Page 201 of 203 FirstFirst ... 151 191 199 200 201 202 203 LastLast
Results 4001 to 4020 of 4055
  1. #4001
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,869
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    We're not asking for a DSA candidate. Literally couldn't say she voted for Obama. How the fuck you think a dem is gonna get elected if the dem doesn't even believe in the party. =/
    Uh, she did get elected, and re-elected, as Secretary of State, as a Democrat, statewide, in Kentucky.

    Expecting her to be able to beat an incumbent Republican Senator in a midterm year with a president in the opposite party, in Kentucky, is a huge reach.

    And no measure of candidate quality makes up for a 16 point loss.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

  2. #4002
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,869
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Had a chance to kick mcconnell out in 2014
    Your mistake is thinking this statement is even remotely true

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

  3. #4003
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,717
    BG Level
    7

    As always, liberals run flawless campaigns and everything else costs them elections.

  4. #4004
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,584
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Talint View Post
    As always, liberals run flawless campaigns and everything else costs them elections.
    But was it at least a moral victory? These are the questions that matter for liberals in elections.

  5. #4005
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,717
    BG Level
    7

    You could spin a wheel and come up with excuses every single time.

    "It was a mid-term!"
    "He was an incumbent!"
    "She was too far to the left!"
    "Misogeny!"
    "He was pro-choice!"

    It's kind of awesome because even I realize ousting McConnell was a ridiculous stretch goal, but heaven forbid insinuating a liberal candidate might just be shit.

  6. #4006
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,765
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    Again, who was better?

  7. #4007
    Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    18,840
    BG Level
    9

    Are we using relativity? Because it's hard to be a shittier candidate than Mitch McConnell.

  8. #4008
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,765
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    Quote Originally Posted by Talint View Post
    You could spin a wheel and come up with excuses every single time.

    "It was a mid-term!"
    "He was an incumbent!"
    "She was too far to the left!"
    "Misogeny!"
    "He was pro-choice!"

    It's kind of awesome because even I realize ousting McConnell was a ridiculous stretch goal, but heaven forbid insinuating a liberal candidate might just be shit.
    Or...just maybe, Kentucky politics are a little more nuanced than you understand?

  9. #4009
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,765
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    Are we using relativity? Because it's hard to be a shittier candidate than Mitch McConnell.
    McConnell is a shitty candidate with HEAVY corporate funding in the state. He's difficult to primary. I work for a moderately sized hospital group and the number of administrators and physicians that throw thousands at him is just disgusting. I wanted to vomit after seeing doctors I respect had thrown thousands at him when I looked through FEC filings.

  10. #4010
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,902
    BG Level
    10

    Tyche I'm not at all surprised, and most of it seems to be a function of where they lived and how they were raised before med school.

    I have seen classmates who literally think the patient is a child that needs doctors and nurses to baby their little boo boos and if they would just stop spending their money in iphones and quit smoking immediately they wouldn't have to worry about bills.

    I'm not even lying.

  11. #4011
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,717
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    But was it at least a moral victory? These are the questions that matter for liberals in elections.
    I had a legit laugh at this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    Again, who was better?
    Well, how about anyone who can admit that, as a democrat, Obama is the leader of their party and they voted for them. Let's take that as a baseline.

    While I disagree with Chuck Todd that it disqualified Grimey, it became a story where is absolutely did not have to be. Like, does anybody really think this tack was good?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    Or...just maybe, Kentucky politics are a little more nuanced than you understand?
    I've never actually said DSA/Berniecrat could win in Kentucky, despite my repeated insistence in other threads about trying leftist candidates in southern states. I've specifically kept to Grimey and her campaign and her steadfast refusal to partake in retail, and how democrats in Kentucky ran away from their successes.

    But, hey, what do I know. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  12. #4012
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,869
    BG Level
    10

    You said she's a terrible candidate, but haven't explained at all how she was able to win statewide twice in Kentucky despite that.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

  13. #4013
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,717
    BG Level
    7

    You don't have to work retail politics to be elected secretary of state? Martha Coakley says hi.

    Legit favorable conditions for her (already won as a democrat for AG, in a democrat state), and she still can't win, be it state senator or governor.

  14. #4014
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,869
    BG Level
    10

    Comparing Massachusetts to Kentucky smh

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

  15. #4015
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,901
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by Talint View Post
    Well, how about anyone who can admit that, as a democrat, Obama is the leader of their party and they voted for them. Let's take that as a baseline.
    I'm honestly not sure why this is such a big deal? It reminds me of Trump calling out Obama for not saying the words, "Radical Islamic Terrorism."

  16. #4016
    Ninja Ninja
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,672
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    Comparing Massachusetts to Kentucky smh

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    No joke. We live on spite and hatred in MA.

  17. #4017
    Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    28,413
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    McConnell is a shitty candidate with HEAVY corporate funding in the state. He's difficult to primary. I work for a moderately sized hospital group and the number of administrators and physicians that throw thousands at him is just disgusting. I wanted to vomit after seeing doctors I respect had thrown thousands at him when I looked through FEC filings.
    Ben Shapiro subbed in for Glen Beck's radio show. He sucked.

  18. #4018
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    12,467
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    Ben Shapiro subbed in for Glen Beck's radio show. He sucked.
    Why did you listen?

  19. #4019
    Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    28,413
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Why did you listen?
    Spoiler: show
    I'm retarded

  20. #4020
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    22,830
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    Quote Originally Posted by Aerin View Post
    I'm honestly not sure why this is such a big deal? It reminds me of Trump calling out Obama for not saying the words, "Radical Islamic Terrorism."
    Same.

    Admitting or not admitting who you voted for doesn't change anything.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 108
    Last Post: Today, 12:06