Page 58 of 151 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 ... LastLast
Results 1141 to 1160 of 3009
  1. #1141
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,817
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    What is max pursuit and Treasure level. Been doing this for like three hours solo and I'm only pursuit 3 and treasure 7.

    Also, how many times do you ahve to break the horns to finish the quest. I've chipped them once, and have broken them two more times, in subsequent quests, but I don't know if you have to break them so many times in a quest or just enough, in the various tries, to completely break them.

    *edit*

    Ya, I'm pretty much boned at this point. With Partbreaker L3, Artillery L2, and Guard 5 to survive, I just can't do enough damage to the horns, in the last room; ~10 Wyrm Rounds and ~15ish Sticky 1 bombs + megabarrels, and this is with Elementless Griffon Bazooka too, so I can't get a higher powered weapon. Reward is 9, but I hear full groups are getting up to 17, and my Pursuit is basically stuck at L5, and though I'm not sure how high it can actually go, I maybe get 100 a pop now, as Goldylocks instantly goes into room two. I'm sure I could do it if I had more time on the last room, but it's just too short a time-limit and explosives are the only thing that does any reasonable damage to the horns, which are the only thing that matter in the last room.

  2. #1142
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    543
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Pursuit max is 6 and guessing it's from collecting tracks, treasure is from breaking its parts, highest I got was 17 due to 2 failed attempts.

    As for solo, the only ways that might be possible are critical draw dragon piercer or cluster spam hbg if the time limit is strict. Might just want to join a hub focusing on it since it doesn't scale.

  3. #1143
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,197
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

    17 reward level said it was max for me last night when we killed horns.

  4. #1144
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,691
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Oh man the Kulve armor is actually pretty good. Definitely gonna have some good uses for some of those pieces.

  5. #1145
    I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26,189
    BG Level
    10

    yeah you get a shit ton of skills and even slots with full alpha
    body piece was unique. probably going for that first.

    i got this weird purple DB that's essentially a higher damage/lower paralyze dark ripper. didn't seem overly useful

  6. #1146
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,817
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Any tips for getting Kulve's Glimstone? I get get the gold plating pretty easy, but I don't see how I'm ever getting the final horn break or breaking the tail in the last phase. Also, Tailshells seem like a pos to farm too, as all I seem to get are other crap that drops every time. I have some 50+ of those two, but only 5 tailshells. At this point, I'd like to just finish the armor, but not sure how likely that is atm.

  7. #1147
    United States of Smash!
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    8,818
    BG Level
    8

    What is the HR requirement for Kulva? I wasn't able to find much information about it on the web via google. Also is it worth soloing at all or is it just going to give me a bunch of materials I can't use to actually craft anything?

  8. #1148
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    543
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    I think it's HR 16+, so right after the story finishes. She hits like a truck, so be careful if armor isn't fully augmented. It's probably best to at least do it in a group of 4, might take one more run compared to a full hub, but that allows you to increase the reward level to max. There was a video on youtube of cantaperme soloing it in 20 min on db, but when even he took 8 mega potions to beat it, it might be better to suck it up and join hubs doing it. Failure via carting isn't too bad since progress isn't reset until you win/leave the hub.

    For glimstone, I'm just hoping it gets added to the melder like deviljho later on, my luck with gems is just terrible.

  9. #1149
    I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26,189
    BG Level
    10

    I've only done it once but I just hopped into someone else's game and joined a random kulve mission in the hub. Seemed pretty easy with 4 tbh

  10. #1150
    United States of Smash!
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    8,818
    BG Level
    8

    Man that is a bummer. I don't have ps+ nor do I have a good enough connection to join a hub with other players even if I wanted. Oh well. I will have to skip it for now.

  11. #1151
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,817
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    I've been doing it solo, but it does take hours. Just got two Glimstones, so now the real block are those damn tail shells.

  12. #1152

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    922
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    I'm planning to do it enough to get the armor overlays, and hopefully that will net me enough materials for the armor pieces I actually want for builds.

  13. #1153
    Tio Derp
    DHC Glitch of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    739
    BG Level
    5

    Can this dragon even die? Seems to always run away in the end

  14. #1154
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,197
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

    It's probably very difficult to kill it from level 1 survey. I generally always see it dead on the 2nd one at survery 4 to 6.

  15. #1155
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,817
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Beat it Solo, HBG, at Level 5. Got into a grove where I could use Wyvernfire with relative safety, then blue him up with 2x large bombs and another to the face, after stunning him. Got a bunch of weapons out of it, but sadly, no HBG from this one success, but I got an R6 one on the failed one yesterday. I think I have a Golden weapon of every type now but LBG and Hunting Horn. Still need Tail drops, to get a full set of armor, but thankfully, wishlist is delivering. Time for another round.

  16. #1156
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,197
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

    (So here's the final rundown on the Taroth weapons.)

    There are 26 per weapon:
    - 13 Rarity 6 that are pretty much universally trash
    -- 10 of these are using existing weapon trees as a template (such as "Claw" for Odo or "Glutton" for Jagras) and 3 are Iron reskins with more unique stats.
    -- The true raw on these is like 30-50 under the below versions, which is below virtually all existing weapons.

    - 10 R7; the above mentioned existing weapons.
    -- This can be a different rarity than the existing weapons; "Claw" LBG is r7 where Odo LBG (Karma) is R8.
    -- Mostly the same elements but they differ in atk, element strength, slots, and in the case of bowguns the ammo counts are slightly different (gold Jagras HBG has 6 Spread3).
    -- Songs are the same for Horns
    -- From what I glanced over, some the R7 HBGs have Heart/Snipe swapped. Like gold Jagras has Snipe.

    - 3 R8; the iron weapons. These usually have a more generic quote like "Water" or "Sleep".
    -- Unique as far as stat distribution, ammo lists, song lists, etc go.

    Scattered in there are some new things like Wide4 Gunlances.

    This totals 364 new weapons, though half of that is actual trash pretty much (the R6s). So 182 actual usable weapons. The previous final-upgrade weapon count was about 288 (+ or - counting stuff like USJ longsword or next week's Dante CB).

    So uh, yeah.

  17. #1157
    Myr said I should dodge roll
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,060
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Fiendish One
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Btw, he can be slept in the last area. Sleep coats proc'd, planted bombs in his face, and BEWM. Was fun.

  18. #1158
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    543
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Any clear winners with the weapons? I managed to get the gold jagras hbg, which seems to be a nice upgrade. Not sure what augments to give it though. Gonna try to get diablos CB just for gold reskin and any lv4 gunlances.

  19. #1159
    I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26,189
    BG Level
    10

    i got the gold ice DB last night. Gotta free the element so it's really only useful with wearing a lot of the kulve set.
    honestly it's just a worse version of the freeze chain II, which i never use anyway

  20. #1160
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,197
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

    Speaking in extremely broad strokes:

    If you are Horn, Hammer, CB, GS, or LS you didn't get anything really notable. The same or worse as what you had before. SA has a r7 version of Diablos axe so that's an extra augment at the cost of a R1 slot.

    HBG and LBG got more than a few cool new toys.

    If you like element or status, chances are you got a lot of new options that are either better or don't require free element (or the ones that do hit previously unobtainable milestones).

    Bows idk.

Page 58 of 151 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Monster Hunter Tri
    By Kyo in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 725
    Last Post: 2011-03-30, 12:38
  2. Monster Hunter Unite: The Hunt Begins!
    By Jefe in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 594
    Last Post: 2010-02-11, 16:21
  3. Monster Hunter Frontier On Xbox 360
    By Ragnell in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 2010-01-26, 15:05
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2009-12-23, 13:01