XBox's and PS4s are being bricked. Laughed when I saw this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa.../ftfy_bioware/
XBox's and PS4s are being bricked. Laughed when I saw this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa.../ftfy_bioware/
Just had my second full system crash on PS4. System was running HOT.
This is a really generous review for only getting a 6.0
Lmao at the cash shop cycle for today:
https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa..._vanity_reset/
How do you fuck up so bad that you create a Cash Shop that doesn't require actual money to be spent or provide nothing to entice people to spend money? If armors do not drop in the damned gameplay, then you absolutely must capitalize on having like 20 armor sets ready to be sold at launch. Truly mind-blowing how bad this development team has handled this.
Anthem is honestly going down as one of the worst launches in gaming history. I wish that was an exaggeration.
Games like this, it's common for stuff to be exploited though and when you're the type to be aiming for world first clears, you're not going to miss out. Loot cave from OG Destiny and the first incursion in the Division where players glitched into a wall and shot down the boss come to mind. The Division had to patch that boss 3 times over the course of a month or so to finally kill the glitch. No bans for either AFAIK. It's easy to take the moral high ground, but when you see others getting a leg up on you and not having to work anywhere near as hard for the gains, it can diminish your own drive to bother playing.
I’d definitely rate this above Fallout 76 but behind XIV 1.0. Idk enough about SF5 to rank it.
That said the idea of the rotating shop with huge countdowns and no way to purchase other things is one of the dumbest shop ideas to come from games in a long time. There needs to be a large permanent shop so maybe just maybe people can spend money on your game.
I see where you’re coming from in the first half, mostly, I do get it. I guess it is easy for me to take the morale high ground here(though honestly inwas arguing more on the fact he knowingly broke the TOS) because I’ve never felt the need to use an exploit for short term game, if the game was so fucking boring to me that I felt the need to exploit it as much as possible to play less of it, I’d just not play it. If the games not fun or rewarding for you without cheating the system or exploiting bugs that’s your own shortcoming or that of the game just being bad or boring. I do not place all the blame on the individual, but nobody forces you to use them and there’s a big difference between legitimately being efficient and exploiting very obvious bugs that put your account at ban risk.
That said, punishment is going to depend on the developer or scope, it’s subjective but as I said, you use an exploit you take your account into your own hands. You can get lucky or get banned. Just don’t cry foul when the hammer tolls for thee.
He deserved his ban, not saying he’s the scum of the earth, I’m not sneering at him or turning my nose cause he used an exploit, though I’m mildly annoyed on him being confused that breaking the TOS gets you banned... it’s the risk you take and maybe you could argue Anthem is really stupid to ban one of their biggest streamers on an already hugely bad game not needing worse PR... and I’d agree 100%.
Also I acknowledge that at least to us he did say using the bug was boring and he just went back to doing it legit. So I cannot stress enough that I don’t think this guy is literally satan for this
I think Fallout games are boring af, so I never bothered with 76 to know. I think a LOT more was expected of BioWare/Anthem than 76, so this would rank higher just on expectations and the effort level; Anthem supposedly took 6 years to build and I'm certain 76 was reused assets thrown together for a quick "between mainstays" cash grab.
You're right about FFXIV 1.0 though. That was def worse than this, but it targeted a smaller market and less people are aware of how bad it was. To the average gamer, Anthem would def be worse.
SFV played fine offline for what it was. The problem with that game is actual design decisions (they made it way too easy). Anthem's problem is "all of the above", outside of gameplay controls. I uninstalled it last night; I'm not going to contribute to this development team in any way.
How did we get from people bitching about "weh triple A game have cash shop cash shop bad" to "cash shop no have enough item to buy"?
You can not like something and point out it’s also stupidly designed.
So having a cash shop to buy items in is bad design because it 'forces you to spend money' on a game you already paid $60 for
But also having a cash shop with fewer items allowing you to buy them 'for free' more easily is also bad design because 'there's not enough items to buy or incentive to spend money'
So what the fuck do you want, exactly?
Idk why it’s so difficult for your brain to wrap around the idea of “if you’re going to do something at least do it right”. Maybe spelling it out will help.
What's your definition of "right"? How does one simultaneously bitch incessantly about there being items to buy while also bitching incessantly about there not being enough items to buy? How does one complain about there not being enough cosmetics before the main way of earning cosmetics is put into the game?
High IQ plays right now, gotta tell ya.
Sometimes that is just how it be on Reddit BG.
I was being mean sorry. But yah, bad ideas can also had bad implementations that seem counter intuitive to their intended purpose. It’s not that complicated.
I’d rather they not be there at all but if they’re going to be at least make it useful.
I don’t care if there is a cash shop in a game (as long as it’s not a P2W one), but if I was going to put one in my game, I’d damn sure give people a reason to spend money in it. They have even failed to do that.
One of the major rules of acquisition: do not make it difficult for the customer to give you money.
Failure one: they got $15 out of me, instead of $65, for the initial investment, knowing there was going to be outrage over this game. The one week headstart cost them so much earnings.
Failure two: spent $0 at the cash shop, when actively checking it for something to buy to look more interesting
Straight dumb af.
Dev stream today at 4 PM ET - https://www.twitch.tv/anthemgame
Going to be a tough one. Their Reddit community manager started replying again yesterday and it sounds like Monday was a huge company meeting to discuss how broken the game is.
Replied threads;
https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa...n_half_of_the/
https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa...gs_just_a_few/
https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa...e_forge_space/
https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa..._muzzle_flash/
https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa...le_builds_can/
https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa...hould_be_able/