https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...up-60m-1216177
Secret Life of Pets 2 is expected to be the bigger box office draw this weekend.
Spoiler synopsis I pieced together. I haven’t watched the film so could be details I’m leaving out but:
Spoiler: show
Spoiler: show
Spoiler: show
This synopsis is pretty accurate.
Spoiler: show
Spoiler: show
The feedback I've gotten from friends so far is "aggressively ok."
I just got back from this. I don't think it deserves as bad as the reviews it's getting but it was still a disappointment for me. Definitely the weakest of the Mcavoy/Fassbender era or whatever you want to call it but I wouldn't call it a dumpster fire or anything. What bothered me the most is they completely altered the story of Dark Phoenix. I understand they can't include certain characters and events because they were never introduced in previous X-men movies but they changed so much and made shit up that never happened in the original comic. The reason I said it doesn't deserve as bad reviews is that the narrative (as modified as it was) flowed pretty well. With all the reshoots this went through whoever edited this thing did a damn good job with whatever they gave him. I'm just sad because this wasn't even remotely close to being as epic as it should have been. The Dark Phoenix saga is one of the greatest storylines in comic history and it's ashame they couldn't do better by it. If you really want to see it don't pay full price. AMC has a $5 movie day or you could go to one of those privately owned theaters that have discounted ticket prices.
If it's worse than Apocalypse then this shit is a no go.
Complete dumpster fire. Sophie Turner is so bad it's cringe-inducing at times and even Jessica Chastain can barely manage to show some life. 3 of us ended up going last night and I was the only one who made it all the way through and I had to grit it out. My buddy Jay found it a better use of his time to wander around the theater looking at the upcoming posters and hitting ineffectually on the female employees. Apocalypse, which is barely watchable imo is a good movie next to this abomination. DO NOT PAY MONEY TO SEE THIS. No amount is worth it.
The first movie I’ve walked out on in a long ass time. Said fuck it and went and sat in the last hour of Endgame.
I don’t even mind the terrible story, but Sophie Turner makes Jennifer Lawrence look like fucking Helen Mirren.
Are we talking a young Helen with the big titties or the older saggy Helen?
Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Saw it. I'd say it's better than Apocalypse, but doesn't come close to Days of Future Past or Logan.
I know they're on a superhero movie break but I'd love to see RLM trash this movie
Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
Former series producer who supposedly had been forced out by Simon Kinberg. It's being rumored that this tweet alone has caused a $10M drop in the opening box office revenue.
yes just look at the engagement on that tweet, much box office drop. what a stupid fucking rumor lol
The tweet has since been deleted.