Page 79 of 85 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 ... LastLast
Results 1561 to 1580 of 1681
  1. #1561
    Campaign
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    6,547
    BG Level
    8

    Don't forget to get your 20 wins for 5 mythril for the month of September

  2. #1562
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    28,670
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    Quote Originally Posted by Pirian View Post
    Don't forget to get your 20 wins for 5 mythril for the month of September
    Add to that, if you haven't, complete your 10 record keeper dungeons (not realm dungeons) for 3 mythril as well

  3. #1563
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,411
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Is anyone else skipping the Greater/Major/Upgrades portion of the ticket orbfest?

    I dont see how 2 majors are worth the lost crystal when you get 20 or so greaters per fight on the crystal stages.

  4. #1564
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1,829
    BG Level
    6

    I'm doing the majors for the completion rewards, skipping white/nonele/summon majors. 6 star skills so far still don't give much utility and there's plenty of 5 star utility skills to hone.

  5. #1565
    Campaign
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    6,547
    BG Level
    8

    How are the major orb drops? How many drop per giant?

  6. #1566
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,949
    BG Level
    10

    7 major, 2 crystals.

  7. #1567
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,108
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    do we get an actual mythril gift like the past 'fests/which banner does it coincide with?

  8. #1568
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,949
    BG Level
    10

    We get that today.

  9. #1569
    The Real Cookiemonster
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,842
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Not going to lie, taking out the last nightmare and unlocking magicite was actually one of the more satisfying gaming experiences I had the last few years.


    Edit: then I went into the magicite dungeons thingiemabob and saw that they all started at 250 and I didn't feel so good anyway xD

  10. #1570
    Campaign
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    6,547
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Not going to lie, taking out the last nightmare and unlocking magicite was actually one of the more satisfying gaming experiences I had the last few years.
    Yeah they were fun. My only complaint is that they made them with zero replayability

  11. #1571
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1,829
    BG Level
    6

    Threw fire team with locke aosb at judges battle and beat it with few hitches. Edgar tripled to wipe the party when the hp differential got too great between two of the judges on one run then saved the next run with a quad on gabranth+enfeeble. Thanks gar.

  12. #1572
    Pseudo-Elitist
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3,503
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Quote Originally Posted by Pirian View Post
    Yeah they were fun. My only complaint is that they made them with zero replayability
    I wouldn't say that's really a negative, farming magicites isn't exactly engaging.

    And God forbid you try without a drop tracker...

    Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

  13. #1573
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    982
    BG Level
    5

    For folks who have both Elarra USB, and Aerith USB2 - which do you prefer?

    I have both, but I have found that Aerith's USB has been more helpful everywhere I use it - but my Elarra is only half-dived (out of 5* spirit motes). Aerith has USB2, is fully dived, and has double cast LMR, so she heals the shit out of everyone, and last stand is just icing on the cake - should I even dive Elarra for the double-cast at this point (I could really use the spirit motes on Rydia)?

  14. #1574
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,653
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Sumy View Post
    For folks who have both Elarra USB, and Aerith USB2 - which do you prefer?

    I have both, but I have found that Aerith's USB is has been more helpful everywhere I use it - but my Elarra is only half-dived (our of 5* spirit motes). Aerith has USB2, is fully dived, and has double cast LMR, so she heals the shit out of everyone, and last stand is just icing on the cake - should I even dive Elarra for the double-cast at this point (I could really use the spirit motes on Rydia)?
    Elarra is for magic teams, Aerith for physical. Elarra can stack her USB Quickcast with Allegro so mages will go immediatly and spam spells.

  15. #1575
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    982
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Elarra is for magic teams, Aerith for physical. Elarra can stack her USB Quickcast with Allegro so mages will go immediatly and spam spells.
    I am aware of that - but in practice, I have not been able to get this to work. Taking Elarra to King Behemoth has been a death sentence since her healing (without doublecast) cant keep up.

    With Aerith, I'm pretty much guaranteed to get either a double-cast, or group-chase in the first 3 actions -- and either is enough to keep everyone alive until her SB gauge is built.

    Elarra... someone dies, since I cannot get double-cast (until she is completely dived - which is what I'm currently trying to decide) and her chase is from Bard Abilities and I've only seen it proc once, for about 1500 hp.

    I guess I HAVE to full dive her. If only 4 other characters were not waiting on Spirit motes >.<

  16. #1576
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,653
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Well you can't really compare a dived healer to someone who isn't... Aerith with her USB offers nothing but Last Stand to your magic party and at that point you might as well pick another healer with a USB that benefits your party more.
    Elarra fits all parties and I don't have many issues keeping people up with her USB's Regenga and doublecast. Allegro is hard to fit if you need Shellga/Protectga though.

