Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 380
  1. #341
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,802
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Something else is afoot here as this steamrolls. You would think Disney's legal department would have seen something like this coming if this is about to become 3, 4, 5, or more headliners filing lawsuits over the streaming service releases. Maybe this is Disney saying "we have to get the schedule ball moving again" and just are internally baking in settlements as the cost of doing business and a cheaper option for them instead of waiting to release some of these titles and losing out on bigger revenue spacing for films like Spiderman and Dr. Strange that will have a larger impact down the line than Black Widow does right now.
    This. There's no way Disney just glazed over those provisions being in the contracts and just went ahead with it anyway. All these guys will probably see a payday settlement and they will move on.

  2. #342
    Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    8,964
    BG Level
    8

    It's all the studios. Emily Blunt & John Krasinski have a suit against Paramount over The Quiet Place Part II's streaming release . And it's likely Blunt will have a suit against Disney over The Jungle Cruise's Disney+ concurrent release.

  3. #343
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    22,830
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    Just got back from seeing the movie. I really like it and I am glad we FINALLY got a Black Widow film. And happy to know it was a good one. Very minor gripe regarding an anachronism:

    Spoiler: show
    Twilight sparkle didn’t exist in 1995. No MLP even came close to remotely looking like her back then. How did the prop guys miss that one? Lol

  4. #344
    BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    10,118
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Just got back from seeing the movie. I really like it and I am glad we FINALLY got a Black Widow film. And happy to know it was a good one. Very minor gripe regarding an anachronism:

    Spoiler: show
    Twilight sparkle didn’t exist in 1995. No MLP even came close to remotely looking like her back then. How did the prop guys miss that one? Lol
    Dang.. you have amazing eye for detail. How long was that on screen? Two seconds?

  5. #345
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    22,830
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Dang.. you have amazing eye for detail. How long was that on screen? Two seconds?
    lol. I wanna say you can see it at least 3 times, but each time fairly short. My daughter has the exact same doll, so it stood out to me right away.

  6. #346
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10,421
    BG Level
    9

    I thought it was pretty good. It just came out way too late. I think pre-endgame might have been better, or even post civil war.

  7. #347
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    22,830
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Just got back from seeing the movie. I really like it and I am glad we FINALLY got a Black Widow film. And happy to know it was a good one. Very minor gripe regarding an anachronism:

    Spoiler: show
    Twilight sparkle didn’t exist in 1995. No MLP even came close to remotely looking like her back then. How did the prop guys miss that one? Lol
    People are starting to go down the rabbit hole with this thing btw. Interesting theory:

    Spoiler: show
    Tara Strong voiced both Twilight Sparkle and Ms. Minutes. Some people think this was done purposeful to suggest Black Widow takes place in a different timeline. Maybe to hint that BW is going to be involved in the Multiverse of Madness. Obviously no longer sure if that's happening with the lawsuit going on, but I dunno if they've already finished filming it already anyway.


    I'd say that is either that or another red herring to get people talking and it will all come to nothing.

  8. #348
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,907
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    I don't think it's anything. Probably just something fun they threw in because of Tara Strong.

  9. #349
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,464
    BG Level
    7

    Guys Twilight Sparkle is obviously Mephisto in disguise. I'm 10,000% positive this time.

  10. #350
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,883
    BG Level
    10

    I mean... That doesn't even make much sense.

  11. #351
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,464
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    I mean... That doesn't even make much sense.
    Ten
    Thousand
    Percent

  12. #352
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    22,830
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    I don't think it's anything. Probably just something fun they threw in because of Tara Strong.
    Yeah but that seems weird to do in these big budget films. It could be just be a fun Easter egg, but it is just so out of place. I def think it was purposeful. Whether that means fun joke or something else. I can’t see them making this mistake.

  13. #353
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,883
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Yeah but that seems weird to do in these big budget films. It could be just be a fun Easter egg, but it is just so out of place. I def think it was purposeful. Whether that means fun joke or something else. I can’t see them making this mistake.
    8 YEARS LATER

  14. #354
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,802
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Sometimes easter eggs are just easter eggs mang

  15. #355
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,411
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Sometimes easter eggs are just easter eggs mang
    But sometimes they are incubators for the next MCU big bad in Mephisto.

  16. #356
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,883
    BG Level
    10

    Problem with the MCU is that people are so excited about the possibilities they read into every little thing that happens, like if Tony Stark says "I love you 3000" they'll find a way to connect that to Kang being from the 31st century.

  17. #357
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    15,631
    BG Level
    9
    Blog Entries
    101

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Sometimes easter eggs are just easter eggs mang
    Nope, not allowed. It's just Marvel subverting expectations to piss off fans.

  18. #358
    Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,882
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Disney cancelled ScarJo’s next project which was a live action Tower of Terror movie. This was expected since you can’t sue the House of Mouse and not expect any repercussions.

  19. #359
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,411
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    I just chock this up to Ryan Reynolds and ScarJo not wanting to work together in the MCU and Deadpool wins out.

    Im fine with this outcome.

  20. #360
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,802
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Ya I mean you gotta figure she knew that was gonna happen

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast