Page 586 of 667 FirstFirst ... 536 576 584 585 586 587 588 596 636 ... LastLast
Results 11701 to 11720 of 13329
  1. #11701
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,855
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    Agreed. But you don't see people our age crying on FB about how Democracy has failed.
    Thats because they probably accidentally typed their complaints into google.

  2. #11702
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,717
    BG Level
    7

    "Fucking millennials!" Said by one millennial to another.

  3. #11703
    Renegade Philosopher
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,439
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    I have intentionally stayed out of any sort of political discussion whether it be here, FB, whatever. I find the conduct of the younger folks absolutely deplorable. The reaction is exactly like I thought it would be. A generation of entitled spoiled little brats crying because they didn't get their way. I loathe Donald Trump. I also loathe Hillary Clinton. It's an absolute farce that these two were the best we could come up with. But what's done is done. Trump will be president.

    In a twisted way this is kind of a good thing in my eyes. It exposes this fucking trainwreck of a future generation to their first real disappointment. And that's great. Because these fucking babies need a slap in the face as a reality check. And now they're going to get one for the next four years. Don't like it? Do better, be better, and don't let this nation go down this path again.

    And yes, I voted.
    I really disagree with you. Those young people are the ones who will have to fix the problems that their elders are leaving them. You can't put it all on them that this nation elected a racist demagogue.

  4. #11704
    Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    19,830
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    I can't speak for everyone only myself. I am not sad/mad or anything else that Hillary lost. I am feeling scared and mad because A) a bully won the election B) instead of acting presidential and assuring people that he is a president for the people he chooses a running mate like Pence and then potentially is surrounding himself with people like Palin.
    I'm not happy Trump won either. But I am also not of the belief that he will be some tyrannical monster that some people are making him out to be. I believe he will repeal certain things like the ACA. But he won't outright abolish it. I believe that he will at least re-visit Roe vs Wade, but I do not believe any traction will be made there with exception to late term abortions. The whole chicken little the sky is falling reaction we're seeing now is nothing more than a knee jerk reaction imo.

  5. #11705
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    37,884
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Nothing. It's just an indicator that the EC isn't always the will of the people. It's only gone against it 5 times in history but 2 of those have happened in the last 5 elections.
    And thats my point to Salodin, he's insulting me because "I dont know what I'm talking about", meanwhile he's here arguing over the popular vote like it means something. Should it mean something? Yes. Does it mean something? No. But he's insulting me like it does mean something.


    From what I read, the EC could still vote in Clinton, even though they generally dont deviate from their voted selection.

  6. #11706
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,855
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    From what I read, the EC could still vote in Clinton, even though they generally dont deviate from their voted selection.
    This is just fantasy from people who are still in the bargaining stage of grief.

  7. #11707
    Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    19,830
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Quicklet View Post
    I really disagree with you. Those young people are the ones who will have to fix the problems that their elders are leaving them. You can't put it all on them that this nation elected a racist demagogue.
    I'm not putting anything on them at all and never said otherwise. I'm simply pointing out that their actions after the results have been pathetic. The younger generation is the participation trophy, you did your best the results don't matter, generation. At this moment in time the majority are simply ill equipped to deal with disappointment. This is the slap in the face needed to wake them up.

  8. #11708
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    37,884
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    I'm not putting anything on them at all and never said otherwise. I'm simply pointing out that their actions after the results have been pathetic. The younger generation is the participation trophy, you did your best the results don't matter, generation. At this moment in time the majority are simply ill equipped to deal with disappointment. This is the slap in the face needed to wake them up.
    I have to ask, how does it feel to be on the same page as me?

  9. #11709
    Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    19,830
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Should it mean something? Yes.
    No it should not. The United States is a representative government. Each state has a voice as dictated by it's residents. If it wasn't for the Electoral College every presidential election would be decided by who Chicago, New York, and California vote for.

  10. #11710
    Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    19,830
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    I have to ask, how does it feel to be on the same page as me?
    Fucking horrible and I feel a little nauseous.

  11. #11711
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    18,369
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    Agreed. But you don't see people our age crying on FB about how Democracy has failed.
    ...don't you?

  12. #11712
    Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    19,830
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    ...don't you?
    God I hate that I love you sometimes.

  13. #11713
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,717
    BG Level
    7

    grandpa-simpson-yells-at-cloud.jpg

    Every generation complains about how the next one is the weakest, most entitled one ever. Way to fall into the same trap.

  14. #11714
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    37,884
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    No it should not. The United States is a representative government. Each state has a voice as dictated by it's residents. If it wasn't for the Electoral College every presidential election would be decided by who Chicago, New York, and California vote for.
    I meant more than every vote should mean something in the grand scheme of things. With the EC, a good chunk of votes become useless, and its no different in Canada (though we dont call it the EC).

    Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    Fucking horrible and I feel a little nauseous.
    <3 u too bb

  15. #11715
    United States of Smash!
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    8,818
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    I'm not happy Trump won either. But I am also not of the belief that he will be some tyrannical monster that some people are making him out to be. I believe he will repeal certain things like the ACA. But he won't outright abolish it. I believe that he will at least re-visit Roe vs Wade, but I do not believe any traction will be made there with exception to late term abortions. The whole chicken little the sky is falling reaction we're seeing now is nothing more than a knee jerk reaction imo.
    Like I said it isn't just Trump it is who he is surrounding himself with. If he was smart he would be making statements to calm people down and seeking out more moderate Republicans for his cabinet positions to quell peoples fears.

    It is not going to be hard for the federal government to make life very uncomfortable for homosexuals, trans people, and women in this country without overturning Roe v. Wade or the marriage equality decision.

    They can make abortion basically so hard to get (even more so than now) that it is nearly impossible for the majority of the country. They can take measures that make it very difficult for women to get good reproductive health care and contraception.

    These are not outside the realm of possibility.

  16. #11716
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,128
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    And thats my point to Salodin, he's insulting me because "I dont know what I'm talking about", meanwhile he's here arguing over the popular vote like it means something. Should it mean something? Yes. Does it mean something? No. But he's insulting me like it does mean something.


    From what I read, the EC could still vote in Clinton, even though they generally dont deviate from their voted selection.
    Uh not exactly. I said what I said because you complain that people knew what type of system they were participating in and yet they still complain. That's not the point, the point is they're angry, scared, and upset that a guy who said he plans on doing hurtful things to them or people they care about got elected. Now they're doing the thing that lets America know why they're upset. Is it pointless? You say so, but I disagree.

    Canada.

    The point.

    You.

  17. #11717
    United States of Smash!
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    8,818
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    No it should not. The United States is a representative government. Each state has a voice as dictated by it's residents. If it wasn't for the Electoral College every presidential election would be decided by who Chicago, New York, and California vote for.
    Why do people keep saying this? No it would not. It would be up to individuals. People vote not cities. Instead of that what we have now is large open empty areas in this country holding much more sway than other areas. Literally the EC is saying some peoples vote counts more than others.

    I am not saying it should be straight popular vote but the EC is out dated and doesn't function for this country today.

  18. #11718
    Renegade Philosopher
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,439
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    I'm not happy Trump won either. But I am also not of the belief that he will be some tyrannical monster that some people are making him out to be. I believe he will repeal certain things like the ACA. But he won't outright abolish it. I believe that he will at least re-visit Roe vs Wade, but I do not believe any traction will be made there with exception to late term abortions. The whole chicken little the sky is falling reaction we're seeing now is nothing more than a knee jerk reaction imo.
    There is no reason to believe what you are saying though given the signals coming out from Trump and the Republicans the past few days. I hope that when these things come to pass and real people get hurt, that you won't dismiss them then like you are now.

    We all want to believe that these things won't happen because there is some magical power in this country that will ensure they don't -- but it's not true. Bad things can and do happen in history, and normalizing or denying them is complicity to those who are the subjects of cruelty and oppression. You will probably laugh at this assessment, but please realize that he is who you were told he is.

  19. #11719
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,908
    BG Level
    10

    Remember when Gore won the popular vote but lost the election and then Bush led us into an absolutely disasterous invasion of Iraq, but fortunately the enraged people who were woken up by his election struck back by giving him both the popular vote and a second term 4 years later?

    There are no guarantees that people will be "woken up" no matter how fucking terrible Trump's first term is.

  20. #11720
    Day
    Day is offline
    IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    21,547
    BG Level
    10

    How do they hold more sway when they got piddly little EC votes and California has 55 smh fam

Page 586 of 667 FirstFirst ... 536 576 584 585 586 587 588 596 636 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Do We Have A 'Silly Shit Politicians Say' Thread? If Not, Here We Are
    By Callisto in forum Politics: Advanced Shitposting
    Replies: 2380
    Last Post: 2026-03-31, 10:47
  2. 2016 USA Presidential election thread I: The warm-up
    By quannum in forum Politics: Advanced Shitposting
    Replies: 15067
    Last Post: 2016-08-03, 01:11
  3. Internet Regulations/ ITU meetings - Here we go again
    By Tyrath in forum Politics: Advanced Shitposting
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 2012-12-14, 16:32