Page 39 of 117 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 ... LastLast
Results 761 to 780 of 2329
  1. #761
    Been Here Longer Than you
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,819
    BG Level
    10

    I'm not talking about just making Top 8's because that is all about brackets. Better players take each other out all the time and let people split into Top 8 due to that alone. I'm talking about winning the fucking things. Almost every single legit tourney has been won by a top 5 character.

    Taking most Top 5 lists and averaging them out would likely come down to: Guile, Rog, Laura, Cammy, and 5 is probably Ibuki. Several top players are switching to Cammy/Ibuki because their mains are no longer a valid option to compete legitimately.

  2. #762
    Been Here Longer Than you
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,819
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    I sure would like to know the criteria you use to determine that Zangief/Dudley/Rolento/Sakura were "legit throughout SF4 life cycle" but only 5 characters have been "legit" throughout SF5 life cycle.
    In Ultra alone: Dudley, Rog, Ken, Viper, Sakura, Rolento, Seth, Gief, Adon, Fei Long, etc etc all were outside the Top 5 and did major work.

    God damn dude, read the bold part. You remain the worst poster in these thread's history.

  3. #763
    Straight Ca$h Homie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    10,942
    BG Level
    9

    Dudley literally sucked in Super so thats wrong, he got buffed and then later renerfed and was finally brought back in Ultra until people figured out Elena destroys him

  4. #764
    Been Here Longer Than you
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,819
    BG Level
    10

    Come on Deejay, I know you're more intelligent than Spider-Dan. I straight up said "In Ultra alone: x y z". The point was, throughout the SF4 lifecycle, each version had a LOT of characters do major work outside of the Top 5 characters. The characters I listed were just examples from the ULTRA lifespan. I then pointed out that the short-lived AE was the exception.

    In SFV, you pick one of the best characters, or you might as well not bother showing up if your goal is to be a pro.

    Anyway, got to go to dinner. Enjoy and gogo Punk!

  5. #765
    Straight Ca$h Homie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    10,942
    BG Level
    9

    V is too young (especially the meta) to be comparing it to the life span of IV. No one knew about Viper until when, Super? The Japanese didn't even play her seriously until Flash and then Krone made her look good. The same went for Sakura. All I'm trying to point out is that IV wasn't as balanced as you remember it and V isn't as unbalanced as you're implying. Who knows what will happen with the characters no body plays simply because everyone wants to jump ship for the new hottness now that we know we will get seasonal balance patches and all this god damn E-Sports money is on the line. The times are as relevant as the game is imo, which is why I don't understand why you keep trying to make these bold claims.

  6. #766
    Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,687
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    In Ultra alone: Dudley, Rog, Ken, Viper, Sakura, Rolento, Seth, Gief, Adon, Fei Long, etc etc all were outside the Top 5 and did major work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    I'm not talking about just making Top 8's because that is all about brackets. Better players take each other out all the time and let people split into Top 8 due to that alone. I'm talking about winning the fucking things.
    SURE WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHICH USF4 MAJORS "LEGIT TOURNEYS" WERE WON BY ZANGIEF/ROLENTO/SAKURA

    I also love how "throughout SF4's life span" became "throughout USF4" in a blink. And if you think that the second-place finisher is "all about brackets," you should probably learn how double-elimination tournaments work.

    P.S. How is it that you can see and respond to my posts when you ignored me? Posers gonna pose, I guess.

  7. #767
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,544
    BG Level
    10

    Remember when Rose was "broken" in Ultra? Pepperidge farm remembers.

    Also, it blows my mind that all these NYC cats with some of the best barbers in the world every other block, never have a decent fucking shape-up.

  8. #768
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,960
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    I still remember everyone saying "you have to play top tier" for SF4 as well. Who can forget "J-JUST PIKKA TOP TIER"

    Side note:
    Ryu: 2
    F.A.N.G: 1

    Not selected in top 64: Alex, Juri, Kolin, Nash and Vega.
    That's probably my list of characters you shouldn't pick if you want to make top 8 in 5. Juri, Kolin, Nash, and Vega can do it obviously but they'll have to work hard and I don't think they'll win. As far as winning goes, once you get there, it depends completely on the player.

  9. #769
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,544
    BG Level
    10

    These matches are so awkward with the BGM damn near muted. Such a weird production choice in an otherwise solid presentation.

  10. #770
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,960
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    0-14 for Ricki

  11. #771
    Been Here Longer Than you
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,819
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Cjskater View Post
    0-14 for Ricki
    That is because Chun Li is damn near unplayable now at a competitive level. Goichi, MOV, Sako, etc either got destroyed with her in S2 or moved away from her very quickly. Just got back and I see that Punk did some damage! I will laugh so damn hard if that cat wins the whole thing on TV sporting that grill.

