Page 112 of 203 FirstFirst ... 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 122 162 ... LastLast
Results 2221 to 2240 of 4044
  1. #2221
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,083
    BG Level
    10

    +107?

    Damn, that handicap dude.

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  2. #2222

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    24,287
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    I had a fridge repair guy some over to fix a water leak to my ice machine. Next thing I know he is on his hands and knees behind the fridge pulling out the motor and air compressor to replace them.

    I said, “Uh, hey man, do you want me to go flip off the breaker?”

    He responded, “Nah, it’s just 110, it won’t kill me.”

    insert blinking.gif

    He got it fixed though.

  3. #2223
    Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    21,329
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    +107?

    Damn, that handicap dude.

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Not +107, 107 on a par 72. Puts the handicap for the course around 30. I usually shoot anywhere from high 80's to mid 90's as a bogey golfer. I'm happy with anything under 100 really since we just have fun and usually drink but I didn't drink at all today, so I'm worse sober technically lol.

  4. #2224
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,642
    BG Level
    9

    Power has been out for 6 hours now and have some mobile game dailies I can't do because they're on my tablet and this phone doesn't have a mobile hotspot option.

  5. #2225
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    93
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    I had a fridge repair guy some over to fix a water leak to my ice machine. Next thing I know he is on his hands and knees behind the fridge pulling out the motor and air compressor to replace them.

    I said, “Uh, hey man, do you want me to go flip off the breaker?”

    He responded, “Nah, it’s just 110, it won’t kill me.”

    insert blinking.gif

    He got it fixed though.
    TBH I do the same when I do residential electrical work lol.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #2226
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    22,830
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    This is your annual reminder that doing the yearbook sucks monkey balls.

  7. #2227
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    28,590
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    Hasbro for Transformers 35th anniversary, have re-released 6 of the G1 mini bot figures. I still got 1 I can't track down and people are wanting 50 bucks for it after market when they sold for 8 bucks each...

  8. #2228
    Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    21,329
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    Truck was determined a total loss today, over 18k in damage possibly upwards of 23k. Seat was indeed broken, scary but I knew it.

    Since it's a lease the insurance company determined a settlement price but the leasing company doesn't give out the payoff amount by phone and it'll take 5 business days for the insurance to find out the payoff amount. They then determine the difference and send payment to them and If there is a difference between the settlement and payoff amount that's what I'll get back.

    Problem is once determined a total loss I only have my rental for 7 more days, so I have 7 days to find and buy a new vehicle with absolutely no money for a down payment or anything and I most likely won't even know what I'm getting from the settlement until after I buy a car.

    I guesstimated its about 3000-3500 but to be smart I'll probably get just a cheap as fuck lease with < $1,000 out of pocket including tax title and fees.

    Bonus I still don't have a Police report or know her insurance information because who the fuck knows. Have my friend who's a cop looking into it tonight. Made sure to call the prosecutor's office today too since I'm a victim and might be entitled to damages, hi yes I'd like a down payment please. Since I wasn't at fault all I want is the dollar amount I put into my truck to drive it off the lot so I can do the same but it looks like I'm gonna have to spend money out of pocket and then hopefully get reimbursed.

    I have no idea what kind of car to get, I've never had to buy a vehicle out of necessity before. I've always been able to walk out of dealers, negotiate, walk away from bad deals and wait for a good one but this time around I'll have that added pressure of actually needing the car. I haven't decided whether to lease or buy something cheap and used, I just need something for an 80 mile round trip to work twice a week that can safely fit a car seat and golf clubs. All wheel drive would be a plus. I'll probably start with Subaru.

  9. #2229
    Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    21,329
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    Rant over. Oh and yes I'm getting a personal injury lawyer like mentioned before, my back neck and shoulder are still lingering.

  10. #2230
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,083
    BG Level
    10

    All good stuff man, good luck. I recommend shopping around for a place that will let you put zero down, for a mid range vehicle. Something where you arent spending 600/month on the lease but if this happens again you arent down the down payment.

    Does it have to be a lease? You dont feel like owning the car?

