Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 520 of 1012
  1. #501
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,901
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Is resist instant ko the same as resist petrify? Finding it hard to believe I have no resist petrify accessories

  2. #502
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37,887
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Aerin View Post
    Is resist instant ko the same as resist petrify? Finding it hard to believe I have no resist petrify accessories
    Nope

  3. #503
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,901
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Damn, do you guys have a lot of resist petrify? Did I somehow miss a bunch even after doing all the reissued dungeons?

  4. #504
    Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    8,976
    BG Level
    8

    I only have 2 or 3 iirc. 2 Moderates for sure (Soft Bracer x 2). Then an FFX hat with minor petrify resist as well.

  5. #505
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    441
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

    Quote Originally Posted by Aerin View Post
    Damn, do you guys have a lot of resist petrify? Did I somehow miss a bunch even after doing all the reissued dungeons?
    I have 3 moderate and 2 minor. They're 4* accessories, though, if you typically only keep 5*.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

  6. #506
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,653
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Aerin View Post
    Damn, do you guys have a lot of resist petrify? Did I somehow miss a bunch even after doing all the reissued dungeons?
    There are no 5* petrify resist accessories so far so that's why. The only one I can remember is the Soft Bracer from FFX (4* accessory) but there may be more.

  7. #507
    Professional Pixel Pusher
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,827
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    You don't need stats, you need hones/relics. Motes are absolutely not required for Ultimate (nor any difficulty actually) if you can cover with ability hones and/or relics. It really depends on what you have but honestly Record Spheres only make a big difference with their Legend Nodes and if you have 5* motes you're already clearing Apocalypse+ anyway Some characters get access to new skills with 4* motes as well (Quistis and Alphinaud to name a couple) but those are quite rare.

    Quote Originally Posted by hyoton View Post
    You get a MC3 every week, and you'll get more than you need. What do your characters look like? Motes aren't going to make a difference unless you're really close or you are using 5 star motes (and mote farming is INCREDIBLY inefficient).
    At the moment I just have pretty basic level 80s. Kain has a few relics and abilities mastered as does P. Cecil.
    I have gotten a few of palom and golbezz’s relics so i’ll Likely level them next. I guess my main goals will be to keep leveling people to 50 and getting mirthful for relic pulls.

  8. #508
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,653
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Your team basically needs a Support 5/6* character for breaks (Power Breakdown or Magic Breakdown+ Full Break) and these characters usually come with party buff SBs (Shout on Ramza, Vessel of Fate on OK, etc.), a healer with a SSB/BSB (there are different tiers but any will do for Ultimate) and then a bunch of damage dealers, either mages or melee depending on your buffs. Slot in Tyro as your Support if you have Sentinel's Grimoire or use it as RW.

  9. #509
    Professional Pixel Pusher
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,827
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    My party at th moment from memory is:

    P Cecil - power break and draw/protectga
    Rosa - curaja and curaise
    Kain - magic break and armor break
    Rydia - 2elemental summons thoug I’ve been taking Kirin lately
    Edge - still playing around. Currently blade bash and double cut

    I know it still needs work. Edge is kind of lame from what I see.

    I don’t remember my record materia off hand. Rydia has the smn one for summon recharges.

  10. #510
    Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    8,976
    BG Level
    8

    What relics/soul breaks do you have in regards for an A team?

    What USB?
    What BSB?
    What hastegas?
    Wall? (Ysh Stoneskin II and Tyro Sentinel Grimore)

  11. #511
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,653
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Yep, try to list all of your SBs for any character and we'll work from there.

  12. #512
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1,829
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Vandalhart View Post
    My party at th moment from memory is:

    P Cecil - power break and draw/protectga
    Rosa - curaja and curaise
    Kain - magic break and armor break
    Rydia - 2elemental summons thoug I’ve been taking Kirin lately
    Edge - still playing around. Currently blade bash and double cut
    Yeah you need hones (no 1 star offensive skills) among other things. Do these characters have soul breaks or are you only using IV characters?

  13. #513
    Professional Pixel Pusher
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,827
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Rosa, Rydia and Edge only have default SBs.
    Kain and P. Cecil have USBs and Bursts.

    No hastega, no stoneskin.

    If I need a damage RW I’ll grab one that is limit break with an element against the boss I’m fighting.
    I have been grabbing some party boosting ones lately to play around with.

    Tyro is in my second group so I’ll likely get him to 80 asap and swap him in for someone else.
    I also have D. Cecil coming up too, he has at least Dark Flame.


    I just noticed I have Tidus and his Seekers shield. I’m going to sub him in in place of Edge.

    I’ll make a better list. Give me a bit here.

