+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Links     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level

I've had cerberus a few times. Never picked him up though. And shops are different for people. Right now I have Big Shield Gardna as my UR, Flash Assailant and Twin Headed thunder dragon as my SRs.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

People would call you insane or stupid for passing up on Cerberus. He's an amazing card in this game.

Should at least get one if possible. Do it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Lvl 30 Pegasus was probably the most ridiculous duel I've had so far. When they bring the event back just stick to farming to lvl 20 Pegasus imo. Luckily I was able to unlock him last night before the event was suspended.

I haven't tried cerberus yet but I've seen the deck based around him and it's pretty cool. I just don't know if I have the patience to get 6000 score.....

I wish this game rewarded you better for finishing quickly or for finishing with high LP.... as it stands right now the game rewards you better to play poorly than it does to play well.

Some pretty OP cards I've gotten: metalmorph (lvl 25 Bandit Keith) and card trader (which paired with bandit Keith makes for some SEXY hands).

Ridill
    BG Level

Yeah, the duel points rewarded are pretty stupid. The game says they max out the rewards at 8,000 points is it even possible to get that high? I haven't even managed to break 4k by drawing out a duel as long as possible and doing every little thing I can think of.
    Is there a list of what gives points for what?

Nvm. http://duellinks.gamea.co/c/5agpdwxm

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Finally did some PVp. Not surprisingly very few bronze/rookies can stand up to my near meta Mako deck. But only one rage quitter so far

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Finally did some PVp. Not surprisingly very few bronze/rookies can stand up to my near meta Mako deck. But only one rage quitter so far
    Early PvP reminds me of Yugioh physical launch when people were using starter decks and random cards from LoBEWD packs. Feels like an army of 1000-1600 attackers with some despells tossed in, and the +300 attack equip cards for specific monster types. The nostalgia is strong with this game.

Once you get up to mid silver into gold, decks like that start phasing out and you see either decks with a dedicated strategy (Mako, Dinos, Fusion, Parasite ((this shit is under utilized, I got destroyed by one a few nights ago)), etc) or just straight beat down decks. I've tried a few things but a lot of archtypes and strats just don't have enough options to make it viable just yet, or if it is, you've gotta pull multiple boxes worth of SRs and URs to make it work. I've got a rough normal monster deck going, but lacking multiple Axe Raider, Battle Ox, or Jerry Beans Man hurts it since anything less than 1700 attack just isn't all that safe.

Ridill
    BG Level

So is Necrovalley not in the game? I don't see it any of the packs and its not an unlock reward for leveling the Ishtar up, which makes it either non-existant or a random reward for beating her in a duel or a very very rare card in the store.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If its a field spell, its either going to be found by beating her lv.30 deck, or in the shop. Thats the only place I've seen field spells.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Not in the game for players yet, though there is another card that counts as Necrovalley. I forget it's exact name, but my gut says something like Shadow of the Necropolis or somesuch.

Ridill
    BG Level

It's Gravekeeper Priestess. But it only counts as having the card on the field, none of its effects which is pretty much the point of Gravekeepers. Though to be fair, there aren't many graveyard effects in the game in the first place right now, so little use for it anyway.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ah yeah, I must have mentally merged the effects. The card I was thinking of was Hidden Temples of Necrovalley.

Ridill
    BG Level

I actually just got that card from Ishizu lv40 duel.

Ridill
    BG Level

Toon World events back up for now.

Edit:

Server crashing.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Been able to play all day so far. Unlocked Pegasus and up to about 100,000 points. Really enjoying it. May take advantage of those duel orbs when I get home.

No luck on card drops yet.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Gave this a second shot, loving it. Forgot how much the synergy in cards was fun in this game.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Im trying to find a new deck myself, been doing Mako and enjoying it but I want to change shit up...

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Im trying to find a new deck myself, been doing Mako and enjoying it but I want to change shit up...
    I'm trying to get a Gravekeepers thing going, despite no Necrovalley because there's not much any other archetype catching my interest. Current deck is good it seems but it's just a mishmash of cards and that's just not as fun. Getting Gravekeeper cards is a huge pain in the ass though.

Oh, and keep trying to rank up toon world points btw. You keep getting rewards even after unlocking Pegasus, including blue eyes toon dragon far down the line.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    I'm trying to get a Gravekeepers thing going, despite no Necrovalley because there's not much any other archetype catching my interest. Current deck is good it seems but it's just a mishmash of cards and that's just not as fun. Getting Gravekeeper cards is a huge pain in the ass though.

Oh, and keep trying to rank up toon world points btw. You keep getting rewards even after unlocking Pegasus, including blue eyes toon dragon far down the line.
    Someone has a list on Reddit I think, I found it once lol.

But yah theres fuckloads of stuff

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Pretty rewarding event. Maybe I'm just lucky but Pegasus seems pretty generous with gems when defeating him. I've got 10 a good 7 or 8 times now, and the point tier rewards are pretty swell too. I wish he had a few more good cards to drop, but then again since it's just a limited event and it's all RNG, maybe it's for the best that he doesn't have anything realllly good to drop.

I also really like that unlike most mobile games, you're not devoting resources towards running it. Most you have to sacrifice energy, materials, etc to take part in events. This, you just do what you always do, and now you've got bonus duels to take part in.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Aye. Did a Pegasus duel where I got Gorgons eye and Mind Haxorz. Was real surprised two rare drops

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast