Page 146 of 151 FirstFirst ... 96 136 144 145 146 147 148 ... LastLast
Results 2901 to 2920 of 3006
  1. #2901
    Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,268
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    So dumb
    How so? I can tell you from my perspective, someone who stuck out Destiny 1's awful launch and plain terrible first expansion, being rewarded around The Taken King and all the way through Rise of Iron... Destiny 2 has actually killed my enthusiasm and trust for the franchise. I will not be day 1'ing Destiny 3 nor am I even excited for it. Everything about Destiny 2's schedule and cycle is a repeat of Destiny 1 in terms of the game slowly becoming playable and enjoyable, I'm not ready to do that again in D3 nor am I ready to take the leap of faith and their word when they start hyping D3 being "better" and learning their lesson.

    As a fan of Bungie and this series, for me, the trust and good will has run out. If I pick up this series again it'll be on the recommendation of friends, and it certainly will never be a launch day buy for me again.

    I don't agree with all his points, Nail in the coffin/its irredeemably dying? I don't know, can't say. but I definitely agree player trust has largely eroded from this series.

  2. #2902
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    15,632
    BG Level
    9
    Blog Entries
    101

    If that's the point of that video (not gonna waste my time watching it), it's about four or five months too late. If anything, the recent news/changes are slowly rebuilding the community's trust in Bungie.

  3. #2903
    I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,264
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by Mythe_Seraph View Post
    From someone who still plays the games perspective? Yeah I can someone saying that’s dumb. From someone who doesn’t play it anymore? Seems pretty logical.
    No because its written like someone saw a GameTyrant article and made a video in their own style without research.

    For instance, he lays out problems then says Warmind isn't set to fix any of these problems, despite the fact that it is.

    The number one thing being his argument that Exotics are not very impressive and bungie could easily update them, but then ignores mentioning that that is the plan with Warmind. It's just recycled arguments for a quick viewgrab.

  4. #2904
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    543
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    I prefer slayerage's video as to why I've stopped playing, the high impact gameplay point being my personal reason. Fighting my own teammates for heavy made me rage harder than Fiendishone during D1 (okay, maybe not that much rage but still). If the enemy got the heavy, good luck fighting that with two primaries since your abilities were pretty much non-existent. I'm sure it's gotten better and will continue to improve, but I'll wait until I see people having fun and montaging like the old days.


  5. #2905
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,918
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    No because its written like someone saw a GameTyrant article and made a video in their own style without research.

    For instance, he lays out problems then says Warmind isn't set to fix any of these problems, despite the fact that it is.

    The number one thing being his argument that Exotics are not very impressive and bungie could easily update them, but then ignores mentioning that that is the plan with Warmind. It's just recycled arguments for a quick viewgrab.
    The way I interpret is that bunngie did the same shit twice and it lead to the same outcome for a majority of players and that doesn’t bode well for destiny 3 and 4 because fool me twice shame on you fool me three or four times well I mean you get the picture.

  6. #2906
    Impossiblu
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,445
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Destiny 2 legitimately is just a carbon copy of the Destiny 1 marketing model.

    1) Build hype
    2) Launch game/sequel
    3) Disappoint repeatedly. Strip features that were in previous game to prepare for DLC marketing. The paypigs will fall for it again.
    4) Slowly roll out features that should have been in the game since day one
    BONUS) For Destiny 2, implement cash shop in a new way that pisses people off
    5) Finally finish the game after making people pay for it thrice over thru DLC and expansion packs
    6) Repeat

  7. #2907
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    15,632
    BG Level
    9
    Blog Entries
    101

    Except a lot of the changes they made were due to demands and issues raised over the course of D1. The Destiny community contradicts themselves all the time though and doesn't think beyond demanding a change. Hell, we're seeing it now -- the community has bitched about things being too easy and there being nothing worth grinding for, but when they introduce one gun that is going to require time, effort, and skill, there are tons of people complaining that it'll be too difficult to obtain.

  8. #2908
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,918
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    What was that gun that you could do the quest for that required you to dip into multiple activities which was useful in the raid but also held its own outside of it? It was in the crota expansion. That was an example of a good exotic. It didn't require you to do the exact same thing over and over and over to collect x amount of crap or wait for y to drop. It also didn't make you complete the raid challenges x amount of times or something stupid like that shot gun. They do a lot of things great in individual examples then they try to replicate it and it turns to crap.

  9. #2909
    Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

    Vamos los Perds!

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    10,582
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    I enjoyed leveling my Hunter finally this weekend. My #1 complaint from D1 launch straight through until now remains the lack of an integrated social/matchmaking interface. It is still inane to me that you can have 10 guardians in the tower all wanting to do NF/Trials/Raid/etc and yet there is no way to communicate said desire easily. Carbon copy the FFXIV party finder interface or something. The third party site nonsense is just mindboggling.

    Also, am I crazy or is Trials insanely sweaty right now? Ran it for three hours with randos from Reddit LFG this weekend and we won one match total. I'm actually doing reasonably well in normal Crucible since I came back, but Trials was just on another level beyond what I remember in early D2 or at any point in D1. I did say it was "casual" and my teammates were pretty bad, but still.

  10. #2910
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    15,632
    BG Level
    9
    Blog Entries
    101

    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang View Post
    Also, am I crazy or is Trials insanely sweaty right now? Ran it for three hours with randos from Reddit LFG this weekend and we won one match total. I'm actually doing reasonably well in normal Crucible since I came back, but Trials was just on another level beyond what I remember in early D2 or at any point in D1. I did say it was "casual" and my teammates were pretty bad, but still.
    The farther from a release you get, the tougher trials becomes as the allure of new weapons vanishes, so you're entering at the worst time for it. Also, now that there's no radar, if your team lacks communication, you're gonna get steamrolled. That said, I have some faint hope that ranked might have a positive effect on the Trials population going forward.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mythe_Seraph View Post
    What was that gun that you could do the quest for that required you to dip into multiple activities which was useful in the raid but also held its own outside of it? It was in the crota expansion. That was an example of a good exotic. It didn't require you to do the exact same thing over and over and over to collect x amount of crap or wait for y to drop. It also didn't make you complete the raid challenges x amount of times or something stupid like that shot gun. They do a lot of things great in individual examples then they try to replicate it and it turns to crap.
    TDB just had RNG exotics. TTK introduced a bunch of exotic quests, so maybe it's one of those you're thinking of?

  11. #2911
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,918
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    The farther from a release you get, the tougher trials becomes as the allure of new weapons vanishes, so you're entering at the worst time for it. Also, now that there's no radar, if your team lacks communication, you're gonna get steamrolled. That said, I have some faint hope that ranked might have a positive effect on the Trials population going forward.



    TDB just had RNG exotics. TTK introduced a bunch of exotic quests, so maybe it's one of those you're thinking of?
    Yeah sorry not Crota, whichever hive king thing came after that... Oryx?

  12. #2912
    I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,264
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Touch of Malice?

  13. #2913
    Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,268
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    Except a lot of the changes they made were due to demands and issues raised over the course of D1. The Destiny community contradicts themselves all the time though and doesn't think beyond demanding a change. Hell, we're seeing it now -- the community has bitched about things being too easy and there being nothing worth grinding for, but when they introduce one gun that is going to require time, effort, and skill, there are tons of people complaining that it'll be too difficult to obtain.
    Could be two sides of the community, but I understand your particular point here. You can't please everyone.

    My complaints might trace back to community whining, but they were many... Strikes were worthless. Loot was sterile. Exotics were forgettable. Duplicates were pointless trash. I had nothing to do except once a week special engrams... I never asked for the Eververse, paid shaders, Paid sparrows, paid ships, a hard reset on content to be resold later as "new". With some things I can understand, but weapons and armor, I simply can't. Exotics in particular, I doubt they required much coding to transfer to D2, so either transfer them all at once and give us a huge pool of exotics to chase and enjoy at launch, which this game frankly needed... or simply decide which to add and which to not. But don't trickle feed me D1 Exotics as new content, its just downright insulting. I can't imagine why anyone would find trickle-fed D1 Exotics as acceptable content additions.

    I know I sound like a broken record sometimes discussing this stuff, you're free to enjoy the game man, and I don't think you're dumb or nothing. I'm just saying I really feel Bungie dropped the ball, I can certainly put some of the blame on loud community complainers who I personally disagree with, but the community isn't a seasoned and experience game developer, Bungie is. I wanted better from them, and D2. And what i got was D1 all over again with brand new problems.

    if what they say is true about their developer tools, that reaaaally needs fixing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Touch of Malice?
    Thats the only one i can think of. I liked Touch of Malice but it was quite... situational.

  14. #2914
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    15,632
    BG Level
    9
    Blog Entries
    101

    I had a long response, but then I closed it.. and now I'm sad.

    Short version, I do agree, there are things that Bungie deserves the blame for (the exotic drip feed and expansion of eververse being great examples), and their seeming inability to learn from D1's lessons is a problem, but I also don't think the excuse that they're developers and the community is not really holds up. It's their job to use their experience as developers to address the community's issues as best they can, but when the community raises an issue, they address it, but then the community realizes that wasn't an issue they wanted addressed, that's more on the community, in my opinion.

  15. #2915
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    7,117
    BG Level
    8

    I think is more of Bungie interpenetrating community issues the wrong way. "We want more primary gun play" "lets give you two then!. etc

    Whoever took community feedback and relayed it to the devs, did a pretty bad job.

  16. #2916
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    70,452
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries
    9

    Its funny that people are complaining about the new PVP-exclusive weapon, but aren't realizing it's a very situational weapon that won't be used much. One of my complaints with D2 is the amount of cosmetics. I'd rather have unique gear models than a new coat of paint. Outside of armor, you don't get to see other peoples shit.

  17. #2917
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    15,632
    BG Level
    9
    Blog Entries
    101

    Destiny 2 Narrative Preview

    Warmind comic coming this week.

  18. #2918
    Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

    Vamos los Perds!

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    10,582
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    For all its flaws, I kind of have the Destiny bug back after playing 6-man IB a week or so ago plus leveling my Hunter alt finally this weekend. Amped for the expansion and will definitely be going hard in the new ranked crucible post-release. Hope some of the rest of the BG crew comes back and does the same.

  19. #2919
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    70,452
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries
    9


  20. #2920
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    476
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    John Blaze
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    I will likely come back and play this on PS4 when Warmind drops. Haven't touched the game since I beat CoO's story.

    Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Page 146 of 151 FirstFirst ... 96 136 144 145 146 147 148 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tom Clany's: Rainbow 6: Siege (PC / PS4 / Xbone)
    By Oreth in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 2021-06-13, 11:02
  2. Replies: 136
    Last Post: 2018-06-05, 00:52
  3. Replies: 159
    Last Post: 2017-11-11, 03:58
  4. Get Even (PC, PS4, Xbone)
    By Qalbert in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2017-02-20, 22:08
  5. Double Dragon IV (PC/PS4) 01-30-2017
    By 6souls in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 2017-02-03, 21:56
  6. Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide (PC/Xbone/PS4)
    By Qalbert in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 2016-12-01, 13:36
  7. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2014-02-19, 07:01