Page 32 of 63 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 640 of 1255
  1. #621
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,108
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    re: new character rumors, i came to the conclusion long ago that i don't give a shit what they introduce into SF5. they could hit every checkbox on my personal character wishlist from dudley right down to demifiend all decked out to solo the true demon ending, and it wouldn't matter one bit. ultimately i'm going to be stuck trying to enjoy a watered-down version of a character i love, crammed into a system that i hate and find deeply unfun.

    other people obviously feel differently, and i hope all of their character dreams come true, if it'll grant them some tiny shred of joy.

    [EMP]put_anything_in_sf5_who_fuckin_cares

  2. #622
    Been Here Longer Than you
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,887
    BG Level
    10

    I'm with you. I'm an Ibuki fanatic and I probably played her for less than 4 hours in SF5. It's just a bad game.

  3. #623
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    they should just get tekken x street fighter, and leave the tekken guys in charge of that, bc at least they know how to make a fighting game vs whatever SFV is. Akuma in Tekken is so much more fun than SFV and I'm ass in general.

  4. #624
    Been Here Longer Than you
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,887
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Maybe NRS is giving Wizard some McRib money to still have the game. Either way, NRS games have shit staying power so it's not unusual.

    In other news, EvoJapan will be in Fukuoka, Japan from February 15-17, 2019. It's waaaay the fuck away from Tokyo.

    https://twitter.com/EVO/status/1015384942660841472
    This is terrible for people from EU/US wanting to go. I've been to Fukuoka and it is like a 5 hour bullet train (so $500-600 round trip) from Tokyo. I guess you could fly into Osaka and maybe save $100 and 2 hours. Also, it is easily the worst city I've been to in Japan. If you go all the way to Japan and just go to Fukuoka, you're a dumbass. So if you go, take at least an extra week off and spend time in either Osaka+Kyoto or Tokyo.

    Edit: Also, early year again? Literally the best country on Earth to visit and I imagine a lot of FGC people's first/only trip ever to Japan, and they are doing absolutely nothing right for the player experience. I guess it is just entirely not affordable to do it during a month that is worth a shit to go there.

  5. #625
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    This is terrible for people from EU/US wanting to go. I've been to Fukuoka and it is like a 5 hour bullet train (so $500-600 round trip) from Tokyo. I guess you could fly into Osaka and maybe save $100 and 2 hours. Also, it is easily the worst city I've been to in Japan. If you go all the way to Japan and just go to Fukuoka, you're a dumbass.

    Edit: Also, early year again? Literally the best country on Earth to visit and I imagine a lot of FGC people's first/only trip ever to Japan, and they are doing absolutely nothing right for the player experience. I guess it is just entirely not affordable to do it during a month that is worth a shit to go there.
    Isn't this only a week or two out from Lunar Year Year too? That seems like it'd be problematic from the airport point of view too if that were the case, though I could be off on my dates.

  6. #626
    Been Here Longer Than you
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,887
    BG Level
    10

    If it is around Lunar Year, then there will be a billion Chinese tourists there, making all travel options more expensive (and miserable). The Japanese absolutely loathe the Chinese tourists btw. Once, I tried to help a Chinese woman talk in Japanese to a cab driver and schedule a 4AM pick up for her 20 crew-deep family. The cab driver literally told me she was Chinese so no, and then my Japanese friend I was with told me twice to stop helping because they are Chinese and stupid. I can only assume she asked me (white dude with no Asian heritage) because she knew the JP passerby would not help. I kind of laughed, but felt bad because she was clueless and trying to take 20 people in a cab drive to Osaka....which would have cost a fortune compared to just taking the train >_>

    It is just a stark difference because the Japanese are the most friendliest people I've ever encountered (to an extreme level that is almost unbelievable), so long as you aren't Chinese.

  7. #627
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,679
    BG Level
    10

    I had a ton of my friends over for the 4th of July. Towards the end of the night we decide to play some street fighter. We played SFV for maybe 20 minutes, and proceeded to switch USF4 for the next three hours lol. God I missed that game. Forgot how much fun Rose is.

  8. #628
    Straight Ca$h Homie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    10,942
    BG Level
    9

    Same thing happened to me at CEO. I went 3-2 in pools, got to play Daigo in what was a fun set. Soon as I was eliminated, my boys and I played IV for the rest of the weekend.

  9. #629
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    70,502
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2018/...rt-has-ceased/

    Season 4 SFV rumor: C. Viper, Q, Oro, Necro, and Sodom.
    The leaker is now saying that Makoto & one other will be added as well. 8 fighters for Season 4 with two of those to be free.

  10. #630
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,125
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    oro and q were my top 2 favorite in 3rd strike, here's hoping they're at least not trash tier and that oro still has the chicken loop

  11. #631
    Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,687
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Maybe NRS is giving Wizard some McRib money to still have the game.
    Since Evo 2017, games must meet one of three requirements to make it to Evo main stage:

    1) pot bonus from game developer
    2) tens of thousands of dollars in charity donations
    3) be Smash

  12. #632
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,108
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

  13. #633
    A. Body
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,167
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    smuggggggggggggggggggg pls

    pls

  14. #634
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,390
    BG Level
    8

    Smug holy shit!

  15. #635
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,108
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    the sponsors just gifted tokido $110,000. are you fuckin' kidding me with this shit, a commercial break in grand finals???

  16. #636
    A. Body
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,167
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    what the fuck @ eleauge. You take a break mid grand finals?!?
    fucking iced smug with that break he had so much momentum going into the reset. They killed it

  17. #637
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,390
    BG Level
    8

    Really hate the amount of breaks... rip esports. Smug was channeling turkey neck bones all night.

  18. #638
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,108
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    #staged #esports

  19. #639
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    All the bitching going on, I just said on twitter, but I'm wondering if the majority of the complaining I see would be that bad had Tokido come from losers, had his 'momentum' ruined, and then lost to Smug. Nah, we'd be all talking about how Smug's MVP, etc.

    Plus..players like Fchamp do this shit all the time where they take a break after a match, go sit on character select after a loss and just wait to stall out time.

    Smug still beasted. Good on him for finishing #2.

  20. #640
    Straight Ca$h Homie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    10,942
    BG Level
    9

    Tokido doesn't take breaks. He drinks his water and meditates but he likes playing through shit. Anything could have happened in that final set.

Page 32 of 63 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Wii RPG (can't remember name) edit: It's called "Fragile"
    By Amiel in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 2008-01-31, 13:33