I actually missed that (no TV, and got into my car right after the grand slam happened). Team has been completely fucking imploding the last two weeks. Bumgarner has always had a bit of a temper, and I know these last two seasons have not gone the way he wants with all the stupid injuries. Honestly though, with the exception of Bochy and a couple of key players, the whole team needs a reboot.
We have a #1 starter (Bum), a number 3 starter (Rodriguez), a Catcher (Posey) and Shortstop (Crawford) and that's really it. I wasn't happy with the Longoria trade, and we got 3 more years of that, Shark sucks ass and we got two more years of that. We have no outfield, a first baseman made of glass, our second baseman forgot how to hit, our #2 starter is out till probably August or September of next year at the earliest due to Tommy John, and really no depth at any position outside of maybe catcher surprisingly.
We have 142 million in payroll committed to next year already, not counting arbitration eligible and free agent players on our 25 man roster for next year. 21mil is for Cueto who won't contribute, Samardjiza is 19.8mil for what I'd be happy with a 4.5 ERA and 11 wins next year, and Melancon is due 19mil next year. Hopefully he can be good to be the closer next year. Jesus fuck we're a mess.
XI Wiki


