Spoiler: show
Spoiler: show
Spoiler: show
Thought it was great.
Spoiler: show
Spoiler: show
Not really a spoiler, but I lol'dSpoiler: show
Saw this last night and I enjoyed it. Definitely got caught off guard at the mid credits scene. Was not expecting that. Took my cousin who doesnt go to superhero movies all that much and he liked it.
https://www.slashfilm.com/spider-man-contract/
If this film doesn't make $1B, Sony will regain full control of the Spiderman franchise. If it does, Marvel will be allowed to do a third.
On my way to go see it another 50 times.
Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Lmfao wtf, Sony fucking retarded if they think their in house talent can produce a movie as successful as these have been.
Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
It's already at 600 million. It will easily clear 1b. I'm curious what Sony is actually expecting. They're banking on their villain cinematic universe but no one has been able to do 2-3 movies in a universe without it crashing and burning. Considering what Marvel has invested in Spider-Man and Tom Holland I don't doubt there will be another deal where they get even greater control of Spider-Man. They're just biding their time until Sony screws up.
Marvel gets nothing out of this other than being able to use Spider-Man in it's movies. Sony still gets all the profits from the films. I'm not sure how that works with Avengers and such, but the solo films at least.
They can always go back to trying their hand at it. ASM cost about 300 mil with marketing and cleared $757 mil world wide. ASM2 was even more expensive and made about $700 mil.
Both Homecoming and Far From Home have cost about 100 mil less and cleared more. (FFH has "only" made $600 mil but it's been a week)
They would be retarded to take control back. Besides, it's only an option, it's not like it said "MAKE THIS OR ELSE" Though, Sony's track record of movie making decisions is pretty awful.
Let's keep our fingers crossed.
Homecoming was fantastic imo. I can't really say much that hasn't already been said, but I am very interested to see where it goes from here
Have they even talked sequels yet? I feel like spiderverse was a one shot
Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...s-sony-1164210
Yes. Sequel and all-female spin-off. There has also been talk of a Miles live-action.