PS3 to PS4 Upgrade Details
Available until December 31, 2017
14 free days sub included with upgrade (if you have an inactive sub)
(New Caps & Art in the Spoiler)
- Purchase of the PlayStation4 version is not required to upgrade. Please be aware that after transferring to the PlayStation4 you will be unable to play using your current copy of the PlayStation3 version.
- Please note that after completion, the upgrade process cannot be undone.
- Upon completing the upgrade process, a PlayStation4 system will be required to play FINAL FANTASY XIV.
- All FINAL FANTASY XIV service account data including characters and in-game items will be carried over upon upgrading to the PlayStation4 version.
- Users who wish to play on both the PlayStation3 and PlayStation4 until service for the PlayStation3 is discontinued must purchase a separate copy of FINAL FANTASY XIV for the PlayStation4.
- The upgrade campaign is scheduled to begin on October 17, 2016 and end on December 31, 2017.
- Users who purchased the PlayStation3 Collector’s Edition will be upgraded to the PlayStation4 Collector’s Edition automatically.
- Users who registered FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward to their service account are not required to register a second copy when upgrading to the PlayStation4 version.
- The fourteen days of free play granted by this campaign are only valid in the event your service account is expired at the time of upgrade. Please be advised that this promotion cannot be used to extend the duration of free play periods granted by other campaigns.
- Please take care when confirming the service account to be upgraded to the PlayStation4 version, as this process cannot be undone once complete.
- When the upgrade process is complete, you will be issued a promotionproduct code to download the PlayStation4 version. To register this code, you must sign in on the PlayStation4 with the same Sony Entertainment Network (SEN) account you used to play on the PlayStation3. Registering with a new or different SEN account will prevent access to the game from the original SEN account. This may also result in complications when purchasing other products related to FINAL FANTASY XIV on the PlayStationStore.
- Users will not receive an additional 30-day trial period by upgrading to the PlayStation4 version.
- Users who possess multiple service accounts registered to the PlayStation3 version must complete the upgrade process for each service account individually.