Page 118 of 151 FirstFirst ... 68 108 116 117 118 119 120 128 ... LastLast
Results 2341 to 2360 of 3006
  1. #2341
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    37,884
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    I'm up to 291 and I've never done any Nightfall or raid

  2. #2342
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    489
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    305 is possible without either. Finished my Hunter before I started clan raid runs.

  3. #2343
    EAST BAY JEDI DONT GIVE A FUCK
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,152
    BG Level
    7

    I've just been waiting for the expansion to play of I'm on and playing something else I usually don't mind switching of someone needs help. But why play when they hopefully will fix some of the stupid shit next week

  4. #2344
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    70,574
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    What's even funnier is that after the change, the XP values they show you still aren't accurate.
    Actually they doubled the amount of exp needed to level up. So while they "fixed" the scaling, they now added an additional 80k needed to hit the next engram.

    https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/statu...45967194779648

  5. #2345
    I like to eat food
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9,064
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Fievel View Post
    Got to 266 light just fucking around solo on pc, am I at the point where I need a group or I'm shit outa luck?
    Quote Originally Posted by Yimoa View Post
    305 is possible without either. Finished my Hunter before I started clan raid runs.
    I've never done the Raid or Nightfall and I'm around 297 I think. When you hit 265 you should claim your powerful rewards for the week. When you're around 270, or after claiming your powerful rewards, you can do the exotic quests for a boost to power level.

    I just did my Warlock's Sturm & Drang and MIDA quests last week and ended up with a 301 MIDA Multitool and used the Sturm to boost my Old Fashioned to 303. Exotics are basically power level fuel until you're near light level cap.

  6. #2346
    Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    58,163
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Actually they doubled the amount of exp needed to level up. So while they "fixed" the scaling, they now added an additional 80k needed to hit the next engram.

    https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/statu...45967194779648
    Makes me not want to play even more

  7. #2347
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    15,635
    BG Level
    9
    Blog Entries
    101

    Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Actually they doubled the amount of exp needed to level up. So while they "fixed" the scaling, they now added an additional 80k needed to hit the next engram.

    https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/statu...45967194779648
    See, that's an actual lie. It's not like people had not already estimated the exp needed to level, so don't go telling us it's more than people have already shown it to be.

  8. #2348
    I like to eat food
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9,064
    BG Level
    8

    I understand the annoyance that they changed it without saying anything, and then when they finally did it still wasn't quite right, but I Bright Engrams have never been a selling point for me. They're nice, definitely, but I have 3 legendary ships and 3 legendary sparrows so anything else I get is just cosmetics.

    The only game that has latched me with cosmetics is Overwatch, and I ignore most of the vents now anyway.

    I should be on PC tonight for a bit if anyone wants to join in doing some of the weekly stuff. Got to do both Titan and Warlock.

  9. #2349
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,797
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    It's getting tied into people rallying against loot boxes so they can feel special and get sweet sweet Reddit karma for making posts about it.

  10. #2350
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    15,635
    BG Level
    9
    Blog Entries
    101

    The whole throttling issue wasn't a problem for me, but I'm also someone who spent most of his time doing those more time intensive activities and apparently benefited from the system.

    But again, don't tell us how much it takes to level when people have already calculated a different value. Could the calculations have been off? Sure. But double? Really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    It's getting tied into people rallying against loot boxes so they can feel special and get sweet sweet Reddit karma for making posts about it.
    Don't forget the circle-jerk of D1 was so much better, bring back D1! I saw a thread asking to bring back D1 sniping in the crucible on the front page and laughed.

  11. #2351
    I like to eat food
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9,064
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    But again, don't tell us how much it takes to level when people have already calculated a different value. Could the calculations have been off? Sure. But double? Really?
    I think it's completely valid to be mad about this kind of stuff. It's shady to do it without saying anything at all. I just don't care as much because it's just cosmetics.

    If they made it rarer to get exotics or something I'd be pissed since it blocks progression. Especially if they did it without saying anything.

  12. #2352
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    70,574
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries
    9

    I think what is the real issue here is why have a double exp event (Clarion Call) if you're just going to throttle the amount that can be earned.

    Edit: *one of the issues, the other would be the lack of communication from the devs, again.

  13. #2353
    I like to eat food
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9,064
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    I think what is the real issue here is why have a double exp event (Clarion Call) if you're just going to throttle the amount that can be earned.
    I completely forgot about this event. Kind of defeats the purpose. Should have removed the throttling if you're playing with clan mates or something.

  14. #2354
    a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    25,986
    BG Level
    10

    Tomorrow's stream is "postponed" in favour of a developer commentary blog post on the state of the game.

    https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/935612476758007808

  15. #2355
    Cardiac Cat
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,604
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

    What pisses me off about it is that they can't admit to being wrong. The opening statement about the xp that basically says "we researched it and it's not working as intended." Bull fucking shit. You only revisited it because you were called out on it and it was working exactly as intended.

    Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

  16. #2356
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    15,635
    BG Level
    9
    Blog Entries
    101

    They should have just been upfront about the exp system. Using an example that was mentioned earlier, Overwatch basically uses the same system -- do a low-commitment activity (arcade), receive less exp; play a high-commitment activity (comp), get more exp. I don't think anyone complains about that system (although I admittedly got into Overwatch late, so maybe it happened early?) because Blizzard was upfront and made the numbers visible from the start.

  17. #2357
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    7,124
    BG Level
    8

    https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/935612476758007808



    DMG control set to 11

    Edit: sorry didnt see the previous post lol

  18. #2358
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    996
    BG Level
    5

    Did Bungie have awful communication like this during the Halo days?

  19. #2359
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,797
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    There's wasn't a need to in those days because they weren't running a persistent game nor was the internet as big of a deal for communication between a video game company and the consumers.

  20. #2360
    Pandemonium
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7,698
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    THere was zero
    Communication back then

Page 118 of 151 FirstFirst ... 68 108 116 117 118 119 120 128 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tom Clany's: Rainbow 6: Siege (PC / PS4 / Xbone)
    By Oreth in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 2021-06-13, 11:02
  2. Replies: 136
    Last Post: 2018-06-05, 00:52
  3. Replies: 159
    Last Post: 2017-11-11, 03:58
  4. Get Even (PC, PS4, Xbone)
    By Qalbert in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2017-02-20, 22:08
  5. Double Dragon IV (PC/PS4) 01-30-2017
    By 6souls in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 2017-02-03, 21:56
  6. Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide (PC/Xbone/PS4)
    By Qalbert in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 2016-12-01, 13:36
  7. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2014-02-19, 07:01