Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 521
  1. #381

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    22,003
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Ya I agree with that. I just remember being bored as shit during some parts of the later books. He introduced a few too many new POV characters a bit too late in the game for me to give a shit. Kinda similar problem to what we talked about with Expanse and Tanaka/Kit
    if Erikson introduces even a single new character in The Crippled God that book is getting yeeted

  2. #382
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,776
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    I will say that I am a big fan of the choice of Graham McTavish for Dijsktra. He doesn't get a huge amount of screen time but he's very solid casting

  3. #383
    I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26,240
    BG Level
    10

    only played the games. 4 eps in. is gud so far

  4. #384
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,856
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    if Erikson introduces even a single new character in The Crippled God that book is getting yeeted
    Yo it's Erikson. Of course he's going to.

    I'm on Bonehunters now and mostly pleasantly surprised with how many familiar people are around. But there's still new ass POV characters I don't give a shit about.

    Still no chapters about my bae Anomander though

  5. #385
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,776
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    I am amused that the big reveal to close out the season is clearly supposed to be some kind of big shock, but anyone who has read the books or played 3 already knows what's up.

    Overall I'd rate Season 2 as an improvement, but as previously stated you'll just need to disconnect it from the establish canon(s) and just treat it as it's own universe. By the second half of the season it's basically completely disconnected from the books.

  6. #386
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,856
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    I mean isn't that how big reveals in adaptations go? If you've read the source material you won't be shocked. I would've been more surprised if it was the other way around like the Eskel shit.

  7. #387
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,673
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    I wanted more Jaskier than we got.

    I’ve only played W3 so I’m not salty like the fans on Reddit, boy are they vitriolic about this season.

    I also didn’t see the big reveal coming at the end, I’d completely forgotten about that aspect, in hindsight it’s obvious.

  8. #388
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,856
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Just finished ep 3

    Spoiler: show
    Wtf is that second monster that killed the Leshy??

  9. #389
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,776
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Just finished ep 3

    Spoiler: show
    Wtf is that second monster that killed the Leshy??
    Spoiler: show
    They get to that, they introduce a couple monsters not seen before in the books or games

  10. #390
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,856
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    "It took me until the 4th verse to realize there were different timelines"

    Rofl

  11. #391
    Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    21,329
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    I haven't read the books or played the games get fucked

  12. #392

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    22,003
    BG Level
    10

    while i'm all for adaptations taking liberties if it results in a better product the major issue here is that the choices the show makes are almost always worse than those in the source material, and the showrunner explicitly promised not to do what they are doing

    The Witcher showrunner and Executive Producer, Lauren Schmidt Hissrich, said of the seven season plan, “It would be a straight translation of the books… I think there's just so much material that I don't feel the need to start inventing my own to keep it going.”
    idk thought season 1 half sucked and half was decent. faithfulness aside a lot of the acting / casting was mediocre and the aesthetics were kinda shitty. starting season 2 meow hope it's better.

  13. #393
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,009
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    I haven't read the books or played the games get fucked
    Same, and I enjoyed season 1. Going through with season 2 now.

  14. #394
    Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    21,329
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    Quote Originally Posted by Emphasis View Post
    Same, and I enjoyed season 1. Going through with season 2 now.
    I am like maybe 20-30 minutes into Witcher 3 where you ride the horse into the first village. I really only use the game for benchmarking and stuff as I don't really play single player games.

    I don't watch much tv or many series either, Witcher season 1 is one of my two favorites along with Loki... and maybe House.

  15. #395
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    70,557
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    I am like maybe 20-30 minutes into Witcher 3 where you ride the horse into the first village. I really only use the game for benchmarking and stuff as I don't really play single player games.

    I don't watch much tv or many series either, Witcher season 1 is one of my two favorites along with Loki... and maybe House.
    You'll get some Witcher 3 hints this season.

  16. #396
    Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    21,329
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    You'll get some Witcher 3 hints this season.
    Yeah I found out the horse's name was Roach That's about as far as I got.

  17. #397
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,776
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Geralt names all his horses Roach, there's never a specific one

  18. #398
    Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    28,444
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    I haven't read the books or played the games get fucked
    Me too. I love this show

  19. #399
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    70,557
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Geralt names all his horses Roach, there's never a specific one
    Except when they're not his type.

  20. #400
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,856
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    I enjoyed this season a lot and I've read and the books and played the games. I don't mind the original storyline they explored a bit, we got some cool monsters out of it.

Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3001
    Last Post: 2021-04-22, 01:38