Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 286
  1. #141
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,559
    BG Level
    10

    Wonder Woman 2: 1984 (December 25, 2020) - Just A Trash Can

    Felt like a shitty Brian Singer version. Right down to the stupid premise and shitty last minute costume designs lol.

    Spoiler: show
    I just couldn’t stop laughing when Diana straight up took over some poor innocent dudes body to bring back her lover. Would’ve been awesome to see the random guys reaction on where the fuck he’s been at after Diana renounced her wish lol.


    I did like the emphasis on Diana’s lasso usage being so versatile. Felt at times she was part Spider-Man, part Scorpion, part Thor lol. Kristen Wiig has always been weirdly hot too.

  2. #142
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10,421
    BG Level
    9

    So... meh?

    Spoiler: show
    When she got her powers back and "swung" I was like OK Spider-gwen... God so much mehhhhhhhh. The fighting was meh. I did enjoy Chris Pine a ton in this movie though. Basically from when he came on to when he left was basically a decent movie. So many plot holes and zero closure. Lynda Carter cameo was kinda funny I guess

  3. #143
    Cardiac Cat
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,604
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

    So anyone that's using HBO Max, having any issues with buffering and shit mid movies? I have 1G net and nothing else does this, but Max stutters like 30x a movie.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  4. #144
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,559
    BG Level
    10

    I watched it at my mom’s house with her fisher price internet and it ran just fine.

  5. #145
    okay guy I guess
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    24,390
    BG Level
    10

  6. #146
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,751
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Spoiler: show
    Holy shit that was bad. The only good scene was the opening games with Diana as a child. Wife and I loved the first one but this one is a train wreck of shitty action and worse exposition. I guess it's a good thing I subbed to HBO max for $14 instead of paying like $30+ to see this in the theater. Thanks covid.

  7. #147
    okay guy I guess
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    24,390
    BG Level
    10

    I did not have "major DC movie prompts online discourse on the concept of consent" on my Christmas bingo card, but here we are

  8. #148
    Zombie Apocalypse Princess

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    117
    BG Level
    3

    Was the title of the thread always like this, or did someone update it with those last four words today after seeing it?

  9. #149
    Kevin Chang
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,681
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    This plot MacGuffin was fucking worse than time travel, which I absolutely abhor, and there was insufficient spectacle payoff to deal with the stupidity and accept it as just a turn off your brain flick.

  10. #150
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    12,621
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    This movie was so bad I feel like I just wasted 2 hours and 30 minutes of my life. Hard to find anything good about it

  11. #151
    Kevin Chang
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,681
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    This movie was so bad I feel like I just wasted 2 hours and 30 minutes of my life. Hard to find anything good about it
    I mean Gal Gadot is gorgeous so like the hour of screen time watching her wasn't a complete waste.

  12. #152
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    12,621
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    I just realized they didn’t even catch the villain at the end LOL. Like how.....

  13. #153
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,559
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    I just realized they didn’t even catch the villain at the end LOL. Like how.....

  14. #154
    Kevin Chang
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,681
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    That guy not trying to get Diana's name and number at the end was the most unrealistic part of the movie.

  15. #155
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,559
    BG Level
    10

    Wonder Woman 2: 1984 (December 25, 2020) - Just A Trash Can

    Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    That guy not trying to get Diana's name and number at the end was the most unrealistic part of the movie.

    I still find it crazy...

    Spoiler: show
    How the moral and ethical implications of straight up stealing an unknowing and unwilling individuals body for the sake of reviving your lover was never addressed. On the contrary Diana seemed to straight up not give a shit and only renounced her wish to save the world, not the innocent man himself lol. She not only raped the individual but felt no remorse putting the body in harms way.

  16. #156
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,812
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    I still find it crazy...

    Spoiler: show
    How the moral and ethical implications of straight up stealing an unknowing and unwilling individuals body for the sake of reviving your lover was never addressed. On the contrary Diana seemed to straight up not give a shit and only renounced her wish to save the world, not the innocent man himself lol. She not only raped the individual but felt no remorse putting the body in harms way.
    Spoiler: show
    She didn't rape him though because weird wish magic made all of it go away. Or Something.

    Idk shit plot was shit.

  17. #157
    Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,882
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    I still find it crazy...

    Spoiler: show
    How the moral and ethical implications of straight up stealing an unknowing and unwilling individuals body for the sake of reviving your lover was never addressed. On the contrary Diana seemed to straight up not give a shit and only renounced her wish to save the world, not the innocent man himself lol. She not only raped the individual but felt no remorse putting the body in harms way.
    Spoiler: show

    (in honest trailers voice)
    Wonder Woman Two...Blinded by the Diiiiick

  18. #158
    Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    18,834
    BG Level
    9

    This was a comic book movie and it was super comic-booky. It made a lot of references I appreciated.

    I also don't know what visual issues people had. I saw it on a movie screen, maybe it looked different on television?

    I enjoyed pretty much all of it. Even the cheesy parts where 80s cheesy and that worked for me.

    It could have been shorter?

    Anyway, I liked it.

    Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

  19. #159
    Ker
    Ker is offline
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,571
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    I'm honestly impressed this movie managed to have a 3rd act worse than the first film.

  20. #160
    Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    18,834
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    This plot MacGuffin was fucking worse than time travel, which I absolutely abhor, and there was insufficient spectacle payoff to deal with the stupidity and accept it as just a turn off your brain flick.
    100% disagree. Time travel when used as a solution to a problem sure, especially when used poorly. This wasn't the case, it literally was the whole problem and the thing Diana was setting out to solve.

    Do you guys read comics? Maybe I've just been immunized to this kind of thing because it happens like 3 times a year in comic books.

    I actually do have a criticism now that I'm reflecting on it:

    Spoiler: show
    The final confrontation between Max and Diana was a rehash of her fight with Ares (thankfully not as out of nowhere and obviously tacked on) but another "Wonder Woman tries to push through to reach villain putting out overwhelming force as stuff flies around her." The speech and the way she solved it at the end was classic Wonder Woman though. I also enjoyed the take on Max's powers.


    Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 438
    Last Post: 2020-08-07, 10:11
  2. Wonder Woman (June 2, 2017)
    By 6souls in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 376
    Last Post: 2018-03-10, 17:34
  3. Bond 25: November 8th, 2019 -- The Man Who Hated Playing Bond
    By Serra in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2017-08-17, 14:50
  4. Amazon (Wonder Woman TV Series on CW)
    By 6souls in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 2013-05-17, 00:23
  5. Wonder Woman not coming soon to NBC after all
    By 6souls in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: 2011-07-27, 05:43