Page 27 of 63 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 540 of 1255
  1. #521
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,585
    BG Level
    10

    Evo 2018 - It's called a Ki Blast

    Dead ass. I just now realized my obsidian has a touch pad strictly because of Lokus lmao.

    Anyone up for a few games later tonight? I’m up for some Hyper or ST when I get home.

  2. #522
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,389
    BG Level
    8

    I'm down for some games when I get home. In regards to ST, I think Valle said Turbo Speed 3 (ingame it'll show 2) is the equivalent to whatever people use at the arcades for tournaments.

    edit: Played a couple matches in each game online and didn't really have any issues. No crazy rollback or feeling like I'm playing underwater. We'll see how long that lasts though.

  3. #523
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,585
    BG Level
    10

    Got to mess around with SF30th anniversary the last two days. The netcode is so god damn hit or miss. When it's good it's playable, when it's bad it's the worst shit I've ever seen in an online fighting game. A lot of people are convinced it's some kind of desync bug. Been mostly playing A3 and ST. Criminal what they did to Rose's Soul Illusion from A2 to A3. Still salty about it after all these years lol.

    The UI works extremely well even if it is hideous. You're in and out of games in seconds with the almost nonexistent loading. Hopefully "if" there's ever any future update they do some polishing with it. I'd also like them to add a "Random Game" option for online matches. That'd be fun as hell. Regional fucking matchmaking. An online replay feature to check out others.

    Other than the cool museum, the training modes and the games themselves are pretty barebones. Which I honestly don't care about, but I know some are salty about that.

    EDIT: lmao https://clips.twitch.tv/ResourcefulA...onCoolStoryBro

  4. #524
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    5,360
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

    I can see the use for tournaments, but idk why anyone would play that collection at home over just using fightcade. Better netcode, less input lag, can choose opponents based on ping, can play anything online rather than just those 4(hello A2), macros for pad, etc. Training mode is nice, but you can do that on emulator as well with scripts.

  5. #525
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,585
    BG Level
    10

    Because no one wants to play against the same 3 or 4 Brazilians and a Singaporean over and over. For all the shit people talk about "just use fightcade," it's seems pretty damn empty all the time. At least this collection opens it up to a huge and willing player base.

  6. #526
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    5,360
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

    Depends what you wanna play. There's always a decent amount of NA players on 3s, like 70 in there now at 1am on a weeknight. Alpha isn't popular, but I can't imagine many people will stick around for long for it on the anniversary collection either.

    I mostly use fightcade to play friends, but I don't have trouble finding randoms to play whatever when I try. I even get people hopping over to shit like jojos and karnovs to challenge me if I lurk in those rooms lol. There's also a discord that might be good for finding people as well, but I haven't tried it.

  7. #527
    Been Here Longer Than you
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,826
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Because no one wants to play against the same 3 or 4 Brazilians and a Singaporean over and over. For all the shit people talk about "just use fightcade," it's seems pretty damn empty all the time. At least this collection opens it up to a huge and willing player base.
    This is basically my experience with SFV ranked. All that garbage ever did was place me against people from 3rd World Latin American countries with shit internet.

  8. #528
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,198
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    This is basically my experience with SFV ranked. All that garbage ever did was place me against people from 3rd World Latin American countries with shit internet.
    i dont know what you played but definitly not SFV


    Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

  9. #529
    Straight Ca$h Homie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    10,942
    BG Level
    9

    He's not lying. It's why they introduced the connection requirement for matchmaking. People from Brazil constantly join my lobbies. What's more annoying is that the game considers them 4/5 bar connections.

  10. #530
    Been Here Longer Than you
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,826
    BG Level
    10

    Don't you live in Europe? So you have no idea what you're talking about, correct? You never fail to impress.

  11. #531
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,585
    BG Level
    10

    Evo 2018 - It's called a Ki Blast

    Is regional matchmaking difficult to implement or something? You would think that would be the most common sense shit in anything online, and yet here we are.

    EDIT: and for the record I’m not knocking fightcade at all. I use it from time to time when I get the Last Blade 2 itch. My point is that the thing is almost always a ghost town for anything outside 3S and KoF98.

  12. #532
    a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    25,954
    BG Level
    10

    Killer Instinct's netcode is still by far the best I've experienced in a fighting game. Every other developer should just be licensing whatever tech they're using.

  13. #533
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    11,977
    BG Level
    9


  14. #534
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    5,360
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

    Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Is regional matchmaking difficult to implement or something? You would think that would be the most common sense shit in anything online, and yet here we are.
    No, but it has been a major problem in a ton of games in recent years, like dota, wow, and pubg.

  15. #535
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    20,640
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

    Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    Fantastic tournament. Ready for more on the way to EVO.

  16. #536
    Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,687
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    i dont know what you played but definitly not SFV
    It's always best to assume Weltall is lying anytime he says anything about SFV.

    Go to CFN, search for Weltall, sort by highest average league rank and you pull about 50 ranked games (34 separate matches) from December. Of those 34 opponents, 20 from USA, 3 from Canada, 1 from Mexico, 1 from Honduras, 2 from Peru, 1 from Ecuador, 1 from Brunei, and 5 unknown/default SFV flag. I wouldn't call 5 (or 6 if you want to count Brunei as a 3rd World Latin American country) out of 29 "all it ever did," but that's me.

    edit: Just discovered you can look in a profile and see last ranked matches in order. None of Weltall's last 23 ranked opponents have been someone from Latin America (he had a match against two players from Israel and Jamaica, both of whom he rematched). Opponent #24 was someone from Mexico. "all that garbage ever did"

    CFN makes calling out posers super easy.

  17. #537
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Jesus that's hilarious, but probably not for the reasons you're thinking of.

  18. #538
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    20,640
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

    Hey man, investigative journalism.

  19. #539
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,188
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    That's funny for all of the reasons.

  20. #540
    Straight Ca$h Homie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    10,942
    BG Level
    9

    LOL DO ME DO ME

Page 27 of 63 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Wii RPG (can't remember name) edit: It's called "Fragile"
    By Amiel in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 2008-01-31, 13:33