Page 103 of 203 FirstFirst ... 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 ... LastLast
Results 2041 to 2060 of 4044
  1. #2041
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    23,594
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by milez View Post
    Seems a little ridiculous to get bent out of shape cause a patch or pin on the wrong side lol
    People get bent out of shape for much less all the time. Just check the PC principal thread or all of twitter and half of reddit

  2. #2042
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25,823
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    People get bent out of shape for much less all the time. Just check the PC principal thread or all of twitter and half of reddit
    Which is also ridiculous, yeah?

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  3. #2043
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,083
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by milez View Post
    Seems a little ridiculous to get bent out of shape cause a patch or pin on the wrong side lol

    Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk
    It might not seem like a big deal, but it matters. It's a standard that service people are held to, it elevates them when in uniform, that they're being held to a high standard when they wake up in the morning and put on their uniform. So when she goes on national TV and fucks up something as simple as her tag and ribbon placement, it speaks volumes even if she obviously (probably) didn't mean to do it.

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  4. #2044
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,083
    BG Level
    10

    It falls under the umbrella of "man that's fucked up. I'm not gonna waste my time going on and on about it, but just so were clear I think that's fucked up".

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  5. #2045

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,431
    BG Level
    7

    Yeah its pretty obvious we have a lot of folks who've never been in the uniformed services

    It's a big deal to them, and she should have known better.

  6. #2046
    Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    28,390
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    It's a big deal, not a huge deal. Shes representing her service branch wearing her uniform, especially on TV like that. She represents the uniform and everything it means, the history, the sacrifice, and knowing all that she fucked up like she did. She shouldn't be lynched, but people should def rag on her for not double checking herself before she went out and represented the military like that.

    The closest I got to the military was jrotc in high school and even I'm a little irked by it lol.

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    I was in the Boy scouts and her uniform totally bothers me too. Either she put on her flair while it was on the bed and not actually on her body, and or she was super nervous about being in front of thousands of people. I don't think the military trains people in how to deal with a stadium of people.

  7. #2047
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,083
    BG Level
    10

    Yeah I'm sure it wasn't malicious, but damn girl cmon da fuck you doing? I see those stripes on your sleeve, you shoulda known better.

    It's cool tho, I'm sure she'll report back to work the next day and her team is gonna give her shit about it for weeks lol.

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  8. #2048
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    23,594
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    Which is also ridiculous, yeah?
    In a way. But it's part of the job. Every job has things an outsider would laugh at. And appearances matter in how the public receives you and that's very important for any large organization. People equate sloppy looks (and yes that is what this represents) to sloppy work and lack of professionalism. Most importantly this is what is drilled into as being expected and uniform adherence to rules is pretty big deal for the most part in the military. Should've known better never gunna live it down honestly not sure how no one pointed it out before then.... unless they don't like her lol

  9. #2049
    Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    18,819
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    I don't think the military trains people in how to deal with a stadium of people.
    Usually with an airstrike.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  10. #2050
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,795
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Titan

    Quit my job at the beginning of the month. Just realized that using auto-fill for online applications was putting my old work number as my home phone.

  11. #2051
    Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    21,329
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    Got a new set of irons off eBay for a steal earlier today after failing or coming up short with bids and offers for a week. Was so thrilled about it I started tossing bids around on other parts of my golf bag that I wanted to start replacing.

    Welp now I'm out about one grand and even replaced the fucking bag and am going to check out some new shoes and gloves tomorrow. Whoops.

  12. #2052
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,251
    BG Level
    6

    Why for fuck's sake does Chrome allow me to delete a folder with hundreds of bookmarks without giving me so much as a prompt to confirm that I actually want to delete it? Goddamnit.

  13. #2053
    Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,542
    BG Level
    7
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

    Quote Originally Posted by Petitssk View Post
    Why for fuck's sake does Chrome allow me to delete a folder with hundreds of bookmarks without giving me so much as a prompt to confirm that I actually want to delete it? Goddamnit.
    It was your porn folder wasn't it ? RIP
    For real though that's some bullshit.

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  14. #2054
    Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    8,964
    BG Level
    8

    Take the day off to attempt to file a petition at the courthouse. Probate officer said self help is Mon Tues Thurs. Apparently the self help clinic is only for Monday and I probably have to take another day off to file the paperwork. Ugh.

  15. #2055
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,251
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    It was your porn folder wasn't it ? RIP
    For real though that's some bullshit.

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    I don't even have a folder for those, think I've got 2 porn-related bookmarks tops. Actually was my folder for sales listings I use to keep track of sold out stuff that may reappear in various shops. Had a recent check on all sites, so fortunately, I had a very clean listing of all sites in there in my browser history, but still took some time to fix it.

  16. #2056
    Electric Six groupie
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,451
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

    Went to the local State professional licensing office in Chicago this afternoon to process my application for an architect's license. Turns out they can only do that down in Springfield so I have to ship my application and application fee down there. That was my lunch break

  17. #2057
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    23,594
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Just found out a restaurant supply store like a couple blocks from me is having their annual big sale this weekend. While it's mostly for restaurants it can also be great for just home kitchens or getting some cheap extras of like silverware sets and such. Sales are generally great and they usually do a cookout of free food like pizza, brats, burgers etc.

    And I'll be out of town all weekend. I mean granted I'm going to a beer and bacon fest and then partying around SF area but still bummed

  18. #2058
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,751
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Currently waiting in Toronto for a 10:30 flight because the delay in laguardia made me and the wife miss our connection by 3 fucking minutes and they wouldn't open the doors for us. Fuck Westjet

  19. #2059
    Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10,263
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries
    4

    I keep checking my phone for email or missed call (phone on silent) from the job interview.

  20. #2060
    Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,542
    BG Level
    7
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    I keep checking my phone for email or missed call (phone on silent) from the job interview.
    A watched pot never boils but I can't say much as I keep checking my email and online job status board so many times a day waiting for an update on my job promotion status. Word is they are waiting until June to take everyone at once which makes sense but fuck this waiting is agony.

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Page 103 of 203 FirstFirst ... 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3068
    Last Post: 2018-07-19, 19:47
  2. Replies: 2973
    Last Post: 2009-10-12, 13:08