  12. #772
    Been Here Longer Than you
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,819
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    V is too young (especially the meta) to be comparing it to the life span of IV. No one knew about Viper until when, Super? The Japanese didn't even play her seriously until Flash and then Krone made her look good. The same went for Sakura. All I'm trying to point out is that IV wasn't as balanced as you remember it and V isn't as unbalanced as you're implying. Who knows what will happen with the characters no body plays simply because everyone wants to jump ship for the new hottness now that we know we will get seasonal balance patches and all this god damn E-Sports money is on the line. The times are as relevant as the game is imo, which is why I don't understand why you keep trying to make these bold claims.
    This is all fine and I can agree with some of it, but at least read the god damned post properly and not be a twat like the other guy. I'm not the only one saying it; many of the top players have responded that way when interviewed about Season 2. I just knew hitting "View Ignored Post" was going to reveal some S tier level of tard, and I was right lol.

  13. #773
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,960
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    That is because Chun Li is damn near unplayable now at a competitive level. Goichi, MOV, Sako, etc either got destroyed with her in S2 or moved away from her very quickly. Just got back and I see that Punk did some damage! I will laugh so damn hard if that cat wins the whole thing on TV sporting that grill.
    I think its a level of laziness or contentedness from that generation of players (pre '09), at least the US players. I've bitched about jwong being a disappointment, in one of these threads, every time he's invited to an invitational. Last year Ricki said she practiced just 2 weeks for Capcom Cup. Meanwhile jwong is still doing ok enough to win, at these same events, and I've seen him streaming every other day practicing SFV. Sure Chun is part of it but I think Ricki is just coasting on her past experience. I think jwong is at least trying now and it shows in the results.

    In a recent interview Xian said he practices way more for SF5 than he ever did for SF4, because you can lose so easily.

  14. #774
    Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,687
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    This is all fine and I can agree with some of it, but at least read the god damned post properly and not be a twat like the other guy.
    You still going on with this "you didn't read my post!" BS? I definitely remember reading this part:

    Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Over half the cast or more was legit in SF4 throughout its life cycle, outside of original AE, which had the shortest lifespan.
    If the standard you are citing is significant tournament WINS, this is complete nonsense and only the blindest SF4 fanboy would claim otherwise.

    I just knew hitting "View Ignored Post" was going to reveal some S tier level of tard, and I was right lol.
    And yet you still felt compelled to respond.

    The bottom line is that you don't have the balls to actually follow through with your transparently feeble attempt to Get The Last Word by saying "lalala I am ignoring you from now on lalala". You only responded because you got tired of me taking free shots at your increasingly clownish statements.

    But yeah, keep pretending to ignore my posts as you play another round of "SF4 was always well-balanced and competitive, and by 'always,' I mean 'only the 5th major revision'." Tell us more about how vanilla and Super had amazing balance... by citing USF4 results.

    No, wait, that's unfair. You actually haven't even cited any results for USF4. We're just supposed to accept your word that a bunch of characters that never won anything of consequence were "putting in work."

  15. #775
    Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    7,075
    BG Level
    8

    Did Ricky become a woman, or we just being pc up in this bitch?

  16. #776
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,960
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    I'd rather the youtube comment crazies stay in their containment board, don't want to attract them

  17. #777
    Been Here Longer Than you
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,819
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Cjskater View Post
    I think its a level of laziness or contentedness from that generation of players (pre '09), at least the US players. I've bitched about jwong being a disappointment, in one of these threads, every time he's invited to an invitational. Last year Ricki said she practiced just 2 weeks for Capcom Cup. Meanwhile jwong is still doing ok enough to win, at these same events, and I've seen him streaming every other day practicing SFV. Sure Chun is part of it but I think Ricki is just coasting on her past experience. I think jwong is at least trying now and it shows in the results.

    In a recent interview Xian said he practices way more for SF5 than he ever did for SF4, because you can lose so easily.
    You can lose so easy because people are allowed to randomly jump around, reacting to whats on the screen is harder due to lag, and the damage is way, way too high.

    Regarding Ricki, I think(?) he had gender reassignment surgery, but could be wrong. I guess it depends if you go by what the birth cert says or what the person wants to be.

  18. #778
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    99% of the matches I win are not remotely close to me doing something smart or good, I just dash up and do stuff until either the other person's reactions fail and I win, or they're smart and they understand the game and they just mash lights constantly in neutral to stuff dashes

  19. #779
    Been Here Longer Than you
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,819
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    99% of the matches I win are not remotely close to me doing something smart or good, I just dash up and do stuff until either the other person's reactions fail and I win, or they're smart and they understand the game and they just mash lights constantly in neutral to stuff dashes
    That is because the game is terrible. Winning and losing BOTH feel lackluster. When I win, I don't feel I really did anything worthy of the W. My opponent just guessed wrong once or twice and couldn't react to what I was doing. Lots of times they try to react or AA and eat 50%.

    Just wait until Jump-back OS is gone lmao. (Or did this already happen? Not worth keeping track of..)

  20. #780
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    Patch isn't until the end of next month. JBOS will probably still exist but will require frame-perfect directional inputs and the risks might not be worth the attempt

Page 39 of 117 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 ... LastLast