Page 184 of 203 FirstFirst ... 134 174 182 183 184 185 186 194 ... LastLast
Results 3661 to 3680 of 4044
  1. #3661

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    9,277
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    I never stopped going to work at all so I win this dick measurement. I just started carrying around fabric masks.

  2. #3662
    Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    8,978
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Roranora View Post
    I never stopped going to work at all so I win this dick measurement. I just started carrying around fabric masks.
    *hi-five* to the essential worker club.

    Also the manufacturing lab continues to be a wet miserable swamp where the nitrile gloves I'm wearing get all sweaty within 5 minutes of donning them.

  3. #3663

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    9,277
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    *hi-five* to the essential worker club.

    Also the manufacturing lab continues to be a wet miserable swamp where the nitrile gloves I'm wearing get all sweaty within 5 minutes of donning them.
    yay essential aka moderately compensated at best

    your working environment's wet bulb temperature is quite irritability-inducing i imagine, especially under PPE. stay safe primo

  4. #3664
    Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,542
    BG Level
    7
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

    Here as an essential worker too though in my case there's more work available than I can personally do even doing overtime every week. I would have loved a week or two at home tbh.

    I got compensated with 128 hours free paid leave , just have to use within 2 years.
    On top of normal accrual , and other comp time I get via overtime sitting at about 5 weeks off currently and nowhere to go.

    We did have two COVID-19 related deaths in our agency in the last 72 hours. One deputy and one technician.

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  5. #3665
    Chram
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,622
    BG Level
    7

    my only compensation is getting to tell random maskless karens and chads to fuck off and get out of our store. (and pray they don't pull a gun or knife on me.)

  6. #3666
    I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    17,539
    BG Level
    9

    Lol still nothing from work, but still haven't removed from the group chat. Gonna file for unemployment in a couple days when next week schedule come out and I'm not on it.

    Like how do you not even tell someone you got rid of them?

  7. #3667

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    9,277
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    they did it to Milton too, Cream. might just have to set the building on fire

  8. #3668
    I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    17,539
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Roranora View Post
    they did it to Milton too, Cream. might just have to set the building on fire
    lmao that was a great movie; def need to give it another watch

  9. #3669
    United States of Smash!
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    8,818
    BG Level
    8

    So I mentioned before my work is outsourcing the IT department and I am going to be out of a job soon. Well in the last three weeks I have sent out 8 applications to various IT jobs listed as remote/wfh or local to the area where I am and I haven't heard back from any of them.

    The one job that I did interview for has offered me a job but their initial offer is less than what I currently make. I am going to negotiate with them. I just hope that I am successful. This is my least favorite part about getting a new job.

  10. #3670
    I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    17,539
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    So I mentioned before my work is outsourcing the IT department and I am going to be out of a job soon. Well in the last three weeks I have sent out 8 applications to various IT jobs listed as remote/wfh or local to the area where I am and I haven't heard back from any of them.

    The one job that I did interview for has offered me a job but their initial offer is less than what I currently make. I am going to negotiate with them. I just hope that I am successful. This is my least favorite part about getting a new job.

    Good luck with your negotiations.

    lol my manager in the group chat asking for coverage for 3 shifts this week while scheduling me for 0 hours like mam? lmao

  11. #3671
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    22,443
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries
    1

    You should volunteer, lol.

    Also, to already have an interview right now is pretty great zoob. I fucking hate job hunting too. Good luck

  12. #3672
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,090
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

    Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    So I mentioned before my work is outsourcing the IT department and I am going to be out of a job soon. Well in the last three weeks I have sent out 8 applications to various IT jobs listed as remote/wfh or local to the area where I am and I haven't heard back from any of them.

    The one job that I did interview for has offered me a job but their initial offer is less than what I currently make. I am going to negotiate with them. I just hope that I am successful. This is my least favorite part about getting a new job.
    Keep your positive outlook up man. Times are tough, I remember getting into the job market during 2008 crisis and I’d consider myself lucky if I got a call from 20 applications. Eventually you are going to get that call that’ll meet your expectations.

    Negotiating can be tough, I have to say I hated and avoided negotiations as much as I could, until I got used to the process by watching how successful negotiators handle them. Attended meetings with my General Manager (who has a strong executive presence) as much as I could, watched how calm, relaxed when he was literally going through the list of his demands. Basically in a negotiation they are interested in your skills and you sell them at a price you determine through your past experience and market situation. Determining your expectations and letting the employer know them in a calm, composed manner even makes it easier for the employer. They may accept or reject. Also keep in mind that a negative response is not an ultimatum, they may not able to meet your salary demands but compensate them through perks. They’ve probably went through such a negotiation hundreds of times in the past.

    Just remember to weigh the whole package. What can the company provide for your overall development? How are the working conditions? You may settle for slightly less than your expectations in terms of salary but able to save from commute, etc. due to location advantages.

  13. #3673
    United States of Smash!
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    8,818
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Mayareira View Post
    Keep your positive outlook up man. Times are tough, I remember getting into the job market during 2008 crisis and I’d consider myself lucky if I got a call from 20 applications. Eventually you are going to get that call that’ll meet your expectations.

    Negotiating can be tough, I have to say I hated and avoided negotiations as much as I could, until I got used to the process by watching how successful negotiators handle them. Attended meetings with my General Manager (who has a strong executive presence) as much as I could, watched how calm, relaxed when he was literally going through the list of his demands. Basically in a negotiation they are interested in your skills and you sell them at a price you determine through your past experience and market situation. Determining your expectations and letting the employer know them in a calm, composed manner even makes it easier for the employer. They may accept or reject. Also keep in mind that a negative response is not an ultimatum, they may not able to meet your salary demands but compensate them through perks. They’ve probably went through such a negotiation hundreds of times in the past.

    Just remember to weigh the whole package. What can the company provide for your overall development? How are the working conditions? You may settle for slightly less than your expectations in terms of salary but able to save from commute, etc. due to location advantages.
    Thanks. I countered today so we shall see how it goes. The job market is tough out there so that will weigh in on my decision.

    This job will be a good opportunity and a spring board for others but I don't want to get hosed in pay specially because my wife can't work due to COVID so right now my income is our only income.

  14. #3674
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    936
    BG Level
    5

    Anyone know wtf is going on with my garden?? Is it from the intense heat or do my plants have some kinda disease??

    Spoiler for big:
    Spoiler: show




  15. #3675
    United States of Smash!
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    8,818
    BG Level
    8

    Looks like sunburn to me. But could also be blossom rot. If it gets foggy or rains while the plants are flowering then fungus gets into the flower and as the flower wilts and the fruit forms the fungus gets into the fruit and rots it from the inside out.

    I am not a gardening expert though.

  16. #3676
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    936
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    Looks like sunburn to me. But could also be blossom rot. If it gets foggy or rains while the plants are flowering then fungus gets into the flower and as the flower wilts and the fruit forms the fungus gets into the fruit and rots it from the inside out.

    I am not a gardening expert though.
    Hasn’t been raining much, but the suns been brutal so I’m going to assume sunburn

  17. #3677
    The Fucking Voice of Actually
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    11,057
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    6

    Googling sunscald and blossom rot, those pictures do not look like blossom rot.

  18. #3678
    Chram
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,622
    BG Level
    7

    yeah, whatever that is, it looks more like something that's been damaged then the tomatoes healed up over rather than is actively rotting, for the most part. that doesn't suggest rot, to me, but rather damage (sunburn? very hungry caterpillars?) or some sort of nutritional deficiency that caused them to form improperly. don't forget, it's not just the macronutrients that affect plant growth and fruit/blossom formation, but micronutrients like copper, zinc, and iron as well. sometimes the nutrients are in the soil, even, but due to the pH of the soil, the plants don't have easy access to them. i know in southern cali, for instance, the soil was a type of annoying clay that was rather alkaline and needed heavy amending with organic matter, the occasional acidic booster like coffee grounds, or some people used fertilizer with iron as well as nitrogen because the alkaline soil tended to lock the iron up in an unusable form for plants, resulting in the dreaded "yellow leaves with green veins" look.

    ...although there was also far too many people who came in with the straight up yellow leaves look because they decided their precious gardenia plant needed water 2 times a day, every day. <_< you can imagine how well those poor things fared in their new careers as aquatic plants.

  19. #3679
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    936
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Psion View Post
    yeah, whatever that is, it looks more like something that's been damaged then the tomatoes healed up over rather than is actively rotting, for the most part. that doesn't suggest rot, to me, but rather damage (sunburn? very hungry caterpillars?) or some sort of nutritional deficiency that caused them to form improperly. don't forget, it's not just the macronutrients that affect plant growth and fruit/blossom formation, but micronutrients like copper, zinc, and iron as well. sometimes the nutrients are in the soil, even, but due to the pH of the soil, the plants don't have easy access to them. i know in southern cali, for instance, the soil was a type of annoying clay that was rather alkaline and needed heavy amending with organic matter, the occasional acidic booster like coffee grounds, or some people used fertilizer with iron as well as nitrogen because the alkaline soil tended to lock the iron up in an unusable form for plants, resulting in the dreaded "yellow leaves with green veins" look.

    ...although there was also far too many people who came in with the straight up yellow leaves look because they decided their precious gardenia plant needed water 2 times a day, every day. <_< you can imagine how well those poor things fared in their new careers as aquatic plants.
    Yeah I was thinking possible nutritional deficiency as well. I'm still leaning towards sunburn though. It's been brutal here on Long Island past couple weeks. Feel bad for my poor plants

  20. #3680
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    28,675
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    PS4 controller #2 dead. Both of my launch controllers have now died. Not sure if it's the battery or something else as it lights up for a second when I plug it in, then it just stops charging like it's full.

Page 184 of 203 FirstFirst ... 134 174 182 183 184 185 186 194 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3068
    Last Post: 2018-07-19, 19:47
  2. Replies: 2973
    Last Post: 2009-10-12, 13:08