The best part about Thanos was he wasn't typical, he kept his word, which if this was DC they would have just gone "haha now you die", the typical bs.
The best part about Thanos was he wasn't typical, he kept his word, which if this was DC they would have just gone "haha now you die", the typical bs.
He left Thor to presumably die and killed the 300 dwarves. He didn't always keep his word.
I just googled multiverse/omniverse a little in MC lore but didn't get to deep into it. Can any current superhero power/device/tech/weapon of the gods in the current MCU do anything like tap into other universes? Like maybe those dusted away really are "dead" but some (like those still with movies coming out) who exist in alternate universes cross over to "replace" the originals? It would give them free reign to basically retcon any super power or personality type they wanted to but on the surface feels like it might be too cheap still especially with nothing having been pre-established or mentions (that I'm aware of anyway, only watched the movies, not any series or one-shots) of alternate realities anywhere so it probably would be coming out of no where I imagine?
Thanos did the minimum necessary to preserve his plan.
Nothing more.
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
It's a known fact that Infinity Stones and their powers are isolated to their own universe. Doom has a completed gauntlet, but it's from another universe so it doesn't function. I don't know the logistics exactly but it makes me believe that the stones do not have any power that would be dependent on crossing universes.
As far as cross universe stuff we've actually seen... Franklin Richard once created a replacement reality, where heroes were still alive, after everyone died fighting Onslaught in the 90s. The heroes broke down this reality at the conclusion of the Reborn arc and then returned to the true 616 reality, only everyone that died vs. Onslaught was now alive. Spider-man had a team-up with different Spider-people (including Spider-Gwen, Miles Morales from the Ultimate universe, and Spider-pig) at one point.
I checked. He said "I thought if i did what he asked they would be safe".
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
He killed the Asgardians because they are a powerful warrior people led by Thor who threatened his plan. He killed Heimdall because Heimdall can use the bifrost and send people who threaten his plan to safety. He killed Loki because Loki pulled a fucking knife on him. None of those were "needlessly" when it comes to Thanos's master plan, which is the only reason he would kill anyone - if it were necessary to serve his master plan. What movie did you even watch?
And yeah, he killed all the dwarves and shut down their forge because they could make weapons that could threaten his master plan. The Avengers should presumably be on the list as well under that logic, but by the time they got around to actually trying to murder him he already had enough stones that they weren't a real threat to him anymore.
Now that i think about it the guardians actually screwed everything up. If Gamora hadn't insisted on going after the reality stone and Peter hadn't been Peter, and they just would have helped Thor, Thor would have Stormbreaker earlier AND Thanos would have had less stones.
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Going for my second viewing tomorrow. Tickets have been sold out all week!
Best series to come outta Screen Rant.
Too much I can say and not a lot of time to get it all out, so I'll just say a few things.
This movie was extraordinary!
I'm surprised no one specifically brought up the funny comment Thor brought up about taking "I am Groot" as an elective on Asgard. I thought it was really funny.
With all of the theories going around about how none of the "Avengers" from Avengers 1 turned to dust, why did Maria Hill and Fury get turned into dust when they were important characters and had pivotal roles leading into and including Avengers 1?
Because their roles will be pivotal to Captain Marvel.
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I find this funny.
![]()
^ this is absolutely the correct order.
I’m honestly suprised none of the characters called Thanos out on the obvious hole in his plan, could he not have solved the problem by simply using the gauntlet to make more resources instead of killing half the universe? Honestly seems like something Tony would have called him out on.