So she was offered at least 3k per session for multiple sessions.
So basically she's full of shit? Cause 15k seems like a good payday. She wildin if she wanted residuals + six figures.
So she was offered at least 3k per session for multiple sessions.
So basically she's full of shit? Cause 15k seems like a good payday. She wildin if she wanted residuals + six figures.
I found it peculiar the VAs I follow on Twitter didn't say much about Taylor's initial videos. Obviously any sort of reply would open them up to lost job opportunities. They all likely understood Taylor's story did not add up or was omitting information to sway the public.
A bunch of VAs replied to Hale's tweet though since they know she has and continues to advocate for wages and working conditions in the VA industry.
Yeah. A single 3-4k payday does feel low, but if that was for 15-20k, that sounds more like it. I do think VA's should be able to get residuals like other actors, but that's an argument for another time.
Yeah, if it was 4K/session that's a huge difference instead of a flat 4K for a main character
And Hale's twitter account is retweeting the Jason Schreier article along with another article from VideoGamesChronicle.com that corroborates the Schreier article. So I'm guessing it's pretty close to the truth coming out without a 2nd source confirming.
Are people seriously shitting on Kamiya because hes blocking the little shits who think they're entitled to a response from him?
I mean it's Twitter
I do agree that VA's really should get some form of residuals, feel like being a VA is not given the respect it deserves, especially with good VAs being so hard to find... but I don't know enough about the financials behind VGs(that dont involve MTX) versus Movies or any of that to make a fair argument for it. But I do believe video game/Anime/Cartoon VAs get absolutely fucked pay wise for their effort.
As for this whole controversy. (apparently) The SAG recommended pay for a 4hour session is, on the high end, $956. Even in her initial lie, she would have been offered above the industry standard for 4 sessions, which I find kinda funny. Turns out that was the studio, still willing to work with her, offering 4k for a cameo VA session. Yikes shes an ungrateful manipulative little shit if this all turns out to be solidly true.
But based on all the new information it seems she was originally offered 3-4k per session for a minimum of 5 sessions (15k-20k minimum for the game) and declined, instead asking for an exorbitant amount of money for this industry + Royalties. She basically declined what amounts to Mega-star pay according to SAG standards and then when she didn't get what she wanted went to twitter to throw a tantrum and act all high and mighty like she owned the right to voice the character. I mean all else aside, shes never working in this industry again, thats for sure.
Unless I'm mistaken, she didnt get what she wanted a long time ago and waited until the last possible minute to do as much reputational damage as possible by airing out all this dirty laundry a couple weeks before the games release date.
this whole debacle mostly made me aware of how terribly voice actors are paid. 3k or 15k pretty wild for the lead performance for a franchise that's grossed, what, $100 million or so in revenue with 2.5ish million lifetime sales.
nothing you do in twenty hours is integral to bringing in $100 million of revenue
given how important acting is to bring vidya characters to life, or how a game's tone/writing/emotional impact can be absolutely ruined by shoddy work, it is a criminally small portion of overall revenue. at the least yes they ought get get some measure of royalties.
pay them anything and everything to avoid having to suffer through something like the Final Fantasy 7 Remake again
FF7R voice acting a living hell or something?
I don't know if I'd go that far, it was better than the vast majority of SE games but not up to the level of work we see these days.
https://twitter.com/hellenataylor/st...ztoBRgYuaenzBw
tldr she claims she was offered 10k, negotiated it up to 15k then refused the job, later down the line was offered 4k (where that number came from) to do some cameo lines, refused that and then went on the Twitter rant/boycott.
edit : beaten-ish
She apparently pulled the 450 million dollar in sales figure she's thrown around but taking the VGChartz number of 7.5 million sold and multiplying it by 60
Yeah, her entire story reeks of bullshit with that tidbit. Why'd she leave that out? She'd have a better chance of convincing people saying they offered her 15K then shot it down to 4K (unless this is going back to the 4K/session for ~4 sessions). And since she keeps bringing up those sales numbers it sounds like she thinks deserves more just because of the game making "450 million"