1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 22 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 19 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 14 hours, 22 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 156
  1. #81
    Impossiblu
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,753
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    just want to say: no neck tattoo doesn't necessarily mean it isn't Yda. the trailer is specifically made to be spoilerfree, so it is an unfinished version. not unlikely that the tattoo is not present as a result of that. we already know there will be a longer trailer later.

  2. #82
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    224
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Burningthought View Post
    Wow there was only 1-2 questions worth asking out of this entire segment. What the fuck is wrong with people?
    Also who had the idea to give mic to joe

  3. #83
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    769
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    The question about accuracy was good, confirmed stat changes for 4.0 especially the way Accuracy functions, gives me hope for a larger scale battle system change then previously implied.

  4. #84
    a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    15,577
    BG Level
    9

    Whoever wants zone-wide level syncing is an absolute detriment to the game.

  5. #85
    New Odin
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    8,614
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    just want to say: no neck tattoo doesn't necessarily mean it isn't Yda. the trailer is specifically made to be spoilerfree, so it is an unfinished version. not unlikely that the tattoo is not present as a result of that. we already know there will be a longer trailer later.
    Not to mention Heavensward shipped with Derplander fighting against Hraesvelgr on the box art.

  6. #86
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,236
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

    Quote Originally Posted by Drai View Post
    The question about accuracy was good, confirmed stat changes for 4.0 especially the way Accuracy functions, gives me hope for a larger scale battle system change then previously implied.
    What was the question/answer about acc? Don't have the stream, but keep seeing people talk about it.

  7. #87
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    769
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    What was the question/answer about acc? Don't have the stream, but keep seeing people talk about it.
    The question was in regards to accuracy for healers, and flat out not being able to hit anything with their damaging spells, and Yoshi replied with the answer basically stating that along with a lot of other changes the way accuracy works in general is being changed at 4.0 release

  8. #88
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    203
    BG Level
    4

    Saw the teaser video and ran straight here hoping that it was a prelude to the reworking of the XIV combat system. It would be the only reason I would consider re-subbing.
    The 2.0 relaunch introduced the world's most tedious combat known to humankind.

    Even the doomed original 1.0 release had a far more interesting and engaging combat system.
    Sadly I take it it's more of the same? More content for the same button bashing?

    SE's cinematic videos are super pretty though.

  9. #89
    Lostbane
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,036
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    We don't know enough right now about the changes to really comment.

  10. #90
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,473
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Holy shit my wife got 2nd place in the cosplay contest

  11. #91
    Hyperion Cross
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,196
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Congrats to her, I thought she looked familiar from the other "who's going" thread.

    Also, they're playing piano versions of HW themes... probably what's on that new CD coming out.

  12. #92

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,969
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Holy shit my wife got 2nd place in the cosplay contest
    her costume was great!

  13. #93
    The Fucking Voice of Actually

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,027
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    6

    re: Yda

    It was my impression that all of the Archons were Sharlayans, and the neck tattoo was an Circle of Knowing/Sharlayan thing.
    But Yda isn't a Sharlayan, but rather an Ala Mhigan, one clearly in hiding. My guess is her tattoo isn't "real", they were helping her cover.
    As for removal, the damn things are bright purple I always figured they were magic marks not ink, so it'd be literally "a wizard did it" to get rid of the thing.

    Also, while it's not confirmed, it's pmuch a lock that Red Mage is back. Light the Rocl signal?

  14. #94
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,691
    BG Level
    8

    New jobs is whatever, since they haven't even done the existing ones right, but the assertion that the entire battle/skill system will be revamped is a big exclamation point for me. If they somehow make the battle system significantly better than it is right now I'll probably start playing again (even if itemization still blows). The claim that they're dropping PS3 support is one I'd love to believe - I hope it comes true - because it's holding back the game, as everyone knows. But it's so easy for these guys to rescind what they say they're going to do if the numbers don't add up or whatever makes them backpedal on major shit, I'm going to wait and see for now.

  15. #95
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    415
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    New jobs is whatever, since they haven't even done the existing ones right, but the assertion that the entire battle/skill system will be revamped is a big exclamation point for me. If they somehow make the battle system significantly better than it is right now I'll probably start playing again (even if itemization still blows). The claim that they're dropping PS3 support is one I'd love to believe - I hope it comes true - because it's holding back the game, as everyone knows. But it's so easy for these guys to rescind what they say they're going to do if the numbers don't add up or whatever makes them backpedal on major shit, I'm going to wait and see for now.
    They didn't just announce PS3 discontinuation, they announced change in the spec for Windows minimum requirements, they also mentioned they based the decision on how many are currently playing on PS3 versus PS4 and already announced a new campaign to get free upgrades to PS4 again. Its happening, they even said they are thinking of making any accounts that are still PS3 after 4.0 come out auto upgrade to PS4 because come 4.0 patch you will not be able to play on PS3 anymore, its not just for the new expansion, the entire game is getting discontinued for PS3.

  16. #96

    Damn you SE tempting me with your shinny trailers and artwork. If they make some major overhauls to this mind numbing button mashing they call a battle system I'll consider coming back.

  17. #97
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,473
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Red Mage is gonna be a healer lul

    Just saying it now.

  18. #98
    The Fucking Voice of Actually

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,027
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    6

    No, enchant sword melee!

  19. #99
    Can you spare some gil?
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    6,966
    BG Level
    8

    Derplanders opponent had some sort of ribbon with a blade on the end of that would retract and extend from one of her sleeves. I'm curious if blade dancer will be a thing or if this is just how the monks of Ala Mihgo perform in combat being more fluid and light on their feet.

  20. #100
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    11,403
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    Considering their fighting styles we're near identical I'll be very dissapointed if that was dancer since it means danced will be 99% MNK. Also everyone is forgetting dancer uses daggers and that was a fist brawl aka MNK

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast