Page 82 of 151 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 132 ... LastLast
Results 1621 to 1640 of 3009
  1. #1621
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,197
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

    Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    Regen is ass on LBG/HBG because it only counts the first hit of pierce or one bullet for any spread shots; not certain about rapid fire lbg but still. Might be semi-usefull on Diablos HBG if you're just using Normal shots, but not over affinity augments, and I still only ever had one R8 gun agument, so I haven't even played around to know for certain how health would be on it.
    Sticky still heals quite a bit, as does Wyvern. Pretty much only Spread gets shafted.

  2. #1622
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,721
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    With proper meter management SA is still very good and can put out damage in line with everything else. Basically unplayable without Evade Extender 3 imo, but that's a story for another day.

  3. #1623
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,042
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Finished all the quests, the last one in the arena is way easier than the one in MHGen. Also did the Arena quests to get the Divine Slasher, they were the hardest fights in the game for me.

  4. #1624
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,819
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Arena HP is scaled for 2 people, so if you try to solo them, it's much harder.

  5. #1625
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,042
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    That would explain why they took so long to die, but I bet playing weapons I haven't used took a major part.

    Only thing left is to farm for attack jewels but it's so boring, I've already killed them so many times, I tried to do some online to spice things up but it only makes things last a LOT longer than playing alone, plus people randomly dying and failing the quest.

    I miss G-rank / Hall quests, at least any help was better than no help as long as they didn't cart, but since HP scales down when you're by yourself, if the other players run around in circles they only make a fight last 10+ minutes instead of half of that.

  6. #1626
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Icarian View Post
    That would explain why they took so long to die, but I bet playing weapons I haven't used took a major part.

    Only thing left is to farm for attack jewels but it's so boring, I've already killed them so many times, I tried to do some online to spice things up but it only makes things last a LOT longer than playing alone, plus people randomly dying and failing the quest.

    I miss G-rank / Hall quests, at least any help was better than no help as long as they didn't cart, but since HP scales down when you're by yourself, if the other players run around in circles they only make a fight last 10+ minutes instead of half of that.
    Hahaha don't farm for any specific jewel in a quest. The most you'd do is peer into the elder melder's future and see if you're lucky enough to get a decent drop at some point. I said this before but I got my 2nd attack jewel like 400 hours into the game, and I still haven't seen Capacity Up.

    And the weapons in arena tend to be OK, but it's the skills/armour you get that generally suck ass.

  7. #1627
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,721
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    For PC I most definitely just used Cheat Engine to give myself a couple gems (1 Tenderizer, Protective Polish, and Capacity Boost).

    Wasn't gonna go all out and ruin half the "fun" of farming/grinding, but definitely wanted to open up a couple builds right off the bat, mostly Royal Burst Gunlance.

  8. #1628
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,721
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Joe coming to PC tomorrow.

  9. #1629
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    126
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Stormreaver

    Can't wait for jho. Seeing my friends being new to MH bash their heads against normal nerg for hours and hours made me smile.

  10. #1630
    United States of Smash!
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    8,818
    BG Level
    8

    I don't know why but for whatever reason regular Jho was never really that hard to me. T Jho on the other hand is impossible but regular jho is a pushover. I don't understand the hype.

  11. #1631
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,721
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Because by the time they introduced Joe people were already kitted out in fully augmented gear.

    When you're meeting him for the first time on curve it's a whole different story. Or when you're dealing with a level 140+ Savage Deviljho guild quest who can one shot with basically every single move.

  12. #1632
    United States of Smash!
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    8,818
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Because by the time they introduced Joe people were already kitted out in fully augmented gear.

    When you're meeting him for the first time on curve it's a whole different story. Or when you're dealing with a level 140+ Savage Deviljho guild quest who can one shot with basically every single move.
    Except I did meet him for the first time on curve. I beat him and made Reaver Calamity way before getting to Xeno Jiva. Way before augmenting or having any r8 gear. Way before Elder Dragons. I think I used the Tobi Kadachi longsword to beat him until making his long sword then I beat him with that until I could make his armor.

  13. #1633
    I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26,197
    BG Level
    10

    jho really sucks with db so i had troubles off the hop

  14. #1634
    Cyn
    Cyn is offline
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,104
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Jho was literally the Bazel of previous MH games.

  15. #1635
    Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    22,163
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    So I bought this because my friends were all playing.

    I've soloed my way up to... Investigate the unknown monster tracks.

    No idea what I'm supposed to do now.

    It's p easy so far, hoping it gets harder now.

  16. #1636
    Bard-turned-Miner
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,648
    BG Level
    7

    Do random quests or expeditions, you'll find tracks for the unknown monster and eventually unlock the next assignment.

  17. #1637
    Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    22,163
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    I think only the hard quests (6* and up) progress the quest. I did a whole bunch of normal ones and nothing happened. Did 1 hard one and got like 30% of the bar.

  18. #1638
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,399
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Honestly, this was my first Monster Hunter game ever, and the first truly hard thing in the game was Nergigante, which I think is what the quest is that you're on now?

  19. #1639
    Cyn
    Cyn is offline
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,104
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    He's on Pink Rathian I think.

  20. #1640
    Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    22,163
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    It should be Nergigante

Page 82 of 151 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 132 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Monster Hunter Tri
    By Kyo in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 725
    Last Post: 2011-03-30, 12:38
  2. Monster Hunter Unite: The Hunt Begins!
    By Jefe in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 594
    Last Post: 2010-02-11, 16:21
  3. Monster Hunter Frontier On Xbox 360
    By Ragnell in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 2010-01-26, 15:05
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2009-12-23, 13:01