Page 99 of 151 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 149 ... LastLast
Results 1961 to 1980 of 3009
  1. #1961
    I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26,240
    BG Level
    10

    haven't hopped on yet but the quest sounds awesome. do warped feystones pop out too?

  2. #1962
    Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    21,329
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    I've killed nergigante and the wind dragon I have teo and the other one to do.

    How far out am I from doing behemoth and this jagras event I really don't want to miss out on stuff before they are gone but I haven't had any time to play (I'm on PC).

    I'm currently rocking the nerg charge blade and great sword and my set is mostly nerg/rath b and a few others depending on what I'm using weaponwise.

  3. #1963
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,399
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    After the elder dragons, you then have the final boss. After that it puts you at HR 17 I think? But you also gain all the HRs you would have gained from farming other stuff basically which may throw you higher depending on how much you did. After that you're capped again at HR 29 until you beat a tempered monster quest that they give you. And then you will most likely have to grind your way to HR 49 after that which may take a few days depending on play time? And then another tempered monster quest to get to 50+.

  4. #1964
    I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26,240
    BG Level
    10

    behemoth is the most difficult monster in the game. based off how the content was rolled out on console, most people already had full AT kirin/vaal/teo/kush gear before behemoth even came out.
    using base gear might be a rough ride but i dunno



    Tyrannis is the CB meta, for both console and PC.
    (PC meta @ 10:35)
    Only exception I believe is Kjarr Ice CB on 3 star ice mobs.


    And Wyvern Ignition will probably be the meta for GS forever.

  5. #1965
    I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26,240
    BG Level
    10

    gala hat is pretty cool. opened up a few builds for me

  6. #1966
    I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26,240
    BG Level
    10

    having done it a dozen times now, i'm not all that impressed with the jagras quest tbh. you're lucky to get 1 warped feystone every other quest.
    i generally get 31-35 feystones a quest but 30 of them are mysterious or glowing, which can't give you rarity 8 jewels and glowing only gives a 0.045 chance at a rarity 7.

    good quest if you still need rarity 5 & 6 jewels, but if you only need 7 & 8 I'm not sure it's worth while compared to T2 tempers with 3+ reward boxes.

  7. #1967
    Cyn
    Cyn is offline
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,104
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Great for stockpiling for melding if you don't snipe.

  8. #1968
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,805
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh


  9. #1969
    I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26,240
    BG Level
    10

    yeah i saw that vid, along with TheGameconomist's, when i woke up today. i've said it before and i'll say it again, i love autistic people.
    anytime i have something in my head there will be nerds that'll data mine and math it up for me.

    in short:
    pukes = 6% chance of worn, 2% chance of warped
    rewards = 33% chance of 1 worn, 21% of 1 warped

    t2:
    35% chance of worn, per box
    26% chance of warped, per box


    so my initial guess was right. the jagras quest does in fact have a lower chance of warped rewards. it's just the quest is easier and faster to farm, which in turn can equate to more efficient use of your time, assuming you don't mind doing more questing to get those results


    Fyi, TheGameconomist and JinJinx and Tuna youtube channels are the places to go for MHW information. Between those guys there ain't nothing you can't find information on

  10. #1970
    Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    21,329
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    1 shot teo and vaal with gs even though I have trouble killing nerg with it. Was wrecking xeno when the game froze.

    Shit happens way too much.

    I'll try cb later to beat it before the freeze lol.

  11. #1971
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,805
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    yeah i saw that vid, along with TheGameconomist's, when i woke up today. i've said it before and i'll say it again, i love autistic people.
    anytime i have something in my head there will be nerds that'll data mine and math it up for me.

    in short:
    pukes = 6% chance of worn, 2% chance of warped
    rewards = 33% chance of 1 worn, 21% of 1 warped

    t2:
    35% chance of worn, per box
    26% chance of warped, per box


    so my initial guess was right. the jagras quest does in fact have a lower chance of warped rewards. it's just the quest is easier and faster to farm, which in turn can equate to more efficient use of your time, assuming you don't mind doing more questing to get those results


    Fyi, TheGameconomist and JinJinx and Tuna youtube channels are the places to go for MHW information. Between those guys there ain't nothing you can't find information on
    Yeah. This is great for me atm because even though I love the tougher stuff, I hate waiting for my brothers to hop on and make mistakes every so often. It's a good break for a short while.

  12. #1972
    The Fucking Voice of Actually
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    11,057
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    6


    Out RFN.


    OH LAWD HE GONE. Who knows when the chonk will return.
    Now we get AT Lavasioth. Trying it now.

    Doesn't seem much more dangerous than a normal tempered lavasioth. It's pool jump and spit lava balls leave a decoration at the landing point.

  13. #1973
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,399
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Hopefully that Witcher crossover makes it to PC soon.

  14. #1974
    Cyn
    Cyn is offline
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,104
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    I doubt it, they hate us. I'm already assuming they'll fuck PC over with Iceborne as well.

  15. #1975
    I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26,240
    BG Level
    10

    did the gajalaka side quest in the first witcher run. apparently i missed another side quest tho. probably capturing endemic life with a net
    big lavasioth is the same. just spits out jewels now and then instead

    witcher armor is a full set also there's a witcher sns
    lavasioth just gives layered beetle armor

  16. #1976
    The Fucking Voice of Actually
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    11,057
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    6

    With the botanical researcher, you need to run around that area and find a rooted Pukei that's still alive and free it. It'll help you out in the last stage of the boss fight, keep it alive.
    Also, if you do all four of the side quests, you get an attack jewel as a reward along with the Wild Hunt title.
    You only get the jewel once, can't farm em'.

  17. #1977
    I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26,240
    BG Level
    10

    aww shit fam i'm gonna save that pukei now. had no idea

  18. #1978
    Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    21,329
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    Tried to do the double bezel quest. Nope. Sos'd and had 3 dudes wreck it for me while I ran in circles and hitsheathed every few minutes.

    HR 36 feels good man don't care how I got it lol.

  19. #1979
    I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26,240
    BG Level
    10

    bagel squared is when shit starts to feel real real

    i have no idea how many attempts it took me before i soloed it with db, but it was a lot
    ... now bagel is a total bitch even with db 'cause the gear is so broken in comparison to what it was


    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    aww shit fam i'm gonna save that pukei now. had no idea
    haven't been successful with this yet. keep ending up in the jagras area with no way of keeping this fool alive except 3 life powders

  20. #1980
    The Fucking Voice of Actually
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    11,057
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    6

    The camp box has 3 more EZ powder.
    Also, I did it as Long Sword (since that's my main), and LS side swings are great at killing packs of jagras, so pukei takes less damage.

Page 99 of 151 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 149 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Monster Hunter Tri
    By Kyo in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 725
    Last Post: 2011-03-30, 12:38
  2. Monster Hunter Unite: The Hunt Begins!
    By Jefe in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 594
    Last Post: 2010-02-11, 16:21
  3. Monster Hunter Frontier On Xbox 360
    By Ragnell in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 2010-01-26, 15:05
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2009-12-23, 13:01