+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Links     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level

There is an option to skip NPC dialog. Pretty sure I found it in the menu during a duel.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Has anyone beaten the fucking vagabond? Dude gets the most RIDICULOUS card draws I've ever seen. No matter what I do he has a counter to it.

I barely ever lose in pve/pvp, but am 0/7ish on vagabond duels.

Ridill
    BG Level

Ive beaten him twice out of maybe 8ish times. First was when the limit was 3 cards start in hand and the other was he starts with 3 spell/traps set but none of them apparently did anything. But yeah, Vagabond isn't so muh of a "Hard, fair, challenge" as it is "Hope to get lucky enough to start with your very best cards and pray he has all his shittiest cards." Don't worry, the rewards for beating him are barely any different than losing.

Tried to log on last night, but closed to maintenance. Trying to log on now and they're limiting how many people can be logged on at a time due to servers not being able to handle people.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Botosi View Post
    Has anyone beaten the fucking vagabond? Dude gets the most RIDICULOUS card draws I've ever seen. No matter what I do he has a counter to it.

I barely ever lose in pve/pvp, but am 0/7ish on vagabond duels.
    I'm like 2-3 wins against him and I'm Gold R2 in PVP but can't really progress further. Most of my vagabond wins involve my strats of either stealing monsters or wiping the field once he gets himself fully buffed.

Edit: Also I didn't find the setting to turn off shitty npc dialog.

Edit2: Do they give apologems for shit like this in this game? I feel like opening packs is only so useful as even when you get UR cards some of them (a lot) are absolute trash. Unless I'm using ritual summons wrong or something and you need a dedicated deck for them. The only one I use anymore is the 7* that wipes all face up monsters on the field and gets attack bonus for doing so.

Ridill
    BG Level

I just beat vagabond twice in a row. He didn't even stand a chance. Like his deck was just so much shittier.

Sath: its an option called "Character Lines." When your in a duel, go to the options menu in the top right. You'll have to toggle it from log to settings. At the very bottom is Character Lines. Switch it off.

And yeah, most cards aren't great in of themselves, with the exception of Balloon, which I have no idea how to get.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    I just beat vagabond twice in a row. He didn't even stand a chance. Like his deck was just so much shittier.

Sath: its an option called "Character Lines." When your in a duel, go to the options menu in the top right. You'll have to toggle it from log to settings. At the very bottom is Character Lines. Switch it off.

And yeah, most cards aren't great in of themselves, with the exception of Balloon, which I have no idea how to get.
    Sorry, I didn't make it clearer, I meant the dialog pre-battle and post-battle in town that takes annoyingly long to load. Unless this covers that too, I'll try it.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Think I've lost to the vagabond like twice, maybe thrice. Fought him plenty. Worst loss was him starting with 3 monsters. 2 low atk monsters that boosted others by 400 atk/def and couldn't be targeted while other fairy were on the field. So his last monster was a now buffed 2200 attack monster who was a fairy and I had to fight him to kill the others.

I lost in like two rounds.

Another shitty lost was the fact this jackass has like 3 Mirror forces in his deck

He's a cheap douche for sure but I can normally win.

Ridill
    BG Level

Oh, no. I haven't found an option for that.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Also I keep sic'n my Vagabond of Sath with the 1card rule. Apparently that's the best case scenario exp even if he loses

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Bandit Keith can suck my DONG on his level 30 Deck. fight is RNG entirely. Most of his cards are the 'Flip a coin' ones that just delete your cards.

You unlock him after winning 50 Legendary duels (against Anime people)

Edit: Also selling all those shitty normal monsters, especially the (R) ones is a great way to build up a supply of those trade-in items.
    Edit2: Also I get a complete nerdgasm defeating an enemy with Dark Magician with Yugi. DARK MAGIC ATTACK! blaaaam

Ridill
    BG Level

Unlocked bandit Keith last night and he'll be the one I want to max out first for metalmorph. Just hit mission 25 and I've still basically only have 3 different decks I run across all characters:
    my main deck- dragon/equip card deck.
    My fairy deck I use for life point gain requirements and also to unlock the gravekeeper lady (though I feel like I've played way more than 100 light monsters already and still haven't unlocked her)
    And my tribute/trap deck for those requirements and also for unlocking Odion.

