Page 89 of 151 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 139 ... LastLast
Results 1761 to 1780 of 3009
  1. #1761
    Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    21,329
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    Man it's annoying when shit runs away. Just killed the poison spitting thing and good thing I happened to test out bow on that mission lmao made it so much easier.

    Was going to stick with it but I might go hammer or Lance just for the charge I really hate running after stuff lol.

    Also, fuck the random Trex that keeps interrupting my quests.

  2. #1762
    I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26,228
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Mertron View Post
    i have not played or posted in this thread in a while but i am here for my dual blade brothers



    Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Probably another dumb question. How do I check the materials I’ve gathered so far from an expedition? Like hides and stuff like that. Can’t seem to find it anywhere on the menu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    I'm not sure if there is an inventory screen for monster material. I could be wrong though.
    Item box > Sell items > R2 (or whatever the button is for PC to move to the next list) > full list of all your ores/hides/gems/whatever

  3. #1763
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,195
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Man it's annoying when shit runs away. Just killed the poison spitting thing and good thing I happened to test out bow on that mission lmao made it so much easier.

    Was going to stick with it but I might go hammer or Lance just for the charge I really hate running after stuff lol.

    Also, fuck the random Trex that keeps interrupting my quests.
    Oh you're going to LOVE Bazelgeuse.

  4. #1764
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,291
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Also, fuck the random Trex that keeps interrupting my quests.
    Keep shit on you at all times. Literally. Hitting a monster with a dung pod or 2 will make them run away.

  5. #1765
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,693
    BG Level
    10

    Monster Hunter: World (PC/PS4/XB1) - January 26, 2018

    Feel like such a scrub. Can’t do shit online cuz of everything is “your hunter rank is too low” lol.

  6. #1766
    Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    21,329
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    So last night my wife was making me help her with thank you cards so I played on PC with mouse and keyboard without controller. Holy shit are the keybinds retarded lol.

    So I tried out some simpler weapons and kept doing great jagras to see which I did best with, greatsword 10min dual blades 9 min and hammer fucking 4:50 lmao. I was afraid to try anything more complicated than those because of the keybinds, although I did try charge blade in the training area and I was doing saed much easier which doesn't even make sense.

  7. #1767

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    24,325
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    This gonna be $25 on Black Friday in a lot of places if anyone still wants to pick it up.

  8. #1768
    Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    21,329
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    Okay I'm gonna do hammer and bow, maybe db's mixed in.

    What trees should I craft first for each? Just go bone with everything or kulu hammer?

  9. #1769
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,762
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Really just use what you like as you go along, just making sure you're using up to date gear as you advance in ranks.

    Hammer at the end game is really only down to the Nergigante and Diablos ones. Nergi is a late offshoot of the Iron Hammer, and the Diablos hammer comes from the Kulu one. So keeping those upgraded as you go saves you time farming later.

    Bow and DB both have a lot of useful weapons because elemental damage is so good for them. Whatever tree you're working on chances are it will lead to something useable later on.

    The general rule in monster Hunter games is that faster hitting weapons care way more about elemental damage, and thus have many useful weapons, whereas slow hitting weapons (GS, Hunting Horn, Hammer) really only care about raw damage and will probably only have a couple viable variants at end game if you're min maxing.

  10. #1770
    I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26,228
    BG Level
    10

    Hammer:
    Spoiler: show



    Bow:
    Spoiler: show




    Dual Blades:
    Spoiler: show


  11. #1771
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,693
    BG Level
    10

    Monster Hunter: World (PC/PS4/XB1) - January 26, 2018

    Shoutout to whoever came in last night and helped me body that pukei pukei out of nowhere lol. I could’ve handled it, but thought that was pretty cool nonetheless.

  12. #1772
    Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    21,329
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Really just use what you like as you go along, just making sure you're using up to date gear as you advance in ranks.

    Hammer at the end game is really only down to the Nergigante and Diablos ones. Nergi is a late offshoot of the Iron Hammer, and the Diablos hammer comes from the Kulu one. So keeping those upgraded as you go saves you time farming later.

    Bow and DB both have a lot of useful weapons because elemental damage is so good for them. Whatever tree you're working on chances are it will lead to something useable later on.

    The general rule in monster Hunter games is that faster hitting weapons care way more about elemental damage, and thus have many useful weapons, whereas slow hitting weapons (GS, Hunting Horn, Hammer) really only care about raw damage and will probably only have a couple viable variants at end game if you're min maxing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    Hammer:
    Spoiler: show



    Bow:
    Spoiler: show




    Dual Blades:
    Spoiler: show

    Exactly what I needed thanks bros

  13. #1773
    Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    21,329
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    Welp I fucking sucked at barroth took 27min even with hammer maybe I will do bow.

  14. #1774
    Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    21,329
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    Okay bow and db's are op as fuck bow did it in 19 and that was a lot of time hunting and chasing and db's we're 13min with most of my attacks bouncing off lol.

  15. #1775
    Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    21,329
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    If I cut a tail off do I have to loot it right there or will it be a reward at end or will palico pick it up?

  16. #1776
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,762
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Gotta carve the tail

  17. #1777
    I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26,228
    BG Level
    10

    worst early mhw moments are when you cut off a tail then capture. you probably wont have time to carve dat tail in 20 seconds unless youre directly on top of it

  18. #1778
    Theory Fighter
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,427
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Welp I fucking sucked at barroth took 27min even with hammer maybe I will do bow.
    Maybe you focused on the head since you were using hammer and it's on most monsters the weakest point. Barroth's weakest point is its tiny forearms. It's not that hard to reach because the hurtbox is generous, but if you don't aim for it, the hunt can get quite lengthy.

  19. #1779
    Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    21,329
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    I did lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Taim Meich View Post
    Maybe you focused on the head since you were using hammer and it's on most monsters the weakest point. Barroth's weakest point is its tiny forearms. It's not that hard to reach because the hurtbox is generous, but if you don't aim for it, the hunt can get quite lengthy.

  20. #1780
    Theory Fighter
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,427
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    I did lol
    I knew, hahaha. Next time try the upswing (second level charge) approaching from the side more or less. You'll get a nice hit on the arms. You can also just wail on the legs and do the circle combo on the arms when it's down. Either way, you'll do much better knowing its true weakspot.

Page 89 of 151 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 139 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Monster Hunter Tri
    By Kyo in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 725
    Last Post: 2011-03-30, 12:38
  2. Monster Hunter Unite: The Hunt Begins!
    By Jefe in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 594
    Last Post: 2010-02-11, 16:21
  3. Monster Hunter Frontier On Xbox 360
    By Ragnell in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 2010-01-26, 15:05
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2009-12-23, 13:01