Page 21 of 151 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 420 of 3009
  1. #401
    I like to eat food
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9,064
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Zzsark View Post
    So I just unlocked HR and I'm wondering what the best way to progress is. Should I max out regular sets or jump in and get the early HR gear going?
    Start getting HR sets. They have more skill points and higher defense naturally.

  2. #402
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,725
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    If you've just hit HR the simplest option is to do SOS flares for more Zorah. Easy encounter that doesn't give a shit about your gear. Most of the Zorah gear is not great, but the raw weapon damage and armor values being so much higher is a great boost for getting into HR

  3. #403
    I like to eat food
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9,064
    BG Level
    8

    The Zorah set is considered a HR armor set? I can't find a LR Zorah set.

  4. #404
    Running Hell
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,232
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    Zorah is HR but you won't be able to see HR armors until a little bit further into the HR story quests. I believe they show up once you kill Pukei Pukei. As far as armor progression I stuck with LR Rath mix and just joined a few SOS Rath quests until I could upgrade the pieces. The only piece that's a bitch to craft is the body since it needs a ruby and people have a hard on for capping everything in this game.

    Besides that your priority should be your weapon since the jump from LR > HR is typically 20+ True Raw and a lot of weapons get a sliver of Blue Sharpness which is another 15%~ boost. If you feel you are dying a lot due to excessive damage you can upgrade your LR armor since armor spheres drop like candy but if you've kept up with upgrades it shouldn't be too much of a difference. Rathalos is a joke if you keep a healthy supply of Flash bombs and bugs to craft more and you might get lucky with an investigation that gives a gold tier reward since those give gems at a decent rate. Also bring lots of dung bombs because HR especially becomes a clusterfuck of monsters all gang banging each other and Bagel Goose dropping explosive turds over everything.

  5. #405
    I like to eat food
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9,064
    BG Level
    8

    Speaking of Flashbugs, where;s a good place to farm them. I found 3 or so spawns in Coral that are close to each other, but is there another place?

  6. #406
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,725
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    I'd just say keep progressing in the game until you unlock them for Botanical Research.

  7. #407
    Running Hell
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,232
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    You should be able to grow them in the farm at this point if you are at HR. Make sure you do all the villager requests (Bounty Deliveries and Quests) since that's how you unlock more materials for cultivating and the 2nd/3rd farm slots. In fact the quest descriptions of requests will tell you what they unlock like "Upon first completion more materials will be added to the Botanical Research Station".

  8. #408
    I like to eat food
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9,064
    BG Level
    8

    I haven't hit HR yet. I'm at the Rotten Vale still, didn't get to play last night. Only have the one box available and I believe I completed all the quests/deliveries so far.

    I'll just wait it out. Was using my Flashbugs and pods for Legiana farming so I'm running low.

  9. #409
    Bard-turned-Miner
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,648
    BG Level
    7

    For HR armor, the only difference between the alpha and beta versions is the built-in skills vs open slots, right?

  10. #410
    I like to eat food
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9,064
    BG Level
    8

    Yeah, the Beta stuff lets you customize your sets with jewels.

  11. #411
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,725
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    There are slight visual differences between the sets as well, which is also deathly important in the game of Fashion Hunter.

  12. #412
    AoE
    AoE is offline
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    7,117
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Dunno what my weekend is gonna bring exactly but we should all try to get together this weekend and help each other out.

  13. #413
    Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,995
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    15 Leginias and the two gems I got were from gold rewards >.>.

    SnS is fucking crazy now that new jump attack from the back charge is fucking ridiculous.

  14. #414
    Electric Six groupie
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,451
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

    I'm still LR in the Corals. I've been trying to advance the story and complete optional quests, but I haven't really touched the Investigations unless I wanted some particular monster items. Is there a compelling reason to complete the investigations before moving on with the story?

  15. #415
    I like to eat food
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9,064
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybar View Post
    I'm still LR in the Corals. I've been trying to advance the story and complete optional quests, but I haven't really touched the Investigations unless I wanted some particular monster items. Is there a compelling reason to complete the investigations before moving on with the story?
    Not at all. The optional quests are what give you the upgrades. The investigations are just so you can farm monsters and get a chance for extra rewards.

  16. #416
    Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,995
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    So is handicraft gone as something you need no matter what? As much as that nerf sucks I'm kinda glad I don't have sacrifice everything else to have it.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  17. #417
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,725
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    What I said earlier was a mistake, it can still let you reach further sharpness levels. That said, with no purple sharpness in this game, Handicraft isn't quite as important as it could be.

    It also has no effect on the Nergigante weapons (since they have a full bar already) which seem like some of the better weapons in the game with only one monster being immune to Dragon element and Elderseal being so useful at the end game.

    I'm gonna use it for some sets, but it's definitely not required for a lot of weapons now.

  18. #418
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,951
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Both my Rathian and G.Jagris Gunlances are 190 Raw blue sharpness with some amount of empty bar left, but Handicraft+5 only gives white sharpness to the Rath GL, the other just fills the rest of the bar with blue. Some weapons get to white sharpness with it, others stay blue. You need to have it at +5 and just look at the weapon to find out.

  19. #419
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,725
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    lol, first time fighting the final boss of story mode and he coughed up the gem, hellz yeah

    Edit : random aside, Mega Potions now work with Wide-Range

  20. #420
    Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

    The Immortal Bill Duke

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    15,697
    BG Level
    9

    plunderer's blade get, its on an poppin now

Page 21 of 151 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Monster Hunter Tri
    By Kyo in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 725
    Last Post: 2011-03-30, 12:38
  2. Monster Hunter Unite: The Hunt Begins!
    By Jefe in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 594
    Last Post: 2010-02-11, 16:21
  3. Monster Hunter Frontier On Xbox 360
    By Ragnell in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 2010-01-26, 15:05
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2009-12-23, 13:01