  17. #1577
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1,829
    BG Level
    6

    Are you breaking the savage mode on KB? Outside of savage mode elarra is going to easily out heal KB (personal experience).

    Aerith has a higher % chase and it's from white magic, but her ult is a worse eiko for KB. You aren't bringing enough defenses or something for elarra then.

  18. #1578
    Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    8,977
    BG Level
    8

    Elarra with USB + Angelsong is sufficient for KB even with Savage mode + Earth Guardian buff. Maybe if I had double Blade Ward 5 + a Spell Ward 5 I could do without Earth Guardian and run Midgardsormr as main for a quicker kill. Don't need LM2. Helps but with proper use of defending vs Hurl it should be all OK. I only use BSB once (first SB while using Gathering Storm RM) for the Last Stand safety net. Heck if I had more earth orbs, I would run Alphinaud over Curilla who sits pretty in the corner for half the fight.

    Also use them waters (sucks but just clear those record dungeons). The extra HP really does mean something. The 7k hits during savage mode + EnThunder really really hurt and would proc Last Stand otherwise.

  19. #1579
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    982
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by hyoton View Post
    Are you breaking the savage mode on KB? Outside of savage mode elarra is going to easily out heal KB (personal experience).
    With Elarra, we don't even GET to Savage mode - someone always KO'd in the first 4 turns.

    Elarra with USB + Angelsong is sufficient for KB even with Savage mode + Earth Guardian buff. Maybe if I had double Blade Ward 5 + a Spell Ward 5 I could do without Earth Guardian and run Midgardsormr as main for a quicker kill. Don't need LM2. Helps but with proper use of defending vs Hurl it should be all OK. I only use BSB once (first SB while using Gathering Storm RM) for the Last Stand safety net. Heck if I had more earth orbs, I would run Alphinaud over Curilla who sits pretty in the corner for half the fight.

    Also use them waters (sucks but just clear those record dungeons). The extra HP really does mean something. The 7k hits during savage mode + EnThunder really really hurt and would proc Last Stand otherwise.
    I think this was what I was looking for - what I don't want, is to use the next 60 5* spirit motes on Elarra, instead of Rydia (who is also part of my KB team), and be exactly where I am now (a healer that cant even get me to turn 5).

    Currently I'm running:
    99 Rydia
    99 Tyro
    99 Red XIII
    99 Aerith or Elarra
    99 Maria

  20. #1580
    Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    8,977
    BG Level
    8

    Turn 4 is physical attack with +atk slamming down. You have to Power break it on turn 3.

    For a sec I thought we were in the magicite thread but here's the turn script for Torments + 5* magicite. It's all scripted.

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=502481914

    Protect + wall + power breakdown is sufficient for mitigation. My setup from the other thread

    Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    KB Down. Only took all my earth orbs hah.
    Curilla - Mental BD | Protectga - USB - Mako
    OK(LD) - R4 Chain Stonega | Power BD - mUSB - Dr. Mogs - LMR
    Maria(LD) - R4 Chain Stoneja | R4 Chain Stonega - BSB|AOSB - Tyro RM99
    Rinoa - R4 Meltdown | R4 Titan - Earth SSB|BSB1 - +30% Earth Damage RM
    Elarra(LD) - R4 Curada | R2 Angelsong - BSB|USB - Gathering Storm
    Main: Earth Guardian - Sub: Slyph | Midgardsormr | Krysta | Evrae (Health Boon)
    You have to defend with Slot 1 before turn 15. Slot 2 on turn 18. Slot 5 on turn 25 and Slot 4 on turn 28. Assuming you are not pushing phases faster. Move your biggest DD to slot 3 and 2nd DD to Slot 4. Haste caster can be on Slot 2 - first dispel haste is on turn 13, then pop defend til turn 18 Hurl.

Page 79 of 85 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1527
    Last Post: 2021-02-18, 11:45
  2. Replies: 1011
    Last Post: 2018-01-03, 14:53
  3. Replies: 1990
    Last Post: 2017-08-31, 16:23
  4. Final Fantasy: Record Keeper 2016 Advancilate Twins
    By synistar in forum Square-Enix Titles
    Replies: 7388
    Last Post: 2017-01-01, 00:43
  5. Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (Smartphones)
    By 6souls in forum Square-Enix Titles
    Replies: 14728
    Last Post: 2016-01-08, 00:20