Page 201 of 203 FirstFirst ... 151 191 199 200 201 202 203 LastLast
Results 4001 to 4020 of 4044
  1. #4001
    I like to eat food
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9,064
    BG Level
    8

    Sell it.

    Is it a good one? Samsung Q80? Sony X900? LG CX?

  2. #4002
    I like to eat food
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9,064
    BG Level
    8

    Can put it on Craigslist, offer up, etc. Police aren't getting involved in any of that.

  3. #4003
    Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    8,125
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh_Quetz View Post
    And knowing my mom. It’s most likely a stolen TV that she got for like 100 bucks but will say it cost her like 1,500 dollars because my family thinks that the dollar amount is how you show love.
    My first thought was if she opened a credit card in your name to pay for it.

    As for advice, I got nothin'.

  4. #4004
    The Fucking Voice of Actually
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    11,057
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    6

    Sounds like you're in restraining order territory.

  5. #4005
    The Fucking Voice of Actually
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    11,057
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    6

    Trust the Bane, he knows the importance of bathroom TVs.

  6. #4006
    Limecat
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,065
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries
    2

    I will attempt a restraining order in a few days. I did some stupid physical shit and now it hurts to stand and lift my arms. I’ll just leave the TV part out.

    I decided to try and make use of the tv in my game room which has black out curtains but before touching it. I wanted to see if I could take down my wall mounted 18 year old flat screen down. By myself. Shit weighs like 130 pounds(Remember, I’m a broken human with the physical strength of a child) I managed to get it off the wall without killing myself, only to find that the handyman we paid to set it up did about 1/4th the job and the TV could have fallen down and hurt me, killed my dog, or whatever.

    So because I’m an idiot, I have hurt myself but saved myself and now because I’m angry about the sudden new TV, and how shit that handiman was. I am dead set on using that fucking thing. It weighs like maybe 30 pounds. I just have to go Canadian Tire and get some shit to properly finish the wall mount.

    I’m also internalizing it as “fuck it. This is my real Christmas gift. It makes up for getting a 30 dollar roast pan, 10 dollars in tupperwear, and two visa gift cards that were stolen and not activated.

    I’m sure these are probably not the best actions but fuck it. I am an idiot. Everyone here is well aware of that.

  7. #4007
    Limecat
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,065
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries
    2

    Whoops. See. I’m an idiot.

  8. #4008
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,090
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

    Can't you just ignore and keep a distant but healthy relationship?

    She is your mother and will be in your life one way or other. Restraining order could actually escalate things and create more and more drama. Some people have narcissistic tendencies and best thing you could do for your own mental health is to get out of their way.

  9. #4009

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,432
    BG Level
    7

    yeah, no. restraining order. dangerous, toxic family doesn't get a pass because they're family.

  10. #4010
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7,184
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Mayareira View Post
    Can't you just ignore and keep a distant but healthy relationship?

    She is your mother and will be in your life one way or other. Restraining order could actually escalate things and create more and more drama. Some people have narcissistic tendencies and best thing you could do for your own mental health is to get out of their way.
    no...

  11. #4011
    Limecat
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,065
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by Mayareira View Post
    Can't you just ignore and keep a distant but healthy relationship?

    She is your mother and will be in your life one way or other. Restraining order could actually escalate things and create more and more drama. Some people have narcissistic tendencies and best thing you could do for your own mental health is to get out of their way.
    I take it you haven’t read any of the other stories I’ve posted about that woman. To call her a mother is a horrible insult to mothers.

    Let’s just say this nicely. No. No that is not possible. Not now, not ever.

  12. #4012
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    28,663
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    Quote Originally Posted by Mayareira View Post
    Can't you just ignore and keep a distant but healthy relationship?

    She is your mother and will be in your life one way or other. Restraining order could actually escalate things and create more and more drama. Some people have narcissistic tendencies and best thing you could do for your own mental health is to get out of their way.
    Oh dear god no. I swear mine and Myrh's mother are long lost sisters and I've only spoken to her twice in the last 10 years, and I feel the 1500 miles between us still isn't enough. But then again, our last conversation I finally told her that she better have her post life wants paid for and stated in a will as I wouldn't even be bothered to have her corpse donated for study if she outlives my brother and her husband.

  13. #4013
    Limecat
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,065
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Oh dear god no. I swear mine and Myrh's mother are long lost sisters and I've only spoken to her twice in the last 10 years, and I feel the 1500 miles between us still isn't enough. But then again, our last conversation I finally told her that she better have her post life wants paid for and stated in a will as I wouldn't even be bothered to have her corpse donated for study if she outlives my brother and her husband.
    No joke, the last time I spoke to my mom, via text, I said basically the same shit, I told her what a monster she was, how horrible she was wishing cancer had killed me, and the myriad of other shit, she denies it all because she's that delusional.

    The only difference is you get to be 1500 miles away from yours. Mines stuck several blocks away. Its cute when people say shit like that though. Even my wife knows how lucky she is with her parents. It'll be like "This one time, my mom beat me til I bled for dressing up to go to a birthday party" and my wife will say "My mom drove me to my friends birthday parties"

  14. #4014
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    28,663
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    Yeah, I'm not going to lie, in a way I'm a little jeoous my step sister and step brother just because they have a normal loving relationship with their mother, and from what I can tell with their father as well.

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  15. #4015
    Limecat
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,065
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Yeah, I'm not going to lie, in a way I'm a little jeoous my step sister and step brother just because they have a normal loving relationship with their mother, and from what I can tell with their father as well.

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

    Oh I've come to tears watching my wifes family be together. I used to think my shit was normal. Christmas at her parents, everyone is happy and thankful. No fighting, no police. Even after 8 years with her family, I still look at it as weird. "Where's the receipts, or why isn't everything marked with a price?"

  16. #4016

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,432
    BG Level
    7

    you have to actually experience it for it to stick. some lucky fucks never do.

  17. #4017
    Limecat
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,065
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Yeah, I'm not going to lie, in a way I'm a little jeoous my step sister and step brother just because they have a normal loving relationship with their mother, and from what I can tell with their father as well.

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

    I just had a thought(rare, I know). We should share 5 quick stories explaining just how awful and evil our mothers are. I personally think it would be a good(albeit, fucked up) laugh. Nothing super awful, but enough to get the point across. I got a few off the top of my head but I’ll wait to see if you’re on board. If not, I have an unrelated fail that I can post instead.

  18. #4018
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    28,663
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    Oh god, trying to narrow it down to five instances would be a pain in the ass. I think my ah-ha moment for me though was when I tore and dislocated my shoulder playing baseball with my cousins. I'm crying and screaming in pain I've never experienced before, my shoulder feeling like it's on fire with any movement, my cousins are practically having to carry me back and my mother just acts like I'm wanting attention and if my arm is moving, it must be fine.

  19. #4019
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    224
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    My brother and I were crying in the backseat (around 8 and 10 years old) while my father was weaving around driving drunk trying to get back home. Currently haven't spoken to him in many years and he's been in and out of homeless shelters and jail.

    My mother has never reached out to speak with my nine year old daughter. She's been married seven times and has struggled with addictions to medication and booze. Haven't spoken to her other than an annual Merry Christmas.

    Sometimes it's better off to forgive; sometimes it's best to remove yourself from a situation. There's gray in this black and white world. For my situation and the ones above I would recommend running at full speed.

  20. #4020
    Limecat
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,065
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries
    2

    My medical related ones.

    About 8 years or so ago, I woke up, half my face was paralyzed. Didn’t know what to do. Friend tells me to go to Emerg. I call my mom and let her know. She calls me a piece of shit for interrupting her at work. Go to ER, tell them I can’t feel half my face and my vision is fuzzy. Bam, tests get done and done fast(could have been a stroke), turned out to be lingering brain damage from my seizures, caused me to have Bell’s palsy. As soon as I’m told, I call my mom and tell her. She screams at me for not telling her sooner, blah blah blah, and then “That fucking cunt of your girlfriend did this. She’s changing you into this awful person.

    Worst was cancer. “Hey mom. Going to Emerg for ____ reason.” Call her as soon as I get the news “You don’t fucking have cancer. This is just a ploy to get money out of me. I bet your piece of shit of a wife made you do this. What happened to my son? Where has he gone”. Christmas that year, woman who birthed me says “I fucking wish you didn’t survive cancer”, older brother said “I know you faked cancer for attention. ____’s mom went through cancer, and I did a 6 hour CPR course at work, so I know you’re faking it”(he’s so stupid he couldn’t even spell CPR), and my little brother got a 10,000 dollar, two week vacation to Vegas. You know, cause he had a really hard 6 months. I got cookware.

    But my first memory of what a bad mother she was and was going to be.
    5th birthday. I was a fan of a show where people went into cyber space to fight evil. It was like Power Rangers but in a pc. I think it was VR troopers. Anyways, I wanted one of their weapons for my birthday. I open it and yep. I got one. My little brother starts crying and crying and crying about how it’s unfair I get a present and he gets nothing. My mom then goes to a closet and pulls out A SECOND of the same god damn weapon and hands it to him and says “I knew you’d want one”. I gave him mine, stopped watching the show, started to hate it actually.

    Oh one more. And this one is insane but 100% the truth. I was living at home at the time, the wife(gf at the time) would stay over for a few days at a time. One day, my mom asks me to get her a subway sub. She writes down what she wants and hands me the paper. I go to subway, give him the paper, get the sub, pay for it, go home. My mom opens the sub, see that there is no lettuce. So either she wrote it so poorly he couldn’t read it or she just didn’t write it. She starts screaming at me about how this was A VERY CLEAR SIGN THAT I WANT HER DEAD AND THAT I WILL PROBABLY KILL HER MYSELF. I offered to go get another one. “NOPE. WHATS THE POINT. THE DAMAGE IS ALREADY DONE. YOU MADE IT VERY CLEAR THAT YOU WANT ME DEAD”

    The gf(wife) and I got a hotel room for two days cause fucking hell, had I listened to anymore, I would have attacked her.

    And real quick. My brother shaved his head and told people that my cancer was his.

    So ya. Just because a woman shat you out of her cunt, does not make her your mother or family. Blood and family mean nothing. Hell, I have 11 Step dads. That’s no joke either. All abusive junkies. And everything I’ve said here is the light hearted stuff too lol

    I envy every single person who has a good relationship with their family. If you’re able to forgive, you’re lucky, but I have 32 years of extreme abuse that I will never forgive. Most of the shit I post here is the lighter fare of what’s happened to me over the years. There are many dark tunnels that I don’t know if I could even share. I only told my wife about them during cancer cause I thought I was going to die and I needed her to know important it is to me that they are not welcome at my funeral.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3068
    Last Post: 2018-07-19, 19:47
  2. Replies: 2973
    Last Post: 2009-10-12, 13:08