Page 37 of 203 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 87 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 740 of 4044
  1. #721
    Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10,263
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi View Post
    Oh, so you don't have anything very sophisticated it seems. I'm leaning heavily towards something with the machine itself then.
    Both furnace and central a/c unit? Doesn't that seem odd that both would go out at the same time?

  2. #722

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,620
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Check and make sure your HVAC wasn't set up with a switch that cuts power to everything. Mine was built that way...extra light switch style switch by the heater that cuts power to everything outside of flipping a circuit breaker. Recently neither my heater nor AC would turn on, everything was fine the previous day, thermostat was still behaving properly, house is only 2 years old. Someone had thrown the switch, so even though the thermostat was trying to make shit happen there was no juice.

    After that yeah, check thermostat. Older units can and will die, it's generally an easy fix to replace.

  3. #723
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    23,594
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Welcome to Dasva's adventurers in bicycling. This time instead of someone trying to turn into me they just kept veering into the bike lane while I rode next to them while yelling at them so they could park in the bus loading zone for some reason.

    But there is an upside. Upon recommendation from a fellow biker I've been trying to spit at cars that do shit like this. So I took the opportunity to do so as I passed him. Bonus points right as I did so he turned and looked right at me and looked like he was about to say some shit before I got my lucky shot in

  4. #724
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25,823
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Welcome to Dasva's adventurers in bicycling. This time instead of someone trying to turn into me they just kept veering into the bike lane while I rode next to them while yelling at them so they could park in the bus loading zone for some reason.

    But there is an upside. Upon recommendation from a fellow biker I've been trying to spit at cars that do shit like this. So I took the opportunity to do so as I passed him. Bonus points right as I did so he turned and looked right at me and looked like he was about to say some shit before I got my lucky shot in
    I had a good one a few weeks ago.

    Was getting close to my apartment on the left, so I have to cut across from the bike lane, into the right lane, and then into the turn lane to make the left turn. I usually get over early when it's clear and turn early and ride in the opposite bike lane because it's easier than yielding and turning at the busy light. Anyway, I check back, only car is a good 200 yards behind. Speed limit is 35. I go ahead and get over into the car lane. A few seconds later I check before I get over into the shared turn lane and the dude flies past me, illegally, in the turn lane, missing me by a foot.

    People endangering my life kinda pisses me off so I start cussing and flip him off. When he sees me flip him off, he slows down. As I ride by him, he has his window down to say something but I just yell different varieties of f-bombs over him. Now behind me, he's tailing me. My apt is on a pretty big intersection so I go ahead and pull over, check that there are a few witnesses present, and get ready to throw down or whatever this fucker has in mind. He gets out of his car and he's like a 50 year old dude with a pot belly. I'm about a head taller and would whip his ass so he doesn't try anything.

    He says a bunch of incorrect bullshit like "you're supposed to be in the bike lane!" and "you didn't signal!" Motherfucker, you were 200 yards behind me. I don't need to fucking signal. Then he says some crap about how I disrespected him LOL. There was a woman riding in his car so I think he was trying to protect his honor.

    After I calmed down later I realized I was stupid because a lot of the other people in Oakland are probably carrying so I'm gonna try not to road rage at anyone else.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  5. #725
    Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,542
    BG Level
    7
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

    Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    After I calmed down later I realized I was stupid because a lot of the other people in Oakland are probably carrying so I'm gonna try not to road rage at anyone else.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    I admit I’ve had to learn to not rage myself at idiots because of this very fear. There’s been a rash of freeway shootings in my area on/off the last few months . But seriously people are terrible and I just witnessed the other day in Oakland near Broadway at Kaiser , this one bicyclist was having words with this idiot SUV driver trying to defend their shitty driving.

  6. #726
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25,823
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    I admit I’ve had to learn to not rage myself at idiots because of this very fear. There’s been a rash of freeway shootings in my area on/off the last few months . But seriously people are terrible and I just witnessed the other day in Oakland near Broadway at Kaiser , this one bicyclist was having words with this idiot SUV driver trying to defend their shitty driving.
    Yeah it's a work in progress... not worth getting worked up over idiots but damn is it hard in the moment.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  7. #727
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    23,594
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    See I get not getting worked up over idiots... but someone already almost killing you sometimes more or less on purpose especially after it's happened so much and pretty sure at least once it was the same vehicle as a previous time? Fuck it got better chances yelling at some random assuming they didn't just speed off than a car coming straight at me

  8. #728
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    320
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Eragon Mcdohl
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Pulled my lower back while bowling (again). Remember to pick up the ball with both hands, signed, an extremely out of shape 27 year old.