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  11. #2231
    United States of Smash!
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    8,818
    BG Level
    8

    My wife and I have a Rav4 Hybrid and really like it and it gets great mileage. You lose a little bit of storage space to the hybrid batteries though so if you value space over fuel efficiency then go for the non hybrid. We have 2 kids and can all fit in the vehicle with our stuff.

    We looked at the Subaru Outback, Forester, and the Honda CR-V before settling on the Rav4. All of the vehicles were nice though and we could have gone with any of them.

  12. #2232
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,083
    BG Level
    10

    My in laws have a rav4 and I like it.

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  13. #2233
    Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,542
    BG Level
    7
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

    Ever since I started driving at 16 I've never had an at fault accident or incident until yesterday. Of course it was a fucking Tesla of all cars and the woman didn't speak English so her daughter had to deal with it. Literally the stupid screw for my front license plate (required in California) , bumped it while we were at a red turn signal. It happened so fast but I'm fairly sure the light turned green and they hesitated so I must have been too close and it was less than 5mph and left a screw indentation on their bumper. There is zero paint transfer , zero smudges or marks on my honda.

    Of course being a Tesla they aren't just going to ignore it and their insurance rep basically kept telling me how expensive of a car it is , like I was stupid or something. I followed all the protocols of giving my info without hesitation but fuck this blows.

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  14. #2234
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,083
    BG Level
    10

    It's an expensive car because of the battery tech. The paint job is no different than any other car lol. Dont let them scare you.

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  15. #2235
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    28,590
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    Yup, I immediately had Astylla forward me pictures just in case of her car (she panicked and forgot to photograph their car) but at least our insurance company now has pictures of her car so if they try to pull anything, they have some ammunition to fight back.

  16. #2236
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7,178
    BG Level
    8

    Guess it must be different where you live... Why would you have to talk to their insurance rep? That is why you have your own. You forward the info to your rep and they take care of it from there.

    Second what Sal said, If there is one thing that isn't different on a Telsa from other cars, it's the fucking paint. They might have a nice markup on the paint, but most car companies have "Premium" color.

  17. #2237
    Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,542
    BG Level
    7
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

    Quote Originally Posted by Yabby View Post
    Guess it must be different where you live... Why would you have to talk to their insurance rep? That is why you have your own. You forward the info to your rep and they take care of it from there.

    Second what Sal said, If there is one thing that isn't different on a Telsa from other cars, it's the fucking paint. They might have a nice markup on the paint, but most car companies have "Premium" color.
    I've never been in an at fault incident so this is all new to me even though I've been driving for 25 years. The rep from their insurance called me so I spoke to them so I guess I fucked that part up..

    I used to work for car dealerships and with body shops so I know the process fairly well. I'm just pissed off at myself for being so careless.

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  18. #2238
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7,178
    BG Level
    8

    1 in 25 years is a good track record. I've never been the one at fault, but I've been hit about 4 times in the last 10 years. Doesn't help that I live near a high school and 3 of those were high school kids rear-ending me and one pulled right out in front of me from the parking lot.

  19. #2239
    Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10,263
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Yabby View Post
    1 in 25 years is a good track record. I've never been the one at fault, but I've been hit about 4 times in the last 10 years. Doesn't help that I live near a high school and 3 of those were high school kids rear-ending me and one pulled right out in front of me from the parking lot.
    How many calls did you get from injury lawyers?! Jokes aside, last week there was an attempt to reform Michigan's unlimited medical so our car insurance will stop being so damn expensive. Unfortunately word is the governor shot it down pretty quick.

  20. #2240
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7,178
    BG Level
    8

    At least 4 calls per hit. My wife is a def attorney and confirmed that everyone that does those calls are shit.

    Edit: I don't just mean shit people, they are shit at their jobs as well. I always thought you had to have a certain amount of intelligence to be a lawyer. I was very very wrong.

Page 112 of 203 FirstFirst ... 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 122 162 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3068
    Last Post: 2018-07-19, 19:47
  2. Replies: 2973
    Last Post: 2009-10-12, 13:08