Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Fire Emblem: Three Houses (NSW) - July 26, 2019

Press Release
    For the first time since Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn on the Wii console in 2007, a new mainline game in the series is being developed for a Nintendo home system, with the ability to also be played on the go! The new game is scheduled to launch in 2018.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The Black Eagles. The Blue Lions. The Golden Deer. Three noble houses that are part of the Officer’s Academy, an elite facility that trains students in the ways of weapons, magic and special skills. As a professor, the player must choose one of these houses to lead its students in grid-based battles with life-or-death stakes. Each house is comprised of many different students to meet and train, each with her or his own personality and skills. These students can interact with each other at the academy, strengthening their bonds and supporting each other on the battlefield.
    Fire Emblem: Three Houses gets its name from the three houses of the land of Fódlan. The Adrestian Empire lies to the south, the Kingdom of Faerghus is in the north, and the Leicester Alliance is to the east. Somehow, an unknown power will awaken in your character early on and you will go to Garreg Mach Monastery, which lies in the center of the map, surrounded by all three houses. Your character will become a professor at an academy in the monastery.

You teach one of the three houses at the Officer’s Academy– the Blue Lions (Kingdom of Faerghus), the Golden Deer (Leicester Alliance), or the Black Eagles (Adrestian Empire). The students will participate in battles and skirmishes as homework, under your guidance.

Students will study and bond together at school. This can lead to more powerful moves on the battlefield. It looks like a fusion of the Persona series with classic Fire Emblem turn-based battles.
    https://www.dualshockers.com/fire-em...e-date-switch/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Damn we are actually finally getting some marketing for this game. I've been really hyped about it, but there has been so little marketing and it feels like it's getting no attention.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

So this just got leaked.

Guess I'm going in blind, since it sounds like you're gonna have to play it 3x... (ugh)

Welp some pretty huge spoilers are out there right now so be careful if you wanna avoid that stuff.

Minor spoilers for the tone of the game:
    Spoiler: show
    This game is gonna be fucking dark holy shit, I think we got another Genealogy on our hands

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

And don't read the kotaku review.. ..spoilers in the third paragraph >.>

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    And don't read the kotaku review.. ..spoilers in the third paragraph >.>
    Yeah fuck that bitch. Who does that?

I'm like 10 hours in. Really digging the game. It feels like a fresh mix of old-school and new-school fire emblem.

Not a huge fan of the FF type0-esque time management so far, though. (I don't agree w/ people comparing it to Persona3+, it's very different. And worse. Imo.)

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

3 hours until I can get home to play it.

For someone new to FE (Only played Awakening) any tips or advice?

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I'll post some in about an hour when I get home.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Thanks. One thing I remember about Awakening was it had a tough curve at the start. Archers/Mages had a laughable attack distance and could get or nearly get one shot

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Ok, here's my list of tips and such:

Picking a house:
    - Characters from other houses are recruitable
    - The ONLY non-recruitable characters are house leaders and their crony. (With the exception of Golden Deer/Claude, who doesn't have a crony.)
    With that in mind... I would pick based on which house leader you like best, or if there is a house with an overwhelming number of characters you like (doubtful, as they are all pretty balanced with likeable and annoying characters)

Characater Recruiting:
    - Each character has a skill and stat that they like
    - From my experience, to get a character to join you need (these are estimates and could be off)
    - C support rank and C skill (somewhat confirmed)
    - B support rank and D skill (somewhat confirmed)
    - A support rank and E skill (assuming...)
    - Stat around 20ish for the above numbers

So, the best thing to do to recruit characters is to raise their support levels, followed by ranking up the skills they want. I don't know how viable it is to recruit everyone on a first playthrough, so if you are attempting I would suggest trying to equally raise your skills to D, which shouldn't be too hard. (Flying/mounting/armor might be a bit more difficult...)

With that in mind, Time Management:
    - You really can't go too wrong here
    - Highly suggest focusing on choir & lunch with characters you're trying to build support with
    - Faculty learning is also good, but it doesn't raise professor EXP, so I would focus on the other two first (especially when you don't have a lot of action points)
    - I would do faculty learning when you're trying to get certain skills to a level you otherwise couldn't get them to (like leveling reason/faith to learn a spell so you can level it yourself)
    - Tea time is probably also worth it if you're not needing the faculty learning

Other things:
    - When you get a quest to unlock new merchants (east/west), do that asap. These merchants sell gift items (+++ support!) and fishing items (sell fish for gold and for professor exp!) - they restock every month, buy that shit out! They also sell tea and seeds, but I haven't been in a position to need more of them.
    - At the start I just explored once, and then did battles or seminars on the days off. Seminars are probably OK near the start when you don't have much AP, but later on, exploring just to go do lunch/choir + some extra faculty learning is going to be a MUCH better use of your day
    - If you're planning on exploring multiple times, look at the calendar - if the second explore falls under a fishing event, you may want to save your bait for that event (unless you're really close to a professor level)

You are -supposed- to play through this game 3.5x (one of the routes has a split, so if you save before it, no need to play the first half of that route again...), and there is supposedly a new game +, which I assume will transfer things over that will make recruiting everyone easier, so don't sweat it and just focus on the characters you want and have fun!

edit: Lysithea seems to be the most broken mage in the game. Much recommend. <3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast