• Navigation
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 404
  1. #261
    Been Here Longer Than you
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,887
    BG Level
    10

    I read there were several record breaking lows for home openers last week and this week.

    Also, I've personally never once thought the Pats were in for a rough patch, until today. Last year was more about Kansas City just blowing the fuck up early, unexpectedly. This loss today...just looked like they were outclasses all over the field.

    Edit: Tidbit here - Rams tickets today were down to $4 before kickoff and were available for $3 after kickoff.

  2. #262
    The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    32,666
    BG Level
    10

    2018 NFL Week 2: The Browns Tied This Thread for Worst Thread Ever

    I’d be surprised if attendance turns around, short of stadiums having a Jumbotron dedicated to red zone, more and more people are realizing that going to football games fucking sucks, everything is expensive and you’re surrounded by drunk assholes.

  3. #263
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,918
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    I’d be surprised if attendance turns around, short of stadiums having a Jumbotron dedicated to red zone, more and more people are realizing that going to football games fucking sucks, everything is expensive and you’re surrounded by drunk assholes.
    That and the whole protest the NFL thing.

  4. #264
    Been Here Longer Than you
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,887
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Mythe_Seraph View Post
    That and the whole protest the NFL thing.
    This is one of the main reasons. Less people have been going to live games for awhile now, but TV ratings being down is the big shocker. Almost every single prim-time game has been down significantly so far this year, which are also down a higher % YOY than 2016~2017. Some 1PM EST kickoff games had higher ratings than the 2017 comparisons, but both were way down from 2016/2015. Their biggest sponsor in Nike did them no favors with the ad on the season opener lmao. I bet if Goodell had the power to do so, he would have contracted to Addidas or Reebok the very next morning.

  5. #265
    Pandemonium
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7,693
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    "This team is really much better coached...." really Collinsworth could have ended that sentence any way and have it be true compared to Garrett.

  6. #266
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,679
    BG Level
    10

    This is depressing.

  7. #267
    Pandemonium
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7,693
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    I mean it's the two worst teams in the NFC East that are only on prime time because of the size of the market/historical size of their fanbase. There was a 0% chance this game would be good. It might end up close but that isn't the same thing.

    Also it's slightly more depressing as a NY fan than a general football fan, but only slightly.

  8. #268
    Been Here Longer Than you
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,887
    BG Level
    10

    Jax/NE should have def been the prime-time game. Or KC/PIT. This is garbage.

  9. #269
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,744
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    I’d be surprised if attendance turns around, short of stadiums having a Jumbotron dedicated to red zone, more and more people are realizing that going to football games fucking sucks, everything is expensive and you’re surrounded by drunk assholes.
    Seriously.

    College games can be fun because the atmosphere is in generally a bit more rowdy, but football is awful in person for the most part. I fucking love going to NBA or MLB games, but at most I'll go to like a football game a year.

    Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Their biggest sponsor in Nike did them no favors with the ad on the season opener lmao.
    The people who legitimately care about the Kaepernick ad were already refusing to watch the NFL.

  10. #270
    The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    32,666
    BG Level
    10

    2018 NFL Week 2: The Browns Tied This Thread for Worst Thread Ever

    I’ve watched way less the last two years. Likely due to Terrible reffing and catch rules and a million commercials. I just don’t enjoy the product anywhere near as much.

    There’s also people not watching cuz of the CTE.

    coupled with the MAGAs crying over the anthem it’s the perfect storm of terribleness for NFL

  11. #271
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    454
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quality of the game has gone down significantly the last 2 years, at least that's why myself and nearly everybody I know watch way less or don't watch at all anymore.

  12. #272
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25,823
    BG Level
    10

    This game is mostly boring but watching Saquon break 2+ tackles every play is pretty cool

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  13. #273
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25,823
    BG Level
    10

    Lol these idiots accepted the penalty for 1st and 20 instead of 2nd and 16

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  14. #274
    Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    28,434
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    This game is mostly boring but watching Saquon break 2+ tackles every play is pretty cool

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Totally this. Horrible game of horrible teams

  15. #275
    Pandemonium
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7,693
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Well I'm sure what the Giants needed to have a better offensive line was to lose their center.

  16. #276
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,767
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    If the playoffs were today, Miami would be the 1 seed in the AFC.

    M
    I
    A
    M
    I

  17. #277
    Pandemonium
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7,693
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    CTE is a real thing as Tyven mentioned.

    I've thought about not getting Red Zone because I'm basically paying to watch these guys kill themselves for my entertainment. Makes me feel uncomfortable a bit....like I'm watching Christians be eaten by Lions in the coliseum. Then I shrug and accept the dichotomy and watch football. But some people aren't shrugging...and as players I loved growing up start to shoot themselves and go insane like Junior Seau did and others have done...I can see the day coming when I don't shrug anymore.

  18. #278
    Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    58,155
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    At least this Thursday will be better when the Jets play the Browns

  19. #279
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,744
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Watching the Browns continually find ways to not win (even if they all involve missed kicks) is pretty entertaining tho.

  20. #280
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,679
    BG Level
    10

    Can’t even beat a fucking anemic cowboys offense that has their god damn QB as one of their leading rushers. Shurmur is getting outcoached by god damn Jason fucking Garrett.

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 745
    Last Post: 2018-09-16, 15:20
  2. NFL Week 6: The ass-backwards standings.
    By Tyche in forum Sports
    Replies: 888
    Last Post: 2010-10-21, 15:32
  3. NFL Week 5: The (Gun)slinger.
    By Tyche in forum Sports
    Replies: 906
    Last Post: 2010-10-14, 19:42
  4. NFL Week 12 - The Turkey Day Massacre
    By archibaldcrane in forum Sports
    Replies: 1046
    Last Post: 2009-12-02, 21:05
  5. NFL week 15 - The week of the wildcard
    By Tyche in forum Sports
    Replies: 518
    Last Post: 2008-12-16, 19:51
  6. NFL Week 11 - The playoff push
    By Tyche in forum Sports
    Replies: 416
    Last Post: 2008-11-19, 09:31
  7. NFL Week 10 - The Dolphins are awesome!
    By Tyche in forum Sports
    Replies: 505
    Last Post: 2008-11-11, 12:39
  8. Replies: 242
    Last Post: 2008-10-21, 21:25
  9. Replies: 725
    Last Post: 2008-09-17, 17:53