I played a little online and got to bronze rank 2 undefeated quite easily, but went back to focusing on single player to unlock more stuff.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    Unlocked bandit Keith last night and he'll be the one I want to max out first for metalmorph. Just hit mission 25 and I've still basically only have 3 different decks I run across all characters:
    my main deck- dragon/equip card deck.
    My fairy deck I use for life point gain requirements and also to unlock the gravekeeper lady (though I feel like I've played way more than 100 light monsters already and still haven't unlocked her)
    And my tribute/trap deck for those requirements and also for unlocking Odion.

I played a little online and got to bronze rank 2 undefeated quite easily, but went back to focusing on single player to unlock more stuff.
    its 200 Light Monsters, and I just unlocked her Character missions, defeating them now. Heads up, one of them is beating her with 6000+ LP remaining, so have some enchanted Javelins or those 2 cards that gain LP based on defeated enemy atk/def (Absorbing Kid from the Sky and i forget the second).

Going to have to start on Odion now i guess >_>, trying to Tribute enough but not big on traps, dont have a lot ofuseful ones.

Ridill
    BG Level

Yeah, the traps are a bitch. I'm running Shattered Axes, Common Charity, conscription, jar of greed, and secrets of the gallant in mine atm. Things that I don't have to rely on the AI for and can use in pretty much any circumstance. Of cpurse, that still only allows for roughly 5 traps used per duel unless I reaaally stretch out the game. I need to get some more jars of greed.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Probably a good idea... I might look through my traps and see mildly useful ones.

Also, again with Ishtar, she has a trap card (Tribute Blast or something) that will destroy all your monsters and deal 1000 LP of damage to you if you attack with a Tributed monster... even in her 10 deck. So if you're going for the 6,000+ LP goal, if she sets a card, just.. don't attack with a Tributed monster lol.

I unlocked her and you get that Trap card BTW, real nice for that Vagabond prick.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Ever since i posted about not being able to beat the vagabond i tweaked my deck a little and havent had any issues fighting him. I got Kaiba to lvl 25 and I'm on stage 17. I mainly use a dragon/winged beast deck with spell cards, but I also have a plant/beast deck that's also really good.

I'm Gold rank 1 on pvp winning most duels (some guy with odion beat my ass with some cheap ass move).

Honestly not looking forward to all the specific missions because I don't really enjoy using trap cards. I find them rather situational and lackluster (I don't use fusion or ritual cards either). I just feel like this game is too fast paced for them. The RL card game back in the day....yea, but not here. It's been pretty successful for me. Am I the only one who feels this way?

When do open world npcs hit lvl 30? The special ones like Yugi is sometimes 30, but the regular dudes like Daniel and David are lvl 14.

Also grinding for keys is pretty annoying when you win against the lvl 30 guy and then you get 400 Gold and 2 earth jewels.

Ridill
    BG Level

Ritual monsters have never really been any good even in the real game with the rare exception here and there. It took a whole lot of support and two entire ritual-focused archetypes to make them playable.

As for higher level regular duelists, I'm on mission 25 right now and my regular duelists are occasionally lv20.

Ridill
    BG Level

Ok, I got myself a pretty decent trap deck to unlock Odion with.

3x common charity
    2x jar of greed
    3x shattered axe
    2x Alter for Tribute
    2x Jerry Bean Man
    3x AoJ Clausolas
    1x Guardian of throne room, ryu-kishin powered, crawling dragon #2
    2x Twin Behemoth

Wins no problem against all lv10 decks and most lv20 and can easily activate 5 traps a duel without drawing out too many turns. It can win against lv 30 stuff, it just really highly depends on what your hand is, which is why I like Bandit Keith's Switcheroo ability since it can help a little.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I only play Yugi cuz I'm lazy and have very little desire to do the other players. Are the major benefits just free cards from their decks? I suppose that is better than packs...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Yeah the free cards and possibility of skills are the only reason I see to lvl other characters.

I'm leveling bandit Keith right now because I maxed out Kaiba and bandit Keith has 2 cards that give machine monsters 300 atk/def which would open up the possibility of a nice machine deck. At 24 or 25 you get metalmorph which is also really nice for any deck.

Besides Bandit Keith and the water dude/Rex raptor I don't see any characters worth leveling.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I've done pretty well so far with Yugi only. Right now the duel interface is too slow and clunky for me to really get absorbed into the game. The act of trying to battle monsters annoys me muchly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast