12,467
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

  12. #11552
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,901
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Pretty sure you'd have riots if that happened.

  13. #11553
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,133
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Titan

    Love Sanders no bullshit policy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aerin View Post
    Pretty sure you'd have riots if that happened.
    I agree, but that is what the Electoral College was made for. Situations like these.

  14. #11554
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    12,467
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoner View Post
    I'm not saying all the protestors are fake but it's basically the same birddogging strategy they used on trump rallies.


    Also Hillary is projected to lose the popular vote as well.

    https://bucket.bluegartr.com/0625557...b70bffcc7b.png


    Something seems different and I can't put my finger on it.

  15. #11555
    Renegade Philosopher
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,439
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Aerin View Post
    Pretty sure you'd have riots if that happened.
    Pretty sure we're going to have riots anyway.

  16. #11556
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,821
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Quote Originally Posted by Aerin View Post
    Pretty sure you'd have riots if that happened.
    We've already got riots that Trump is President-Elect.

  17. #11557
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,901
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by Minions View Post
    Glad Trumps ridding the government of corruption. Maybe he should add the wells fargo guy instead.


    And eh, what's going on now is mostly protests. When I say riots I mean a lot more people fighting, breaking into stores. Like what happened in Ferguson, MO.

  18. #11558
    Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    9,049
    BG Level
    8

    Keep getting snaps from people protesting who voted for stein or are foreign students.

    Certainly gives them something to do instead of homework I suppose.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aerin View Post


    And eh, what's going on now is mostly protests. When I say riots I mean a lot more people fighting, breaking into stores. Like what happened in Ferguson, MO.
    Whites only turn violent over hockey. Question is are the blacks more likely to turn out for riots than they did for the vote heh?

  19. #11559
    Renegade Philosopher
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,439
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by thetruepandagod View Post
    Whites only turn violent over hockey and pumpkin festivals.
    Fixed.

  20. #11560
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    12,467
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Don't forget cubs games.

Page 578 of 667 FirstFirst ... 528 568 576 577 578 579 580 588 628 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Do We Have A 'Silly Shit Politicians Say' Thread? If Not, Here We Are
    By Callisto in forum Politics: Advanced Shitposting
    Replies: 2380
    Last Post: 2026-03-31, 10:47
  2. 2016 USA Presidential election thread I: The warm-up
    By quannum in forum Politics: Advanced Shitposting
    Replies: 15067
    Last Post: 2016-08-03, 01:11
  3. Internet Regulations/ ITU meetings - Here we go again
    By Tyrath in forum Politics: Advanced Shitposting
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 2012-12-14, 16:32