  14. #514
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,653
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Tyro without SBs is worthless, leave him on the bench. You need to pull for a healer BSB and a party buff, physical in your case as you have stuff for Cecil and Kain. You should also work on creating/honing Knight skills for Cecil and Dragoon skills for Kain. Sadly the 5* ones will take you a while but try to farm those orbs during the appropriate dailies if you have the stamina to spare. Cecil should be using holy elemental skills as much as possible while Kain should focus on lightning (although there's only one good Dragoon skill for that right now). If you score a support BSB/USB even better, pull on the upcoming Lucky Draw for sure as it has all of these options and a bunch of good ones as well.

  15. #515
    Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    8,976
    BG Level
    8

    So first thing. Use mithril and draw draw draw. Build up a decent relic pool. Now don't go chasing after anything in particular. But there are a few banners you can start pulling on for the sake of getting good stuff.

    Current FF3 Banner #1 - Onion Knight BSB on here as well as a few good bursts
    Lucky banner tomorrow.
    Next FF7 Banner #1 -Decent spread of DPS, a medica BSB, and Red XIII USB + BSB.
    FFX Banner #1 - Good Water soul breaks
    FFT Banner #1 - the GOD banner... before the next TG Cid banner

    So why did I highlight Red XIII for the VII banner? Well your party in general is missing a true support. 4* support is necessary to clear content to make damage manageable. Power and Magic breakdowns are a must for damage mitigation. If you want to keep using a FFIV party, then you will need to have Edward in your party. 5* support gives access to full break.

  16. #516
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,653
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Don't forget Dancers, some battles will have multiple enemies and dances are the equivalent of Breakdowns but in AoE form and without any damage. These are not as common but they should be considered as well.
    The current FF3#1 banner offers both a healing selection and OK's Vessel of Fate but you will need to dive OK quite a bit as he's one of the few characters that gain a lot from their Record Sphere. Without it he has a really bad ability selection.
    He's also worthless under lvl 93ish so you need his MC3 as well.

  17. #517
    Professional Pixel Pusher
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,827
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Okay so after looking at the characters I have I noticed I have Palom and Tidus’s SBs that give haste.
    I’ve subbed them in for Rosa and Edge and egged them to 65 and unlocked their levels to 80.

    I also have two or three relic pieces for porom (I may have confused their names) also. He was also egged to 65 and level breaker we as well. Lightning Jump, magic break, power break, mental break, armor break and mind break attacks have been honed to 5. I converted some higher level elemental orbs to get the materials for them. Banishing strike is now level 3 as well.

    For record materias I’m currently using Cecil - attunement ii, porom - whm ability possible double activation, Kain -heart of the dragoon, palom - dagger + magic and tidus - auto haste.

    I’m only listing this stuff on my iPad so it’s harder to jump back and forth to make a comprehensive list.

  18. #518
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,108
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    soliciting legend dive advice!

    i have enough stocked for 2 full mage dives. right now for mages, i have yshtola, terra and raines LD'ed. thinking of doing a lightning mage next, but i'm torn on whether to dive ashe or rafa. i have ashe's BSB+OSB, while i have rafa's BSB+USB. both require an entruster to maximize, ashe is obviously better for straight damage but rafa's USB/BSB combo has great utility in mage parties generally being able to stack 2 MAG buffs + party quickcast.

    opinions?

  19. #519
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,896
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

    Next events in JP are:
    13: Feat. Cid Raine's, Jihl, Fang.
    3: Ingus, Arc, Aria
    Type 0: King and Cinque
    6: Edgar (poison chain pls Dena) and Leo
    11!!!!!!!: Prishe and Zeid, no new characters

    If we continue the trend of FF11 event every 7 months, will make it a year and almost half since XI's last new character addition by the time the next XI event arrives.

    Also 4* magicite holy/dark is Siren (FF5) /Hades.(FF7)

    Edit:

    Report for JP states AV will switch attacks every RL day (solid nod to in game day change mechanic). Gonna get PTSD flashbacks when I do this lol.

    Edit2: Report didn't mention XI event, just the collab, so I think whoever posted the report summary mistook the collab for an actual event.

  20. #520
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,411
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Robertfb View Post
    Next events in JP are:
    11!!!!!!!: Prishe and Zeid, no new characters

    If we continue the trend of FF11 event every 7 months, will make it a year and almost half since XI's last new character addition by the time the next XI event arrives.
    They're taunting me with Luzaf.

    Why is giving XI a 5* support so difficult?

Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1527
    Last Post: 2021-02-18, 11:45
  2. Replies: 1990
    Last Post: 2017-08-31, 16:23
  3. Final Fantasy: Record Keeper 2016 Advancilate Twins
    By synistar in forum Square-Enix Titles
    Replies: 7388
    Last Post: 2017-01-01, 00:43
  4. Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (Smartphones)
    By 6souls in forum Square-Enix Titles
    Replies: 14728
    Last Post: 2016-01-08, 00:20