Page 172 of 203 FirstFirst ... 122 162 170 171 172 173 174 182 ... LastLast
Results 3421 to 3440 of 4055
  1. #3421
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,293
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    look guy just because i play Paradox's historical grand strategy games

  2. #3422
    Zeb
    Zeb is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,851
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    Was really expecting this to be an edit of Short People.

  3. #3423
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,676
    BG Level
    10

    Can someone tell me in layman terms what this “tax cut” means for a household income of ~180k no kids?

  4. #3424
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    12,467
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    You should start looking into a home security system for the upcoming purge.

  5. #3425
    Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,882
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Can someone tell me in layman terms what this “tax cut” means for a household income of ~180k no kids?
    If the Senate brackets remain, then a married household with 180k would have the bracket drop 4% down to the new 24% bracket with $24,000 standard deduction and no personal exemption.

  6. #3426
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,676
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    If the Senate brackets remain, then a married household with 180k would have the bracket drop 4% down to the new 24% bracket with $24,000 standard deduction and no personal exemption.
    So happy I married an Asian cuz I don't understand any of this shit lol. According to her she said the tax bill is gonna be good for us.

  7. #3427
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,767
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    I still can’t figure out how it’s gonna end up for me. Single dad. $80,000ish a year. Although I think taxable income is closer to 70ish thousand. Claim two kids. The child tax credit got doubled, except the second thousand isn’t a credit. It’s a deduction. So it won’t effect those with a 0 tax liability. Which I have no idea what my liability will be beings they doubled the standard deduction. But removed the individual deduction. Is this good for me or not. Last year I had to pay in since I got divorced before the years end and that fucked me, and I attempted to play catch-up by claiming few deductions and paying in a shit ton of taxes in the last few months, but didn’t quite make it. This year I feel like I probably overpaid because I didn’t adjust my deductions from the catch-up phase I put myself in last year. So I’ve paid in a ton of taxes again this year. Confusing, I know.

  8. #3428
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,117
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    So happy I married an Asian cuz I don't understand any of this shit lol. According to her she said the tax bill is gonna be good for us.
    For the first few years? I imagine if you actually work for your money then you'll be behind inside a decade with this new bill. If you just use money to make money you'll probably finagle yourself coming out ahead.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

  9. #3429
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,676
    BG Level
    10

    She's way more understanding of politics than I am so who knows.

  10. #3430
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,767
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    According to a back of the envelope calculator, I will save about $2,000 if they pass the bill in time for me to file.

  11. #3431
    Chram
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,581
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Problem is that these tax cuts for citizens that are going to 'save you money', are going to expire, while all these other tax cuts for corporations won't.

    So we can get fucked, because reasons.

  12. #3432
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,883
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by djzombie View Post
    Problem is that these tax cuts for citizens that are going to 'save you money', are going to expire, while all these other tax cuts for corporations won't.

    So we can get fucked, because reasons.
    This. Things change a lot for normal people at year 5, and a lot more at year 10.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

  13. #3433
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,767
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    I’m taking what I can get right now. Also, I’d be at least 75% confident that something with these tax cuts will change in the next five years.

  14. #3434
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,767
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    I’m more concerned about health insurance costs now that healthy people are going to exit stage left.

  15. #3435
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,936
    BG Level
    10

    Your first post directly conflicts with your second.

  16. #3436
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,767
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    How so? I believe dems will end up with control of the executive and at least one branch of congress in 2021. I think betting markets would support that. I think the middle class cuts will probably get extended or redistributed in some way positive for the middle class. Depends on how soon the incoming recession from this bill hits. Obviously, highly speculative. And it isn’t like I’m arranging my financial well-being around that bet. But I’d guess these tax cuts won’t end up sunsetting or they will and new middle class cuts will be implemented to account for the loss.

    Also, I’m obviously concerned about the healthcare ramifications of this from both a consumer and professional side. I’m not sure how they plan to stabilize these markets with a mass exodus of healthy people.

  17. #3437
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,108
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    you honestly believe that dems, whose entire messaging strategy versus this bill was 'but this bill actully INcreases the deficit! you see, i have defeated your argument by your own logic! thus, per the rules of debate club, you are no longer allowed to pass this legislation' and 'muh bipartisanship!', are capable of retaking power? you believe in the party that lost the most winnable election in the history of democracy? and further, that once they do, they'll actually do anything useful with that power? the same party that worships at the altar of pragmatic incrementalism, an approach which has been completely obliterated in the first year of the trump administration?

    i deeply envy your optimism

  18. #3438
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,767
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    Quote Originally Posted by Moridam View Post
    you honestly believe that dems, whose entire messaging strategy versus this bill was 'but this bill actully INcreases the deficit! you see, i have defeated your argument by your own logic! thus, per the rules of debate club, you are no longer allowed to pass this legislation' and 'muh bipartisanship!', are capable of retaking power? you believe in the party that lost the most winnable election in the history of democracy? and further, that once they do, they'll actually do anything useful with that power? the same party that worships at the altar of pragmatic incrementalism, an approach which has been completely obliterated in the first year of the trump administration?

    i deeply envy your optimism
    Dems don't give two shits about the deficit. They were playing the hypocrisy card since they literally suit the fucking government down and obstructed Obama for 8 years over the very thing they passed. Dems would pass a middle class tax break for a trillion dollars cost without hesitation.

  19. #3439
    Remit One (1) Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,397
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Honestly, the GOP is probably banking on the Dem's taking over again. Then when the Dems go in to fix this bill, the GOP can cry "they're raising your taxes!" and get re-elected again.

  20. #3440
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,767
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    The Dems will be in office when this all falls apart and we hit a recession. God willing, McConnell will have died.

Page 172 of 203 FirstFirst ... 122 162 170 171 172 173 174 182 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 108
    Last Post: 2026-10-02, 12:06