  9. #729
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,642
    BG Level
    9

    How many times do you need to almost get maimed on your bike before you decide maybe you should start driving or riding a bus to work? I mean, it's not exactly a secret there are people out on the road out there that shouldn't be and a random petty act of revenge isn't going to change that, either. If anything, it just endangers you that much more. And before you counter with it saving you money or it's how you work out, I'm just trying to emphasis you not winding up in a coffin or the ER as the even greater long term benefit.

    I mean, it's bad enough your boss consistently sounds like an idiot, but between still working for him and keeping this up, maybe he's not the only one.

  10. #730
    Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10,263
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries
    4

    My coworkers refer to all Asians as orientals.

  11. #731
    I like to eat food
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9,064
    BG Level
    8

    I got 2 bags of Goldfish from the store to take as a snack for work cause they were on sale for 10/$10. I forgot to pack some. I'm hungry.

  12. #732
    Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10,263
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    I got 2 bags of Goldfish from the store to take as a snack for work cause they were on sale for 10/$10. I forgot to pack some. I'm hungry.
    I thought pecans would be OK to snack on at work. Nope.

  13. #733

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,039
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Can't snack on peacans at work or home. Nothing would get done but their ingestion.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  14. #734
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    23,594
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    How many times do you need to almost get maimed on your bike before you decide maybe you should start driving or riding a bus to work? I mean, it's not exactly a secret there are people out on the road out there that shouldn't be and a random petty act of revenge isn't going to change that, either. If anything, it just endangers you that much more. And before you counter with it saving you money or it's how you work out, I'm just trying to emphasis you not winding up in a coffin or the ER as the even greater long term benefit.

    I mean, it's bad enough your boss consistently sounds like an idiot, but between still working for him and keeping this up, maybe he's not the only one.
    Because they are the ones fucked up and doing wrong? Nice victim blaming though

  15. #735
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    22,430
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries
    1

    I got a super terrible haircut last weekend at a place that I have had a lot of good haircuts before. Full Hitler youth quasi-bowl cut. I asked the barber to shorten it, blend it, etc. and he just didn't get it. Could not understand.

    Went back today to try and get it blended at least. The only guy working there was the same guy who couldn't understand the last time.

    Now it is shorter but still totally unblended.

  16. #736
    Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10,263
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    I got a super terrible haircut last weekend at a place that I have had a lot of good haircuts before. Full Hitler youth quasi-bowl cut. I asked the barber to shorten it, blend it, etc. and he just didn't get it. Could not understand.

    Went back today to try and get it blended at least. The only guy working there was the same guy who couldn't understand the last time.

    Now it is shorter but still totally unblended.
    I've accepted my hair always looks like trash after a cut. Fortunately it grows fast so in a few days it looks semi normal.

  17. #737
    Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    22,163
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    I got a super terrible haircut last weekend at a place that I have had a lot of good haircuts before. Full Hitler youth quasi-bowl cut. I asked the barber to shorten it, blend it, etc. and he just didn't get it. Could not understand.

    Went back today to try and get it blended at least. The only guy working there was the same guy who couldn't understand the last time.

    Now it is shorter but still totally unblended.
    My new barber fucked up my beard trim before I went to Italy. Just lost my business forever.

  18. #738
    AoE
    AoE is offline
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    7,117
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Anyone here part of the bald crew?

  19. #739
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25,823
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by AoE View Post
    Anyone here part of the bald crew?
    Not yet. 28 and I'm receding pretty good above the temples though. Giving myself another year or two before I say fuck it and shave it all

    My ex used to tell me to look into plugs. Fuck that shit.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  20. #740
    United States of Smash!
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    8,818
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by AoE View Post
    Anyone here part of the bald crew?
    I am about halfway there. Very little hair left on top of my head. I buzz cut the rest as short as it will go with no guard but I don't use a razor on it yet due to my sensitive skin. Bald heads unite!

Page 37 of 203 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 87 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3068
    Last Post: 2018-07-19, 19:47
  2. Replies: 2973
    Last Post: 2009-10-12, 13:08