Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 440 of 732
  1. #421
    Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,542
    BG Level
    7
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

    Just got off the phone with my sister in Tampa. She's been through this stuff all her life ( she's in her late 50's now) so she's taking the necessary precautions at least. She's waiting the next 24 hours to see where it may turn as she has someone close by she can shelter with. She got some help boarding up her windows and storing things already just in case. It's a monster of a storm I am terrified to see the damage.

  2. #422
    I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    17,539
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    Just got off the phone with my sister in Tampa. She's been through this stuff all her life ( she's in her late 50's now) so she's taking the necessary precautions at least. She's waiting the next 24 hours to see where it may turn as she has someone close by she can shelter with. She got some help boarding up her windows and storing things already just in case. It's a monster of a storm I am terrified to see the damage.
    My uncle and I have invincibility complexes. I've been hit 6 times, him 5 on his bicycle.

    We've both been here all our lives, no major hurricane ever hits st pete lol

  3. #423
    BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    10,131
    BG Level
    9

    I saw a interview a little while ago on CNN where a man who lives in the Florida Keys is planning on riding out the storm.. on his boat.

    Stupidest person alive right now.

  4. #424

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    24,308
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl


  5. #425
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,389
    BG Level
    8

    Been helping friends put up shutters and board up their houses since yesterday and still need to help another friend tomm. I'm still honestly not that worried though but I know things aren't gonna be peachy either.

  6. #426
    Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,542
    BG Level
    7
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

    Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    In their defense Publix cakes are delicious.
    But that is in somewhat bad taste yet feel bad for laughing.

  7. #427
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,901
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    My uncle and I have invincibility complexes. I've been hit 6 times, him 5 on his bicycle.

    We've both been here all our lives, no major hurricane ever hits st pete lol
    I dunno man, it looks like if you're in Florida at all you're going to get hit.


  8. #428

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,646
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    Just got off the phone with my sister in Tampa. She's been through this stuff all her life ( she's in her late 50's now) so she's taking the necessary precautions at least. She's waiting the next 24 hours to see where it may turn as she has someone close by she can shelter with. She got some help boarding up her windows and storing things already just in case. It's a monster of a storm I am terrified to see the damage.
    It's a monster, but it's no Andrew.. it wont be a category 5 when it gets there. I think things will be ok.

    And all this fear mongering going on in my hometown of Savannah, Ga. Matthew hit that place as a category 3. Eye passed over it an all, and honestly, I wish I didn't evacuate. It was a pain in the ass to get back into the city.

    The one that really worries me though is the one in the Gulf, doing what most Gulf born Hurricanes do: Sit there, spin forever and get super juiced by the warn water, before moving on to unleash hell.

  9. #429
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,727
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    I decided to stay. I live in Fort Myers, so I should be fine? I had an opportunity to go to GA, but decided a 10+ hour drive is worse than dying in a hurricane.

  10. #430
    I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    17,539
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Aerin View Post
    I dunno man, it looks like if you're in Florida at all you're going to get hit.

    Katrina, Charlie, and Andrew were all supposed to hit my city directly, all curved and fucked some other place up

  11. #431
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    312
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
    It's a monster, but it's no Andrew.. it wont be a category 5 when it gets there. I think things will be ok.

    And all this fear mongering going on in my hometown of Savannah, Ga. Matthew hit that place as a category 3. Eye passed over it an all, and honestly, I wish I didn't evacuate. It was a pain in the ass to get back into the city.

    The one that really worries me though is the one in the Gulf, doing what most Gulf born Hurricanes do: Sit there, spin forever and get super juiced by the warn water, before moving on to unleash hell.
    Andrew wasn't a 5 when it made landfall either. And it was much smaller. One of the smallest major hurricanes actually. It's a baby compared to Irma. That means the destructive winds will have a much larger area of effect

  12. #432
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    4,736
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Wind and rain are headed toward me from these hurricanes and I'm in BERMUDA. I don't know what the fuck these people are thinking. Your houses are made of toothpicks. People were lashing themselves to their houses with rope in between fleeing to whatever houses were left standing after theirs would break down. You know what's going to happen and you decide to sit there and take it up the ass. WHY?

  13. #433
    Ze NinjaSYXX
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,899
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by jacobs67 View Post
    Andrew wasn't a 5 when it made landfall either. And it was much smaller. One of the smallest major hurricanes actually. It's a baby compared to Irma. That means the destructive winds will have a much larger area of effect
    While it was small, we were still totally covered, we got the harder parts of the wind, we also got hit with 175mph winds, that's a cat 5. Lol

  14. #434
    Very Sexy Nerd
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    8,739
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    That track has it going straight through Gainesville.

  15. #435
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Am in Alabama so I guess we're gonna get a metric shit ton of rain/wind

  16. #436
    Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,882
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Irma downgraded to Cat4 while Jose upgraded to Cat4 status...

  17. #437
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    End of the world, etc.

  18. #438
    Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    58,134
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    Last night, the PM of Barbuda said they wanted to evac the whole island ahead of Jose, due to the damage from Irma

  19. #439
    Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,882
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Quote Originally Posted by Cail View Post
    Last night, the PM of Barbuda said they wanted to evac the whole island ahead of Jose, due to the damage from Irma
    If it's possible they should do it. I mean if only 10% of the island structures are still standing, there is no way you can accommodate everyone for shelter.

  20. #440

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    24,308
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Fast food joints are closing around here because they are running out of food. The people evacuating south Florida are taking all of our McDonald's!

Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Wow. This is going to be interesting.
    By Epical in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2005-04-01, 13:58